Indianapolis DIS Meet - 4th Annual - All Welcome

We are fast approaching the meet this Saturday. Please don't forget to post your food items you are bringing.

If there's anything we can do to make your trip or meet experience more comfortable please let me know.

See you soon.

Bumping up! See everyone this Saturday Sept 3rd. :)

I Just received A very generous donation from a co-worker who I introduced to Give Kids the World and the Indy Meet. Our fundraising efforts are off to a great start. :woohoo:

I've setup a First Giving page for anyone who wishes to make a contribution before, during, and after the Indy Meet. If you can't make this years meet please consider making a tax deductable contribution to Give Kids the World through this secure site.

Thank You! :)
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/IndyDisneyMeet/indydisneymeetfundraisingpage

Count me in! This is jiminy.cricket from the Chicagoland sububs. Sorry this is last minute! Party of one, and I will bring some cookies (that I hope are interesting and will keep on the ride down).

Any suggestions for must-try restaurants and/or attractions/sights in the area?

Also, suggestions for any types of dishes that will keep for 2 days without refrigeration? :)

We are looking forward to the meet this Saturday. :goodvibes
I know! Really looking forward to meeting everyone. It seems like there will be a lot of new faces at this years meet.

Count me in! This is jiminy.cricket from the Chicagoland sububs. Sorry this is last minute! Party of one, and I will bring some cookies (that I hope are interesting and will keep on the ride down).

Any suggestions for must-try restaurants and/or attractions/sights in the area?

Also, suggestions for any types of dishes that will keep for 2 days without refrigeration? :)
Great! Looking forward to meeting you. Cookies sound terrific.
As far as restaurants and attraction and such; I'd suggest Conner Prairie which is a living history musesum. http://www.connerprairie.org/ It's not too far from the meet. As for restaurants there's a place in downtown Fishers called the Nickel Plate Bar & Grill http://nickelplatebarandgrill.com/ Also, right nearby the Nickel Plate is a great Mexican restaurant called Riviera Maya.

As for dishes that don't require refrigeration I'd suggest some sort of snack mix like peanuts, candy corn, and M&Ms. That's a great fall type, salty and sweet snack everyone seems to enjoy.

If you have any other questions about the area please let me know.

See you at the meet. :)

Please add the Quigley family to the list if attendees: DD Shelby (15), DS Bret (17), and myself Carolyn (age is just a number). We'll be driving over that morning from Champaign, IL so will need to bring food that doesn't need to be heated. Hope everyone likes pasta salad. Will also bring brownies and a snack mix. This is our first DIS meet, and we are so excited to meet everyone!

Wish we could make the pitch-in on Saturday, but we're looking forward to meeting those of you going on the members cruise :)

Please add the Quigley family to the list if attendees: DD Shelby (15), DS Bret (17), and myself Carolyn (age is just a number). We'll be driving over that morning from Champaign, IL so will need to bring food that doesn't need to be heated. Hope everyone likes pasta salad. Will also bring brownies and a snack mix. This is our first DIS meet, and we are so excited to meet everyone!
Great! I'll add you to the list. The pasta salad sounds great, brownies even better! Thanks for coming from such a long distance. Let me know if there is anything you need to make your trip more comfortable.

Wish we could make the pitch-in on Saturday, but we're looking forward to meeting those of you going on the members cruise :)
Sorry we'll miss you Amy. We'll probably do this again next year. I hope you can make it. :)
Enjoy the Member Cruise. They are a lot of fun!

Hi Everyone -

Just a couple things to mention.

- I've updated the attendee list. Please spread the word about the meet. Our venue is large and can accommodate a number of people.
- Don't forget to Like our official Facebook page (Indy Disney Meet) for announcements and live photos from the meet this Saturday, plus other great information concerning Give Kids the World.
http://www.facebook.com/search.php?...arch_preload&search_first_focus=1313589411735
- Don't forget to bring a food item to share with the other meet attendees. There will be a limited number of electrical outlets for crock pots.
- Please feel free to bring a camera. There are occassions where having a camera is a good idea.
- If you wish to bid on auction items we can only accept cash and checks.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday. :)

Hi! :cool1:

I'm Brandy. I just found out about this on another forum. My friend Kelly and I are planning on attending.

So excited to make some new Disney friends! :cheer2:

Hi! :cool1:

I'm Brandy. I just found out about this on another forum. My friend Kelly and I are planning on attending.

So excited to make some new Disney friends! :cheer2:

Hi Brandy! :welcome: to the DISboards! Do you live in Indiana, too? (just wondering....it has nothing to do with the DISmeet...that's open to whoever wants to come). :goodvibes

Hi Brandy! :welcome: to the DISboards! Do you live in Indiana, too? (just wondering....it has nothing to do with the DISmeet...that's open to whoever wants to come). :goodvibes

Thanks for the welcome! :) Yes, I live in McCordsville... northeast side of Indy. Sounds like the meet will be quite close to me!

Thanks for the welcome! :) Yes, I live in McCordsville... northeast side of Indy. Sounds like the meet will be quite close to me!
Looking forward to meeting you Brandy. Welcome to the DIS!

I wish I was going to get to come. My husband has to work this weekend, though. I am going to miss, yet, another year. NEXT YEAR is my year!! I know it!

Bryan will be making his Mickey head Rice Krispie treats. I'll also make sure that we bring some chips and dip, and probably some fruit (at least that way I know my kids will eat something other than chips....;))

The kids are excited about going to another "Disney party!" Can't wait to see/meet everyone on Saturday! :cool1:

Hi
I replied to this thread way back on the first page and I am not listed as attending. I wanted to let you know I will be making a pineapple chicken dish like I did last year. It will be home made. Althought the chicken comes from Sam's club. LOL.

I will also bring my camera and take pictures like I did last year.

I do pin trading but I am so amateurish at it its not even funny. I will donate the new Star Tours pins I picked up at the re-opening of StarTours back in May. I just have five so you can do what you want with them.

It will just be me coming. I don't live that far from 4-H grounds and the hotel is less than two miles away from me. The good news is if you like McDonalds, they just opened up a 24-hour McDonalds near the hotel back in July.

Hi
I replied to this thread way back on the first page and I am not listed as attending. I wanted to let you know I will be making a pineapple chicken dish like I did last year. It will be home made. Althought the chicken comes from Sam's club. LOL.

I will also bring my camera and take pictures like I did last year.

I do pin trading but I am so amateurish at it its not even funny. I will donate the new Star Tours pins I picked up at the re-opening of StarTours back in May. I just have five so you can do what you want with them.

It will just be me coming. I don't live that far from 4-H grounds and the hotel is less than two miles away from me. The good news is if you like McDonalds, they just opened up a 24-hour McDonalds near the hotel back in July.
Hi Mike,
Sorry about that. You can kick me when you see me at the meet for not listing you. ;)

That chicken dish sounds delish! I'm not sure I tried it last year, but I'll be sure to look for it this year.

As for the pin trading I'm sure there will be others with small amounts of pins to trade. I know my Daughter Anna will be bringing her pins to trade.

Thanks for the Star Tours pins. I'm anxious to see them since they were bought when the attraction reopened.

Looking forward to seeing you Saturday. Thanks! :)

:thumbsup2

Hi Everyone,

I'll be at the meet venue around 8:00AM to start setting things up. We could always use additional help setting up if anyone wants to come out early. I promise not to overwork you. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter