Internet at DVC resorts

kydisneyfans

<font color=blue>It may be because they are too em
Just took on a new job with very few vacation days.
It looks like to take the Disney vacation that I will be staying in the room and working a couple of them.

Do DVC rooms have connections for hardwire internet or is everything wireless? I have the old style monitor/tower that would come along.

Do DVC rooms have connections for hardwire internet or is everything wireless? I have the old style monitor/tower that would come along.

I'm sure you already know this, but just in case, I thought I'd add you could pick up a USB wifi dongle pretty inexpensively. If that's your work machine you may need to contact your IS department to ensure it's OK, to install drivers etc.

DH teaches online classes and he usually brings his laptop to work on our trips. We live 3 hours away and tend to do 2-3 day trips. We haven't had any issues UNTIL our last stay in March at AKL. We had spotty access at best and he had to call and cancel his class (fortunately it was only one that trip). We were at Kidani and our room was at the farthest end from the lobby. It was so bad we could only check email sporadically. We discussed the issue with the manager after speaking with tech support (they weren't helpful). It was more to find out what we could do in the future rather than a complaint. Don't recall the exact details but bottom line is request a room near one of the access points or near the lobby. And as a prior poster mentioned all the hard wired connections have been discontinued, it's only wifi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter