Inspired by Kitty34....what is your favorite non-Disney amusement or theme park?

It used to be Opryland, but they closed it down and put up a mall or shopping center there.:mad: I haven't been able to find a 2nd to WDW yet.

My favorite non-wdw would be IOA, but since that is so close to disney as a national/year round park.
I would vote for Bush Gardens Williamsburg as the best non disney type theme park.

Busch Gardens in Williamsburg and Tampa
Sea World in Fl (I hated the one in San Diego)

For the people that like IOA and Universal.........if you went to Cedar Point(Sandusky,Oh) one time, you woul change your mind. Cedar Point is hands down the best(and cleanest) amusement park in the USA, and has the highest and most coasters of any park.
All of the ones listed we have been to, and nothing even comes close to CEDAR POINT. I am glad we are just 2 hours away from CP.:)

Hey Mickeyfan1,

Have you tried Sea World in San Antonio? It's the only one I've been to and we love it here. Just curious as to how it compares to the others.

My favorite theme parks would be Sea World San Antonio and Fiesta Texas. Only because they get me through my withdrawls for WDW.

Dollywood. I like that it has a theme and it is not just an amusement park.

Originally posted by ncligs
For the people that like IOA and Universal.........if you went to Cedar Point(Sandusky,Oh) one time, you woul change your mind. Cedar Point is hands down the best(and cleanest) amusement park in the USA.
All of the ones listed we have been to and nothing even comes close to CEDAR POINT. I am gld we are just 2 hours away from CP.:)

Oh I don't know. Many have told me that, but Universal and IOA just do it for me! They have the type of rides that fit me....ET, Jaws, Hulkamania, Terminator, and so many more! :p :rolleyes:

Universal, IOA and Busch Gardens, Williamsburg!

Originally posted by ncligs
For the people that like IOA and Universal.........if you went to Cedar Point(Sandusky,Oh) one time, you woul change your mind. Cedar Point is hands down the best(and cleanest) amusement park in the USA, and has the highest and most coasters of any park.

I beg to differ but IOA and USf are Theme parks, not amusement parks. And the coasters are far from the only reasons to visit, especially since US doesn't have any big coasters. IOA's coasters are only one tenth of what they have to offer, a BIG misconceptions to many Disney-ites...

Now as I step off my soap box... :p

I really don't like "amusement parks", for some reason their rides make me dizzy. So my choices are:

IOA
Universal Studios
SeaWorld

In that order!

Originally posted by Robinrs
I beg to differ but IOA and USf are Theme parks, not amusement parks. And the coasters are far from the only reasons to visit, especially since US doesn't have any big coasters. IOA's coasters are only one tenth of what they have to offer, a BIG misconceptions to many Disney-ites...

Robinrs,
Just curious if you have ever been to Cedar Point? I know Universal doesn't have any big coasters. I have been to IOA,Universal,Fiesta Texas,Kings Island,etc and all of them can't hold a candle to Cedar Point. ;)

If you like coasters Cedar Point is the best.

Panel1_CPlogo.gif

Cedar Point does have some excellant coasters as well as some lame ones and overall is a very good park for a perosn who loves coasters.
But if you want to use the term "Theme ParK" they cant compete at all. While the coasters are great, their is no "theme" at Cedar Point. Escpecially when compared to a park like IOA which has great theming and some great rides. Or even Busch Gardens Williamsburg which again has excellant theming and some excellant ridesbut neither park is pursuing the teenage crowd which Cedar Point is, which is fine but that demographic could care less about any type of "theme" or behavior of staff/guests or how clean a park is.
As for IOA its hard to believe that a launched B & M or a dueling inverted coaster, both which are unique to IOA wouldnt be considered "big coasters". Of polls of coaster enthusiats that i have seen both are rated very highly in the roller coaster community!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter