INTEREST Thread - Disney Parks/Lands Page Swap

put shower caps on before you put them on!!!!
No, it was a one time deal.. now we are off to find hidden mickeys!!!! The game is on.. the kids have been researching... they are all taking books w/ their notes! LOL

Umbrella.. heck that is for all the countries when my gang arrives! LOL
Italy especially...the monsoon hits as soon as the first foot lands in that pavilion!!!!

Let's see... what do I want... I have no idea.... I need this hostess to give me the groupings so I can start my thoughts.....

I don't mind having smaller photos on the pages as well as 4x6.... just as long as I have a sketch..
I really love the ones you had from sketchsupport and sketchsavy!!!!

I'm totally adding the text swap we did last year when we were drenched at AK, and you decided to go to Epcot! It was alllllllll your fault!!!! :rotfl2:

Hmmmmm........thinking......... Are most layouts one or two pages?

most were 1 page layouts the last time.

put shower caps on before you put them on!!!!
No, it was a one time deal.. now we are off to find hidden mickeys!!!! The game is on.. the kids have been researching... they are all taking books w/ their notes! LOL

hidden mickey's on the upcoming trip?? Pssst, I have a great one but you have to ride Big Thunder to see it.

Hi,

I'm new to swaps but I'd love to see if I can join in this one? I was reading the thread explaining how last years swap worked and thought this could be a great outlet for my late night habit of crafting.

I see I can sign up for two groups since I'm new. Can someone explain a little more to me how many pages I'll make/receive and how to let you know which theme I'll make? I hope to join you! My last scrap project was 50 sewing kits via Cricut for my DSILs Disney wedding in July. A labor of love, but so worth it.

Jen

IMG_0644.jpg

Here's a sample from one of the five designs, a little worn from the ride home.

Jen,

First, :welcome: to our cozy corner....

Second, the hostess, AlexWyattMommy (AWM) will put out a more detailed list shortly, this is just a rough draft to get all the ideas in requests in and feedback....
So, the groups sizing will depend on how she lays things outs...
I would say probably 4-5 per group (this is guessing.....)...so you would make that number of your theme and then you will receive that number back in that group....
So, one group, the Epcot Countries will be 11 pages... So, each of us will pick our country and make 11 pages... send them in...and we will get 11 pages back (all the countries!)...

So, keep an eye out for a more detailed list and note when sign ups will be opening.. have your first three choices for each group you want because you need to be up and ready w/ everything you want because they will go quick!!! :) I type mine requests in word and then cut and paste... (I cut it 5 minutes prior to opening and as soon as she says OPEN, I paste it into the thread!)

Nan is right. Most groups would be 4 to 5 except the World Showcase group.

We love new blood. Your sewing kits are very nice.

With the World Showcase being so big, I would have any new persons that wanted that group limit themselves to that group.

I will work on finding sketches tomorrow. But the basics would be - pick a group and theme/land, then pick a sketch. Using the same sketch more than once in a group is fine. They never look too much alike to be used.

These are not the real group numbers, just a rough draft.

Group A - Magic Kingdom [no Toontown since I don't know what they are doing over there yet]
1- Fantasyland
2- Frontierland
3- Tomorrowland
4- Adventureland
5- Main Street

Group B - Four parks One World
1 - Magic Kingdom
2 - Animal Kingdom
3 - Epcot
4 - Disney Hollywood Studios

Group C - Minor Parks
1- DownTown Disney
2- Blizzard Beach
3- Typhoon Lagoon
4- Boardwalk

Group D - Disney Colors
1-
2-
3-
4-

and so on

Yes. You can change your mind about the sketches. Because we can have more than one of the same sketch in the same group, it doesn't have to be set in stone. :thumbsup2

ok, Annie.....
I know of 2 groups already...
Are you going to do each park's lands???? cause this may result in me needing more...

If you want and you see it's getting to be big.. you can leave out the lands of DHS and I can put them in the DHS swap (but you do the leg work for me? LOL)... just a thought...

This board is seriously putting me behind in my scrapbooking! I told myself no more swaps this year but this one really interests me. I prefer sketches now that I have worked with them and not opposed to smaller pictures. At a minimum I would sign up for the World Showcase group and can handle 11 pages.

Hanne

ok, Annie.....
I know of 2 groups already...
Are you going to do each park's lands???? cause this may result in me needing more...

If you want and you see it's getting to be big.. you can leave out the lands of DHS and I can put them in the DHS swap (but you do the leg work for me? LOL)... just a thought...

I was for Epcot, AK and MK, but I'm not sure about DHS. I will give it a group, but I honestly have no idea how to embellish some of them. :confused3

Okay--I really, really want to play in this one :lovestruc It was one of my favorites last year! The pull is strong ;)

I need to get everything else finished up in the next couple of weeks so all I have is character letters and this swap.

I think I will get my toes wet with swapping again by joining a group or two in this one - if no one minds. Love, love, love having pages put together ready for pictures. I also use many smaller pics than 4X6 on a page....so that was another persuader. And since we will have sketches to choose from, easy peezy. Looking forward to this!

I think I will get my toes wet with swapping again by joining a group or two in this one - if no one minds. Love, love, love having pages put together ready for pictures. I also use many smaller pics than 4X6 on a page....so that was another persuader. And since we will have sketches to choose from, easy peezy. Looking forward to this!

yay your coming out to play!

I'm okay with smaller photos mats too!

I really wanted to stay swap-free through the end of the year, but this was so much fun last year that I just can't resist. I'm limiting myself to 3 groups - one will be Epcot countries, and two others max.
I only have two more pages to do for my son's Eagle scout book, and then I'm project-free so I figured one small swap won't hurt anything. Besides - it will make my life easier by already having pages done to put pictures from my November trip onto. See....completely justifiable (or is that certifiable?)

I'm looking forward to this swap! I have a few questions as I've never done one before. So if I choose two groups, I'll make all the pages for that group and get the others back? Or I make enough for those groups and choose which ones I want? Can you tell I'm a planner? I don't want to mess up your groove. :goodvibes

Also, would it be ok to use things like maps from the parks? Say for borders or letters? I was thinking I'd like to work on the lands for Epcot or MK.

Say you sign up for the Four Parks, One World group and you pick Epcot.
You make 4 Epcot pages that look the same. You will then get back 1 of your Epcot pages along with a DHS, MK and AK page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter