Internet info that might be useful to some

platypus67

Mouseketeer
Thought I would share some info regarding internet connection for the US. I will be using a company called Budget Dial Up for some of my internet requirements while in US/Canada. Basically it is a dial up provider that can be used anywhere that you can plug into a phone line. I use it mainly at my mum's place as she doesn't have internet. I've also used it a a few hotels while travelling when wireless wasn't available. I discovered it last year as I had previously used global roaming via Telstra and we had changed telcos so it wasn't an option. I spent $5.95 at first which gave me 10 hours. I later purchased another 20 hours for $9.95. There are no contracts and you have 12 months to use your allowance. I've just logged into my account and still have over 10 hours left so I did a quick check to make sure all was working with my new laptop. You get a list of local numbers to access the service. I had to try two this morning, but it connected no problem. I had to purchase a USB modem as I didn't have a built in modem and this cost me around CAD$20.00 last year. Drawbacks, I guess the obvious it's dial up. I don't remember using dial up at WDW in 2007, but I've had a look and it seems there is a data port that allows you to use a dial up connection. I did however use it up the east coast and then again in PA last year at the hotel as wireless was only available in the lobby. Anyway it works for me to check emails etc. It is slower than I'm used to but for what I need it for I can cope.
Anyway if interested the address is www.budgetdialup.com :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter