• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Info from my Illuminations cruise-LONG, sorry

winniedapooh

<font color=magenta>Busy and proud Mom of 5 Disney
I felt funny writing in about this but a friend from here thought others may find it informative. I kind of feel dumb like buyer beware or something. Anyhow I tried for 12 days to book a cruise for DS 11th birthday on 1/3. When I called for the day back in Oct (?) at 6:59 AM they were already sold out, I was getting so disappointed as I had been trying for days. We were there from 12/25-1/5. CM says hold on a sec, wait a minute we have this one that is somewhat more expensive but just became available. She says it is a beautiful mahogony boat that only seats 7 and is in dry dock being refurbished. It would be done for that day and did I want it? I was so excited, I asked what it was and she said it was like those boats that go back and forth between resorts only much smaller. It only holds 7 people so if Grandma decides to come no go she says. I say yes and book totally psyched. I had the regular boat last year and have gotten in and out of the boat at the WL while staying there so anticipated no problem. Was I wrong. It was a speed boat! I got in just barely with DH help and getting out I couldn't lift my legs high enough and then left knee gave out on me and I fell and banged myself up against driver seat with metal bar going across it. I was laughing so hard to hide the horrified and painfilled tears. I finally got out after 3 tries and could barely walk from dock back to valet at YC. I had to stop and sit twice. I ended up with a huge palm sized bruise above my right knee and the kids the next day were laughing about the hidden mickey-I had two smaller silver dollar size ones above it that makes it look like a mickey head. I did not sleep at all that night as the bruise was so deep and red, blue, and purple anytime I moved my leg I yelped. The next day I could barely walk but began moving albeit slowly. It has been a week and it still looks horrific. I know this is long and I am sorry but I wanted you all to be aware in case anyone is offered this boat. It is near impossible for someone with limitations to get out of!

Thanks for pointing this out. I should call and ask about the "Breathless" and accessibility so that I can add the information to our Illuminations Cruise post on the theme parks board.

Sorry you were injured. I hope you are feeling 100% better very soon.

Katholyn

Thanks for this information!
I'm sure it will help someone else decide that particular boat is not for them.
Here's some healing pixie dust to help you get better soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter