Interest Thread: ABC letter/elements Swap

:wave: Hi All!

I will be taking over the sign up and swapping out of this swap for Susan. She was so sweet to take over many groups in multiple swaps for me while I was getting ready for vacation, I am returning the favor.

I will be keeping the same two group types:

At sign up, there will be two different groups

Group 1 will be for black, red, yellow, white and matching Disney-ish papers.
You pick 2 open letters. So say you pick E and S. You will make 13 sets for the letter E and 13 sets for the letter S. The set includes one 4" letter and a matching mat, box and element. So you make 13 letter E, 13 mats, 13 boxes and 13 other element (maybe a file folder or tags, or slide mounts etc) Then you make 13 letter S, 13 matx, boxes, and 1 element. In return you will receive the letter A with its matching mat box and element that someone else made, the letter B with mat, box, element that someone else made etc....

Group 2 will be theme specific. You will need to pick 2 open letters and state your topic. Let's say you pick A for Ariel and T for Tomorrowland. (We will stick with nouns -- so words like Believe and Arrival are out) You will make 13 sets of each. So you will make a 4" A that is embellished for Ariel, and a matching mat,box, 1 element (could be a paper piecing, a quote, tags, etc) You will also make 13 sets of the letter T - -4" T embellished like Tomorrowland, matching mat, box and 1 element.

Explanation of the 4" letter -- yes, just set your cricut to 4". You will notice that some fonts won't give you a 4 inch letter, but don't worry - -it doesn't have to be all that precise.

If we have less then 13 players, we will pick 3 letters and I will do the extra set - Mickey Heads for general [but not a 4" head because that is really huge, I'll try to make it so it close to the other proportionally] and maybe the # Sign for theme specific?

Sign ups are still scheduled for Sept 9th, 8:30am. I will leave the due date open for now. Since these are no longer tied to the Holiday and Gift tag swaps, the dates don't have be close to them anymore.

The element selection will also be from the short stack. 2 squares instead of 4 squares, 1 tag instead of 2 tags, etc.

Is there anything I am missing?

Sounds great. Can't wait for this one. I'm actually at a job now where I can do my own signups. (No offense, I've really appreciated all my signup buddies and all their help!) Now, I better get crackin and finish the little I have left on the other two so I can join here guilt-free.

Thanks so much! THe trip combined with DH going back to work, so away 4 days, home 4 days, back to school and 3 kids in multiple sports was a bit too much. I really appreciate your help.

I am interested in joining this too...I know I've been gone for awhile, but this would be an easier swap for me to jump back in with and will help me get motivated with my scrapping too!

AWM you are in central time right, so that will be 6:30am for me in WA?

Thanks,
Lisa

So I'm getting excited to be back swapping....
I've been thinking allot about this Swap and my BF gave me a great place for scrapbooking.
I unpacked all my paper and my Cricuts and now all my cartridges are now with me. YEAH!!!
I'm really wanting the Letter "F" cause I haven't touched my Wild West Cartridge, and I have the perfect paper for the letter.

I hope this would be acceptable...

I make it a habit of not playing favorites. I have two boys. ;)

However, since you are jumping back into swapping, I will be happy to put your name next to the F. You will need to pick one more letter on sign up day. :)

I would love to do this swap but I am a newbie (to swapping not scrapbooking). I would have a lot of questions about what everything means but if not closed can I get in on this? Please let me know if I should be emailing someone or just posting this reply. I'm also new to DISboards and forums and threading etc..

This swap interests me alot. I need a sign up buddy for the 9th as I will be giving the ITBS and CoGat tests to 20 3rd graders!
S :)

:hug: Being a teacher is hard work. My MIL was Head of the English department for her high school. I can feel for you. Send me your wish list. :thumbsup2

Just wondering if a due date had been decided on for this? i may be being slow and missing it in the thread - really interested in this one but just want to make sure I'd have plenty of time.

Tomorrow after I get the little one on the bus. Around 8:30 am. I'll be posting a new thread for sign ups.

I thought today was the 9th duh... I was at a scrapbook store closeing sale today so I think it was the red bull and paper that fried my brain... ;-)

I work tomorrow and don't get off until 7pm central time. If this is a really popular spot, and I can't get to it until tomorrow night, can you save me a spot somewhere? I don't mind which letter(s) I get. If you're doing one of each type (Disney specific and non-specific) can you save me a spot for each?

If it's not filled by tomorrow night, I'll go ahead and sign up for spots then. I just didn't want to miss out.

Thanks!

I work tomorrow and don't get off until 7pm central time. If this is a really popular spot, and I can't get to it until tomorrow night, can you save me a spot somewhere? I don't mind which letter(s) I get. If you're doing one of each type (Disney specific and non-specific) can you save me a spot for each?

If it's not filled by tomorrow night, I'll go ahead and sign up for spots then. I just didn't want to miss out.

Thanks!

Course I will. :hug:

Hopefully the letters I pick for you won't be too difficult to work with.

Just found out I'm on call today, so I'll be around this morning after all! Thanks for taking such good care of us! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter