Inspired by Rhonda: Funny Story Time

Disney Campers

DIS Veteran
Okay Rhonda i like your funny story on the bat, here is one on our very first trip to Fort Wilderness, (which the whole trip was one big griswold moment , but started the Disney Campers) We had just got back from the Magic Kingdom to the site, sitting around the Picnic Table, I got up to head into the motorhome when an armadillo was coming the opposite way in my direction, I had not noticed it but was alerted by my sister, needless to say I literally FLEW in the air and on top of the picnic table, I was not happy but the whole family was laughing hysterically and to this day will not let me forget this moment.

Okay whos next, let's hear the funniest thing that happened to you at Fort Wilderness.. :D :D

Too funny!

Similar story--my sister--mid 40's, school librarian, rather prim--had gone out to the cooler after dark to bring in some drinks. This was our first time to actually camp at FW (the other times had been in the cabins and homes) and we had NOT taken the dog. She bent down over the cooler and saw a small brown nose and head pop out. Her first thought was that it was the dog, but I don't think her next thought (or language) can be posted here! We all looked out to see her hopping up and down on the picnic table!! That raccoon moved off just as fast as it could in the opposite direction--and he may still be moving!!

ok - we just got back and I had to post this!! It was raining and we were tired of staying in the popup so we decided to put on our lovely yellow ponchos and walk around. Well these ponchos were purchased on an earlier trip and how my daughters have grown! Well my oldest (almost 13) daughter decided this just wasn't a good thing - we would all look like ducks and she wasn't willing to do this. While the others were putting them on - she slipped into hers, went outside and started making an awful noise - we all looked out and there was our almost 13 year old, very shy child in this very small poncho, running around, flapping her arms and "quacking" like a duck! Isn't it funny what we will do on vacation!! :bounce: :p :crazy: :p :bounce:

This could have happened anywhere, but it happend at FW and was very funny.

My first trip to WDW was at FW with my best friend and her family when I was 13. We all brought our bikes. When we got there, I had her dad put air in my tire. I mentioned that I knew it was flat, but we had an air tank at home and were out of air. Her dad was pumping up my tire with a regular tire pump and my best friend said, "We've had this one for a long time and it hasn't run out of air yet." Her dad and I couldn't stop laughing long enough to tell her that wasn't going to happen. :p

We were in FW in 2000. My kids were 10, 8 and 6 at the time. My husbands sister had come up from Miami and we were all going to the Hoop Dee Doo that evening. As we were walking from our campsite in loop 700, my son (10) see 2 peacocks. He says, quite matter of factly, "Oh, look, they're mating". Jeana (8) looks over and says in a way that only a little girl could do, "They're not mating. They're just makin' out!". ;) We all started laughing and she just couldn't figure out what was so funny!:p

Colleen

While we were at FW a couple of years ago we had friends drive up from S. Florida for a few days. My friend and her husband we walking to the comfort station around midnight and all of a sudden an armadillo walks in front of them. The husband (who is one big guy), jumps onto to my friend's back and screams, "Oh ****, what is that? Is it aggressive"? We all laughed for about 2 hours. It was the funniest sight - this huge guy on top of his wife yelling about an armadillo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter