Intros

Raine88

Earning My Ears
I'm not seeing an 'introductions' thread on here so I thought i'd go ahead and start one. If there is one somewhere, sorry! Feel free to delete this one! lol.

Anywho, I'm Lorraine, but most people call me Raine or Rainey. I am 21 years old, originally from south eastern Michigan. I met my hubby, Matt when we were 14. We were in the same AFJROTC unit freshmen year, and I got seated behind him. We dated on and off all through high school, finally getting back together for good senior year, in October of 2005. He swore into the Air Force DEP program in Februaury of 2006. He went to basic that August and graduated in October. He went to Tech in California. He got to come home for Christmas Exodus and that's when we got married - December 30th, 2006. We were both 18. He finished up Tech in March of 2007. He came home to MI, we packed up a moving truck with the few things we had, and drove out to Tucson, AZ..which is still where we live. We're hoping to be able to move soon...have our fingers crossed for MacDill AFB, FL.

We live on base, at Davis-Monthan. We don't have any kids, or plans for them anytime soon. We feel like there is a lot we still want to do just the two of us. We have a dog, Delilah. She's a three year old Beagle that we've had since she was 2 months old. She's the sweetest little dog in the whole world!

I'm in college now working on getting my Associates, though I haven't quite decided what I want to do. Right now, Matt is on his first deployment, and has been in Iraq since mid-December. He is supposed to be home sometime in June! :woohoo:

Well, I think that's about enough on me! I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you now!

I think an intro thread is great idea! As long as we are all OPSEC safe! (those classes scared me :lmao: )

I am Elizabeth, and I am from Maine! My hubby is in the guard, but has been activated for his first tour this year. I am finishing up my masters in hospitality management while he is gone. We don't have any kids, but we do have our fur baby, Bruce.

We got married in January at Shades of Green just a week before my 22nd birthday. We are planning a trip either just to WDW, or for a DCL cruise adventure when he gets home.

Hi! My name is Kim and I am originally from KY. My active duty AF husband, John, and I have been married 14 years. He is currently in Iraq until September (May God Truly Bless the Inventor of SKYPE). We have two kids, DS (12) and DD (6). My DH was actually in the Army when we got married. My DH PCSed to Germany while we were engaged and then I moved over after we got married. That was my only Army stint and then my DH transferred over to the AF. The AF has been kind enough to send us to some pretty great places. We have been stationed at Elmendorf AFB, AK; Hanscom AFB, MA; NPS, Monterey, CA; and now we are stationed at Maxwell/Gunter AFB, AL.

I have a degree in Government/Sociology with a minor in Criminology which I use to analyze my children and dole out punishment as needed. LOL I am a SAHM.

We are currently planning a post-deployment family vacation to Hawaii in Dec. which I am really looking forward.

We have 6 yrs left until retirement and expect to be here in AL for another 3 years.

Nice to meet everyone,
Kim

This thread was a great idea! I'm Stephanie, and my husband and I are both originally from CT. He's an Officer in the Marine Corps and currently on his second deployment to Afghanistan. I'm hoping to have him back sometime late fall, so this summer needs to pass quickly :)

We've been stationed at Pendleton since March 2007, so we've been out here a long time. We were up for orders this Feb, but my husband chose to deploy and we're still waiting to hear where we're going next. The word is that we're actually staying here, but I won't believe that till we have written orders.

He's a Citadel alum, and I graduated from ASU with my Marketing degree. I was having a tough time finding a marketing job out here, and started my own photography company. It's been keeping me super busy since he's been gone!

I'm Katie, 32 currently living in Baumholder, Germany courtesy of The Army. My husband Dwayne, 37 has 19 years in as of 21 June 2010. We met while he was stationed in Ft. Drum, NY and I lived on LI, NY.

Since we have been together he has been on 3 deployments and is gearing up for a 4th (all 12-15 mos). While we were engaged he was in S. Korea for a year. We are due to PCS in March 2011 but due to the deployment a stop movement will be put into place. I have decided to return to our home and start my career as he plans to retire after this deployment. I am working on my Bachelor's in Hospitality Management. I currently work for Army Lodging here in Germany. We hope one day to retire near a beach!

I have a 13 year old stepdaughter who resides in Alaska with her Mom. Her Mom is in The Air Force and just got orders to Lackland so when they PCS they will be about 3 hrs from our home in Fort Hood.

My husband and I were married at Disney in 2006. We also are DVC members. We have utilized our membership all over Europe including 3 hotels at Disneyland Paris and a spa in Austria. Our next adventure is in June where we will travel to Barcelona for the repositioning cruise aboard The Magic to Dover, UK. My stepdaughter is flying out to join us.

Oh and we have a 92lb lab/akita mix named Minnie :)

This thread is a great idea!

I'm Tawney. I've been married to my dh for almost 14 years. We met when we were 19 and 20 and were engaged within 8 weeks and married soon after. We have two kids, ds is 12 and dd is 8.

We just pcs'd back to the states from a 3 year tour in Italy. It was a great assignment, we were able to travel all over Europe. We've also lived at Luke AFB, Az. We've lived at this same base in Texas once before. He's done two tours to Korea and spent some time in Iraq as well.

We are just under 5 years until retirement!

Dh used his GI bill completely up and has a bachelors, masters and is two years away from his doctorate.

I'm currently halfway through a teaching degree.

We were able to go to Disneyland Paris while in Italy. We just made ressies for a surprise trip to Disney in August. My kids have been begging to go but we keep telling them we can't go because we are taking a huge family vacation to Hawaii next May. They are going to be so surprised!

My dad was in the military since before I was born. When I got married I just changed sponsors :) I don't know a life other than this.

I'm Sam... Dh and I have been married 14yrs this Sept. We met in college - he was ROTC. He is in the Navy with 15yrs this month. And I can't wait til he hits 20.

We have 3 kids DD11, DD9, and DS7. Living in WA state - originally from New England. DH is currently in Iraq on an IA, working with the Army right now (he is a JAG) - but he will be home within the next 2 months. We went to Disney for 9 days on his 2 week R&R - that was an awesome trip.

I work at a local community college evaluating transcripts ( I also am a freelance textbook editor) and just started researching going back for a Masters in organizational leadership/development. Dh has the 911 GI bill - and is encouraging me to use it. He did the legal education program through the Navy and they paid for him to go to law school... not a bad gig at all.

Oh - we also have 3 dogs and 2 cats. One of the cats and one of the dogs we adopted very early on in our marriage and they have moved with us every time - our motto is "No one is left behind"! LOL

Hello all. My name is Lori my DH is a pilot in the Air Force Reserve, he has been active for the past 5 years. We met in college 12 years ago, I was only 18 he was 23. We were married March 10, 2007. Our base is Lackland here in San Antonio. While he is off seeing the world, and in my 7th year a real estate agent for Coldwell Banker. I work mainly with military families. Currently we do not have kids, unless you count a German Shepherd and a Nandy Conure Parrot. I enjoy Disney of course, fitness (love Zumba), and gardening. Nice to meet you all.

Lori:goodvibes

Hope it's okay for a mom to join in.

Can you tell from my avatar my son's assignment? :sail: He's stationed in Groton, CT where they work him hard so I don't see him making a career of the navy. My FIL was career army and my husband thought he was going to be career army but got out after 3 years.

God bless all of you military families.

Hope it's okay for a mom to join in.

Can you tell from my avatar my son's assignment? :sail: He's stationed in Groton, CT where they work him hard so I don't see him making a career of the navy. My FIL was career army and my husband thought he was going to be career army but got out after 3 years.

God bless all of you military families.

Was just wondering if OK for a mom to join here too! My son just left for basic training on Monday. I am a "brand-newbie" to everything related to the military. He is in Great Lakes, IL. It's been a tough week missing my momma's boy! I know there is a website for navy moms and I'm thinking of taking a better look into that too. I have so many questions and so much to learn.

Thank you to all the military families, and God bless you!

-mary

Hi, I was also wondering about mom's posting. God love all of the wives and children of our military, especially those deployed!!!
My son is active military serving in the Army, 3rd infantry division. He is due for his 3rd deployment in July.
My daughter(in law and luv) is a wonderful young lady and mother of my 2 grandchildren. GD is 5 gong on 20 !! and GS is 7 w/developmental delays. They are stationed at Ft. Stewart, GA. I live in the Atlanta area(6 hour drive)
Again, my thanks and admiration for all those left behind to worry!!!!

Hi I am Rebecca. My DH and I have been married 8 years in July. We have fortunately or unfortunately been stationed at Ft Bliss for 8 years and do not see us moving anytime soon. We have 2 DSs. My DH is currently deployed and still has 6 years till retirement:banana: This is our 4th deployment but the longest one yet. We met in VA where I am from and he is from NY but both want to live in FL. Get this! He had never been to DW til we got married. And I grew up in DW! I think I have converted him!:dance3:

We also have 3 dogs, Jack Russell, Golden Retriever and a mutt who is a mix between a daschund and terrier, strange but cute.

Hi! I'm Amanda, proud Army Wife of Marc (Active Duty going on 16 years) and SAHM to 3 little girls. We met when DH was stationed at Fort Hood and I lived in San Antonio. We went from TX to Germany and Germany to Fort Drum NY (Frozen Chosen as DH calls us). Were currently prepairing for our 4th deployment since getting married 10 years ago. DH Has been to WDW once when he was younger and I was born in California with DL under my belt only 2x when I was younger. Were infusing our children with both a love of Country and Disney!

I'm loving this thread :goodvibes

My name is Jen and I have been married to Dh going on 15 yrs this coming Sept. He is an Officer in the Navy currently at 16 1/2 yrs. We are getting ready to move to his next assignment this Aug which will probably be his last before retirement ;)

I grew up in OH and figured I'd probably spend my whole life there, but then I met DH. He was working in a local recruiting office for a couple months waiting for a school to start. We met in Oct. spent every moment we could together till he left for VA Beach right after New Years. He came back to OH for a visit in March I went to see him in VA twice and on the second visit in June he proposed:lovestruc We got married in Sept right after his school finished. Our first assigment was out here in WA for two yrs, then we moved to DC for 3 1/2 yrs, then down to Jacksonville FL for 2 yrs, then back out here to WA for the last 6 yrs. We are headed back to the DC area in Aug. We are looking forward toheading back east for awhlie, I am just not looking forward to the actual move. We got spoiled getting to stay in the same place for so long:rolleyes1 We don't have children so that does make moving easier.

It's great meeting you all. It's really nice to talk with people who know what you're going through.

Hi, I'm Amy, married to my soldier for 19 yrs. We have 2 dds, 25 and 8 (the older dd is from my first marriage). I am originally from PA, he is from Texas. Our first Disney trip was last october when he returned from Iraq...Disney was running a fantastic deal, and DHs dad was able to get us an offsite condo for next to nothing so we had all six of us on the trip. It was fantastic:thumbsup2

We are planning a trip again in 2011 for our little one's 9th birthday, and thankfully, she has consented that I don't have to kill myself to get breakfast with Cindy, she would rather Mary Poppins:woohoo:

Retirement? What's that? DH is going to be in until they force him out, and as a Warrant officer, that isn't going to be until he is in his 60's...

Hi everyone!

I'm Steph and I'm 32 with two little ones...DD 4 and DS almost 2. My husband is an Army Engineer officer and we are currently stationed in Washington DC, but are moving in a few weeks to West Point, NY. I was an Army Officer for 7 years and got out 3 years ago...my husband and I met when we were both stationed in Germany.

We are lucky right now b/c DH is finishing grad school and then going to be teaching for 2 years, so no threat of deployment right now. He has done 2 Iraq deployments, but the first one we were together over in Baghdad, so it wasn't as bad.

We are planning our kids first trip to wdw in March and are seriously considering joining the DVC. I can't wait to go back and make our trips an annual event!

Hi I am Rebecca. My DH and I have been married 8 years in July. We have fortunately or unfortunately been stationed at Ft Bliss for 8 years and do not see us moving anytime soon. We have 2 DSs. My DH is currently deployed and still has 6 years till retirement:banana: This is our 4th deployment but the longest one yet. We met in VA where I am from and he is from NY but both want to live in FL. Get this! He had never been to DW til we got married. And I grew up in DW! I think I have converted him!:dance3:

We also have 3 dogs, Jack Russell, Golden Retriever and a mutt who is a mix between a daschund and terrier, strange but cute.

Fort Bliss!!! :scared1: We were there for 1 year and I was glad when the call came from branch asking DH if he wanted to PCS. There were many things that I liked about Fort Bliss/ El Paso but there was way too much desert and the traffic was horrible. We also lived on post right by the hospital ( could see it from my front yard) and that part of town was just kind of scary. I also did not like the fact my dd could not go to school on post and the school she was assigned to off post was surrounded by barbed wire so needless to say I drove her all the way to the upper valley everyday to private school which was a bummer.
We live in KY now and love it!!!! My husband has been in for 14 years and is currently a battalion S3(whatever that is) who is TDY all the time or always working long days which is no biggie we are used to his absence. I will be thrilled when he hit s20 and e retires which he better or I will divorce him :rolleyes1. It is not that I do not like the Army life style it is just that I am sick of moving and ready to just settle somewhere.

Hi everyone!

I'm Steph and I'm 32 with two little ones...DD 4 and DS almost 2. My husband is an Army Engineer officer and we are currently stationed in Washington DC, but are moving in a few weeks to West Point, NY. I was an Army Officer for 7 years and got out 3 years ago...my husband and I met when we were both stationed in Germany.

We are lucky right now b/c DH is finishing grad school and then going to be teaching for 2 years, so no threat of deployment right now. He has done 2 Iraq deployments, but the first one we were together over in Baghdad, so it wasn't as bad.

We are planning our kids first trip to wdw in March and are seriously considering joining the DVC. I can't wait to go back and make our trips an annual event!

We loved West Point! DH was there for 3 years teaching and has considered going back at some point. We would take the train an hour down to the city and see a show or have dinner. The airport in Newburgh was nice too.

We just PCSed from APG to Benning. He has 5 years until retirement and we are counting the days! Benning is ok but we wanted to stay in MD so DD16 could finish high school. Branch was less than helpful and sent us here.

We're also DVC owners - take the plunge! Our only regret was that we didn't buy in sooner. :)

We loved West Point! DH was there for 3 years teaching and has considered going back at some point. We would take the train an hour down to the city and see a show or have dinner. The airport in Newburgh was nice too.

We just PCSed from APG to Benning. He has 5 years until retirement and we are counting the days! Benning is ok but we wanted to stay in MD so DD16 could finish high school. Branch was less than helpful and sent us here.

We're also DVC owners - take the plunge! Our only regret was that we didn't buy in sooner. :)

Will you get to stay at Benning until his retirement? I love Benning and would love to go back and live on Rainbow Ave. The good thing is you are close to WDW!

Will you get to stay at Benning until his retirement? I love Benning and would love to go back and live on Rainbow Ave. The good thing is you are close to WDW!

No we are just here for 2 years then will move at least once more. We want to retire in Orlando so hoping and praying that our last assignment is there so we can just stay! As we all know though, the Army rarely takes your plans or wants into consideration so who knows where we will end up. If not FL then hoping back up to MD since we already own a home there.

We almost moved on post here - the new housing looks very nice - but there is a pretty high crime rate on post so we decided against it and rented a house way out in Midland. DH has a 35 minute drive each way to post but that is actually shorter than his commute in MD.

How long did it take you to drive to WDW? We head that way next month! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter