In which case are you more likely to get an upgrade?

Lisa3

DIS Veteran
We are staying Polynesian GV Concierge for our Nov. trip and was wondering how much pixie dust it might take to hope for an upgrade to lagoon view. My question is do you think you are more likely to get an upgrade if you don't make any specific requests or should I just go ahead and request being on the 1st floor which is where we want to be?

I can't wait for this trip. It is our 20th anniversary and we will be staying for 9 wonderful nights. I am still afraid I will wake up from this fantastic dream come true.

By all means request what room/floor/smoking preference you will be happy with. Upgrades like that at the Polynesian are quite rare.

I would simply ask when you check in, in a cutesy way ask if there are by any chance any upgrades to lagoons view's that may be available to you.

Tell them you would really love to remember this trip forever, and you've heard countless stories about how the lagoon views are lifelong memories.

Sometimes, a sincere approach nets the best results.

It always amazes me how quick responses come in on this board! I know it's a long shot and believe me I feel very lucky to be able to stay at this beautiful resort in any room they offer me. Please know the question was asked sincerely and with no expectations. It is always nice to dream though.

Oh, I know how you intended it.. Im just suggesting that you use an upfront approach with the check in person. who knows, Maybe their best memory of Disney is their stay at the Lagoon View. and they would sway towards helping you out.

The main problem will be occupancy, Lagoon view concierge is very popular at the Polynesian, so even if they wanted to offer it to you there might not be anything available.

If it is really important I would book it.

I agree with Sammie. The last time we were there we had a GV room booked and asked at check-in if there were any LV available. We wanted to pay, we were not asking for an unpaid upgrade, and they told us that the rooms were all booked. LV is very popular. This time we made sure we booked long enough in advanced to get a LV room. I'm not saying it can't happen, but in my experience with Disney if you really really want something you should book it in advance. Just MHO.

Have a Great Vacation!!

Lisa--in general you're more likely to get an upgrade if you don't have a specific request (a first floor request is unlikely to get a 2nd floor LV upgrade) BUT as was already posted LV tends to book. You may be unable to get LV even if you pay the difference. If you want LV you might try to save money somewhere else in your trip budget or consider regular non-concierge LV (should be about what you're paying).

I wouldn't count on it happening. DH and I were booked in a Concierge GV room for our anniversary a couple of years ago. We inquired about the availability of an upgrade to Lagoon (the concierge already knew it was our anniversary). There were a couple of lagoon rooms available - but they requested an additional $200 per night over our discounted rate. We stayed in the GV.

Remember that the number of Lagoon View rooms at the Polynesian is very limited. If you want nonsmoking, there's basically just Tahiti and the first two floors of Hawaii, and only half of those are LV! (Currently with Hawaii in rehab it's even worse, but I think the rehab will be finished by Nov.) So in spite of the price they may be sold out even in slow season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter