In need of some mathematical calculations....

johnaalexis

Live Long and Prosper
Hey Y'all!

We are 32 days out (OMG IM FREAKING OUT!!!!) amd DH and I were talking about out ADRs tonight and I mentioned to him about the cost of one of the meals and he was surprised to find out that not alllllllll our meals are covered with our Dining Plan. I'm the planner and he's the driver / show up and tell me where to stand guy.

Long Story short.....

I am trying to figure up the cost if we upgrade from a QS Dining Plan to a Standard Dining Plan. We are staying at Pop Century during "Free Dining" and the DH and I have been talking about upgrading our DP simply because it seems their are several day where we want to eat at table service restaurants. We already have ADRs for them, but instead of having the QSDP already and paying for the Table Service meal out of pocket... we are trying to decide if it is cheaper to upgrade to the Table Service Dining Plan.

Currently, our Table Service ADR are

- Sanaa
- SciFi Dine In
- Tusker House
- Via Napoli
- Be Our Guest (Breakfast, so it's a QS but we ADRd)

We also want to try a few QS per reccomendations
- Flame Tree BBQ
- Tangerine Cafe
- Satuli Canteen
- Pecos Bills

So we are about split 50/50 and want to be cost effective (aka we are budgeting). We are staying Jul 13th - 19th, 7 days / 6 nights (did I count that right?!)

What I found was that the upgrade is roughly $23 per person/per night soo.... $23 x 6 is $138 so after tax... roughly $150 a person.

IS THIS RIGHT?! Help! Please!

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!

PS - Looking at menus and rough estimating what we would get and prices etc... I think on the TS ADRs we have now we will spend about $450 (again this is a ROUGH estimate). So mainly trying to figure out if the upgrade is cheaper than this price..

THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Last edited:
You may want to post your question on the dining plan forum (top of Restaurants forum). Folks there may have enough experience to offer some answers without having to see all of the math.

Beyond that, all I can offer is map it out....which you've already done to some extent. You've listed 9 meals....but have 7 days? Will your other meals be "unplanned" QS stops? If you switch to regular dining plan, will you leave TS credits on the table (no pun intended) or end up using TS credits to pay for quick-service meals?

ETA how you like to order can make a difference with the DDP. If I'm not mistaken, the 2019 plan includes an entree and dessert and a alcoholic beverage.... but still doesn't cover appetizers. If you happen to be appetizer people you could have some out-of-pocket cost to go along with your table service credit. I would definitely post your question on the dining plan board and see if folks there with more experience can help you out.

Last edited:
You may want to post your question on the dining plan forum (top of Restaurants forum). Folks there may have enough experience to offer some answers without having to see all of the math.

Beyond that, all I can offer is map it out....which you've already done to some extent. You've listed 9 meals....but have 7 days? Will your other meals be "unplanned" QS stops? If you switch to regular dining plan, will you leave TS credits on the table (no pun intended) or end up using TS credits to pay for quick-service meals?

ETA how you like to order can make a difference with the DDP. If I'm not mistaken, the 2019 plan includes an entree and dessert and a alcoholic beverage.... but still doesn't cover appetizers. If you happen to be appetizer people you could have some out-of-pocket cost to go along with your table service credit. I would definitely post your question on the dining plan board and see if folks there with more experience can help you out.
Will do thank you! As of now yes they are unplanned QS stops, if we upgrade however they will become planned :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter