Indiana Jones set to be released soon

But George has been on set multiple times for The Mandalorian and the upcoming Ahsoka show. He was there on Rosario’s first day playing Ahsoka. That’s been documented in behind the scenes stuff and through social media posts so clearly he’s supporting and likes some of the Disney stuff.

So it was Darth Kennedy instead directing Johnson to deconstruct Luke?

Not hardly. It was a LOT of people, though probably Kennedy the least. Lucasfilm Story Group is probably the biggest contributor, as they keep everything cohesive and determine general direction.

But George has been on set multiple times for The Mandalorian and the upcoming Ahsoka show. He was there on Rosario’s first day playing Ahsoka. That’s been documented in behind the scenes stuff and through social media posts so clearly he’s supporting and likes some of the Disney stuff.

George is too professional to openly trash other people's movies. He also, and this is probably shocking, doesn't care as much as the fans do.

He did a set visit on Solo too and even help Ron howard with a scene.

Reports are he loves Favreau and really likes what he did in the first two seasons of Mando. I read something that suggested George said Favreau "get's it" off the record of course. I think he likes Filonni as well. I know he likes the Ahsoka character alot, so that's why you likely see him there on that.

Reports are he loves Favreau and really likes what he did in the first two seasons of Mando. I read something that suggested George said Favreau "get's it" off the record of course. I think he likes Filonni as well. I know he likes the Ahsoka character alot, so that's why you likely see him there on that.

He definitely likes Filoni. Dave is the hand-picked apprentice and successor.

KK was the hand picked successor as well though, what happened there?

She was the successor as the president of the company. Dave worked with George directly on Clone Wars.

And, you know, she's done a decent job too. Maybe not perfect, but seems like George wasn't that either.

I am sure Favreau plays nice with, you know, his boss. Any reports to the contrary are wishful thinking.
Maybe so, but reports are he only agreed to do Mando season two if he had final authority and could not be forced to change anything he wanted in there. He only had this leverage because Mando was the only thing well received in Star Wars in a while. So many leakers and crap though, it's hard to know what is true. I will say you see Filoni playing kissy kissy to KK, but I just don't see much of that with Favreau. Favreau seems much less malleable.

Maybe so, but reports are he only agreed to do Mando season two if he had final authority and could not be forced to change anything he wanted in there. He only had this leverage because Mando was the only thing well received in Star Wars in a while. So many leakers and crap though, it's hard to know what is true. I will say you see Filoni playing kissy kissy to KK, but I just don't see much of that with Favreau. Favreau seems much less malleable.

But, regardless of if that's even true, she still hired the guy. She lets him be in charge. She really doesn't get into the day-to-day creative as much as some want to think. The hate for her is so misdirected. Fans seem to think that anything bad that comes out is directly her fault - she stormed in and took control of the cameras and made them do bad things to beloved characters! Of course, when they make something good, somehow it happened without her involvement and despite the fact that she is the president of the company - Oh, Favreau goes in there and tells KK to shut-the-heck-up and let him work! It's so insane.

Here are the facts:

Kathleen Kennedy produced The Force Awakens
Kathleen Kennedy produced Rogue One
Kathleen Kennedy produced The Last Jedi
Kathleen Kennedy produced Solo
Kathleen Kennedy produced The Rise of Skywalker
Kathleen Kennedy produced The Mandalorian
Kathleen Kennedy produced The Book of Boba Fett
Kathleen Kennedy produced Obi-Wan Kenobi
Kathleen Kennedy produced Andor

Some of that stuff is well-liked. Some of it isn't. She's not some evil maniac out to ruin your childhood. She's just a film executive.

The majority of these “reports” are unverified gossip though and again, are sometimes purposely made up to rile up a certain demographic. You’ll never actually really know what’s going on behind the scenes in these instances unless you’re sitting there in the room at the time and witness it yourself. These’s “leakers” and “scoopers” are always making up nonsense they know will get them clicks and views. And yeah, there may sometimes be some truth in some instances but nobody’s going to be risking their jobs and ability to work with such a big company again but airing out the dirty laundry publicly.

Edit also just to add on - Kathleen Kennedy also produced/excutive produced Temple of Doom and Crystal Skull (as well as ET) so this isn’t even the first Indy film she’s been involved with.

Also, let me also point out that the "incompetent" Kathleen Kennedy also produced:

E.T. the Extra Terrestrial
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
The Color Purple
Jurassic Park
The Bridges of Madison County
The Sixth Sense

That's just to name a few of her very well received work, so, you know, she's done all right.

She was the successor as the president of the company. Dave worked with George directly on Clone Wars.

And, you know, she's done a decent job too. Maybe not perfect, but seems like George wasn't that either.
So she has done a decent job lately?
-Willow?
- Book of Boba?
- Andor?
- Galactic Star Cruiser?
- Solo (her last movie)?
- Indy being way over budget and way past schedule?
-Too many projects announced and then scrapped to even mention?
- The Accolyte?

So are you mainly pointing to the commercial success of 4 movies that happened 6+ years ago or what? Presidents of companies are paid to make money for the shareholders right? Yearly profit right? Disney+ has yet to make money, so it's pretty hard to point to anything in streaming as being commercially successful.

Andor’s brought in actual real critical acclaim though. The show and Diego Luna been have nominated for Critics Choice Awards and many other huge awards like that. Do you know how difficult it is to have a genre show like Andor to get any kind of real, serious recognition like that in the industry?

Fine, the viewing figures might be lower than other shows but the critics loved it and I don’t think you realise just how many people out there 🏴‍☠️ the Disney+ stuff even when they can afford it because they simply don’t want to give the Disney corporation any money.

And you can’t judge The Acolyte yet because it hasn’t even come out. It only finished filming this week. The High Republic has a huge fanbase on Twitter and other places and with one of the main villains in the new Star Wars game that just came out being from that era there’s a lot of interest in THR now.

So she has done a decent job lately?
-Willow?
- Book of Boba?
- Andor?
- Galactic Star Cruiser?
- Solo (her last movie)?
- Indy being way over budget and way past schedule?
-Too many projects announced and then scrapped to even mention?
- The Accolyte?

So are you mainly pointing to the commercial success of 4 movies that happened 6+ years ago or what? Presidents of companies are paid to make money for the shareholders right? Yearly profit right? Disney+ has yet to make money, so it's pretty hard to point to anything in streaming as being commercially successful.

Well, they're not just successes - they are widely acclaimed. Certainly being at Lucasfilm pigeonholes her into a certian kind of movie. Despite commercial success, they have been creatively strong. A lot of the streaming woes shouldn't be laid at her feet (and she likely has nothing to due itwh the Starcruiser).

You seem to insinuate that Indy and The Acolyte are already failures - we can't possibly know that.

Andor’s brought in actual real critical acclaim though. The show and Diego Luna been have nominated for Critics Choice Awards and many other huge awards like that. Do you know how difficult it is to have a genre show like Andor to get any kind of real, serious recognition like that in the industry?

Fine, the viewing figures might be lower than other shows but the critics loved it and I don’t think you realise just how many people out there 🏴‍☠️ the Disney+ stuff even when they can afford it because they simply don’t want to give the Disney corporation any money.

And you can’t judge The Acolyte yet because it hasn’t even come out. It only finished filming this week. The High Republic has a huge fanbase on Twitter and other places and with one of the main villains in the new Star Wars game that just came out being from that era there’s a lot of interest in THR now.

Andor deserves some serious recognition. Stellan Skarsgard was phenomonal, and his speech about sacrifice was incredible! Andy Serkis too - just a knockout performance!

Last edited:

I just don't think critical acclaim matters much anymore, certainly not like it used to. Look at the critics scores compared to the fans scores on most movies, if you don't believe me. The movie going public quit listening to what the critics said about movies / shows many years ago. Most normies care way more about what other fans think nowadays. Stupid niche movies that no one cares to pay to see win a massive chunk of the awards annually. Look at the viewership of these award shows, they have been bleeding viewers for years now. There are even major thresholds being put in place for many awards to ensure DEI initiatives are met before they can even be submitted for voting. The fans don't think like this at all.

I just don't think critical acclaim matters much anymore, certainly not like it used to. Look at the critics scores compared to the fans scores on most movies, if you don't believe me. The movie going public quit listening to what the critics said about movies / shows many years ago. Most normies care way more about what other fans think nowadays. Stupid niche movies that no one cares to pay to see win a massive chunk of the awards annually. Look at the viewership of these award shows, they have been bleeding viewers for years now. There are even major thresholds being put in place for many awards to ensure DEI initiatives are met before they can even be submitted for voting. The fans don't think like this at all.

Here's the thing - critics are just people too. When critics overwhelmingly dislike a movie and they audinece likes it, then they are just out-of-touch film snobs. But what about when they like a movie and audiences do too? I'll use yoru example of Top Gun:

1686328030455.png

Woah? What's that about? How can critics like it as much as audinces do? This is the fallacy that sites liek Rotten Tomatoes actually cause. Critics ar enot a monolith - they don't all like the same things. Sometimes a movie will be reviewed well and nobody goes to see it. Sometimes it gets trashed and ausiences like it. Sometimes it's both.

The fact is though, classic and well regarded movies like E.T and The Color Purple are that way for a reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter