Intros

No we are just here for 2 years then will move at least once more. We want to retire in Orlando so hoping and praying that our last assignment is there so we can just stay! As we all know though, the Army rarely takes your plans or wants into consideration so who knows where we will end up. If not FL then hoping back up to MD since we already own a home there.

We almost moved on post here - the new housing looks very nice - but there is a pretty high crime rate on post so we decided against it and rented a house way out in Midland. DH has a 35 minute drive each way to post but that is actually shorter than his commute in MD.

How long did it take you to drive to WDW? We head that way next month! :banana:

It took us about 7 hours but we were traveling at the time with a 2 year old. Yes an assignment in Fl would be awesome.:banana: I always tell my husband he should do joint time at the air force base in Tampa!!! :laughing:

It took us about 7 hours but we were traveling at the time with a 2 year old. Yes an assignment in Fl would be awesome.:banana: I always tell my husband he should do joint time at the air force base in Tampa!!! :laughing:

There are actually Army jobs for DH's branch at MacDill in Tampa and we tried for those too. Benning was about our 110th choice out of 276 possible jobs that branch told DH to put in order of preference.

We have a 3 year old so we will be stopping a good bit too. We are going to leave early in the AM to shoot for being there around lunch time.

:)

I'm 25, and my husband is 28 and are newlyweds (May).

I met DH on a blind date 3 years ago and I knew from the start he was the one for me.:love: We're going to start trying for a baby soon so that he'll be here when the baby is born and for a little while after. It's going to be hard for me to get used to deployments, but I have a good support group to help me through. Will loves serving in the Marines. Before we were engaged, he was in Afghanistan for 6 months. Hmmm what else? That's it I guess lol. It's nice to "meet" you all.

There are actually Army jobs for DH's branch at MacDill in Tampa and we tried for those too. Benning was about our 110th choice out of 276 possible jobs that branch told DH to put in order of preference.

We have a 3 year old so we will be stopping a good bit too. We are going to leave early in the AM to shoot for being there around lunch time.

:)

Talk about way down on the list :rotfl: Sometimes branch works miracles but not often. We are hoping and praying for a branch miracle this go around. We have to PCS in a year and because we are at a BRAC post and could not leave for a bit they are trying to give first choice. *cough hahahaha* I'm just hoping we get one of the 3 choices they let us put down.

Ft. Benning was our first duty station, my girls were born there. Crime has always been a problem but I heard it has gotten a lot more scary in the last year or so, even on post. We moved away in '04.

I'm Jackie, we have 3 kids and are currently stationed in GA at Fort Mcpherson. My husband is active duty army. We live off post because there is so little housing and frankly near the base is :scared1: so we live about 30 miles away. We are hoping to live on post again next time because the commute is so stressful for my husband. (atlanta traffic, 'nuff said) I'm not sure when we will get our next set of orders but I know we are not going to PCS until Aug. or Sept. '11.

I :cloud9: MacDill. We stop over there every time we visit my MIL. There is no slot for my dh's MOS though.

Talk about way down on the list :rotfl: Sometimes branch works miracles but not often. We are hoping and praying for a branch miracle this go around. We have to PCS in a year and because we are at a BRAC post and could not leave for a bit they are trying to give first choice. *cough hahahaha* I'm just hoping we get one of the 3 choices they let us put down.

Ft. Benning was our first duty station, my girls were born there. Crime has always been a problem but I heard it has gotten a lot more scary in the last year or so, even on post. We moved away in '04.

I'm Jackie, we have 3 kids and are currently stationed in GA at Fort Mcpherson. My husband is active duty army. We live off post because there is so little housing and frankly near the base is :scared1: so we live about 30 miles away. We are hoping to live on post again next time because the commute is so stressful for my husband. (atlanta traffic, 'nuff said) I'm not sure when we will get our next set of orders but I know we are not going to PCS until Aug. or Sept. '11.

I :cloud9: MacDill. We stop over there every time we visit my MIL. There is no slot for my dh's MOS though.

Nice to meet ya, Jackie. :wave: I'm Kelley.

Benning is nice enough and definitely better than some of the other options they gave us (Leonardwood, Irwin, Bliss, Huachucha). DH was here years ago for Airborne school and I was here to send my college sweetheart off to Ranger School back in 1991. It's changed quite a bit since then.

Good luck with branch! We've learned to take what they tell us with a grain of salt then plan for the opposite. :rolleyes:

Nice to meet ya, Jackie. :wave: I'm Kelley.

Benning is nice enough and definitely better than some of the other options they gave us (Leonardwood, Irwin, Bliss, Huachucha). DH was here years ago for Airborne school and I was here to send my college sweetheart off to Ranger School back in 1991. It's changed quite a bit since then.

Good luck with branch! We've learned to take what they tell us with a grain of salt then plan for the opposite. :rolleyes:

:cool1: Nice to meet you too. Thanks for the good luck wishes. Compared to the other choices they gave you Benning sounds like a dream :rotfl:. It really wasn't that bad as long as you are smart and aware there are a few issues kwim? We drove down there when we first moved here just to see our old house. It's empty and pathetic looking. I like the new PX but I have never liked the commissary.

Hope it's OK for an Active Duty person to post here. :)

My name is Amy and I've been in the Air Force for almost 19 years (I hit 19 in Oct.) My current duty station is Patrick AFB, FL and I'm PCSing to MacDill AFB, FL in October. I'm pretty much the most-hated person in the AF just for that. :D

At the moment, I'm deployed to Djibouti, Africa. Thankfully, I'm leaving in a couple of weeks. I've been here for 6 months - PLENTY long enough!!!

My DD has 'grown up' at WDW. This year will be the first that we don't take her to MNSSHP for her birthday, due to a wedding we must attend in TX. She's well travelled, though, and I look forward to showing her and DH around San Antonio and Austin for a few days.

DH and I have been married for 2 years on Aug 30th. This is his first deployment - not mine - and he's been FANTASTIC! I'm at the tail end of this thing, and I've only not gotten mail at mail call 3 or 4 times - and mail call is 2x a week!!! :lovestruc

Here's a list of all the places I've been. Feel free to shoot me any questions about them:

Goodfellow AFB, TX
Osan AB, KOR (2x)
Ramstein AB, Germany
Shaw AFB, SC
Patrick AFB, FL

Deployments:
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
RAF Molesworth (2x)
Sarajevo, Bosnia
Al Udeid AB, Doha, Qatar
MacDill AFB, FL - yes, I actually 'deployed' to MacDill, and from Patrick no less (3hrs away!!)
Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti, Africa

As you can see by my sig below, I'll be running my first-ever 1/2 marathon at WDW. Last year, I ran my first two Disney races: Race for the Taste 10K and Tower of Terror 13K. And believe it or not, I hate running!! :laughing: I just like the cool medals and the sense of accomplishment. This year, DD will run in the kids races and she's VERY excited. :)

Well, that's enough about me! Welcome to all the others. :D

:cool1: Nice to meet you too. Thanks for the good luck wishes. Compared to the other choices they gave you Benning sounds like a dream :rotfl:. It really wasn't that bad as long as you are smart and aware there are a few issues kwim? We drove down there when we first moved here just to see our old house. It's empty and pathetic looking. I like the new PX but I have never liked the commissary.

Yep, I know exactly what you mean. :thumbsup2

The PX here is nice - reminds me of the one at Ft Meade. The Commissary is bigger than APG but not as well laid out. I usually grocery shop on the weekends but it is WAY too crowded to do that here.

Hope it's OK for an Active Duty person to post here. :)

My name is Amy and I've been in the Air Force for almost 19 years (I hit 19 in Oct.) My current duty station is Patrick AFB, FL and I'm PCSing to MacDill AFB, FL in October. I'm pretty much the most-hated person in the AF just for that. :D

Hi, Amy! :wave: Thanks for serving! Are you hitting your 20 and then out or are you staying in?

We used to live in Charleston, SC and the fighter jets from Shaw would fly down quite often. Pair that with the constant touch and goes with the C-17s at CAFB and we had lots of the "sounds of freedom" right over our house at all hours of the night. :yay:

Have fun at MacDill - I'm jealous!

Hi, Amy! :wave: Thanks for serving! Are you hitting your 20 and then out or are you staying in?

We used to live in Charleston, SC and the fighter jets from Shaw would fly down quite often. Pair that with the constant touch and goes with the C-17s at CAFB and we had lots of the "sounds of freedom" right over our house at all hours of the night. :yay:

Have fun at MacDill - I'm jealous!

I will probably stay in until 21 or 22. The thing that will push me out the fastest is if I seem hot for another deployment. I'm quite done with this being-away-from-my-DD. And so is she. :)

Hi, my name is Rita and my husband and I have been married for 12 years and he has been in the army for 12 years. We have 5 kids ( six if you count the young man who lived with us for 3 years while his parents where at Fort Bliss, He did not like it there so he moved in with us). We have a 19ds, 13dd, 12dd, 10dd, and 2ds. I am a SHAM. We have only been to Disneyland twice. Hope we can make it to Disney World!!! My husband went to Korea out of AIT, Then we moved to Fort Huachuca for 10 years. Loved it there had lots of friends and a brand new house on post. Loved the schools on Post!! He did 3 tours to Iraq while we were there. Then in Jan we moved to Fort Gordon, can't say I like it here. We hope to move next summer!! It is nice to be closer to family from Ohio. It does not seem safe on post here like it was at Fort Huachuca!! My husband"s goal is to stay in the army until our 2 year old is off to college. I am the FRG leader with another girl, but we really have not got it off the ground, his unit has never had an FRG before so that has been really hard. Hope we can get something going before we move.

Hi, my name is Rita and my husband and I have been married for 12 years and he has been in the army for 12 years. We have 5 kids ( six if you count the young man who lived with us for 3 years while his parents where at Fort Bliss, He did not like it there so he moved in with us). We have a 19ds, 13dd, 12dd, 10dd, and 2ds. I am a SHAM. We have only been to Disneyland twice. Hope we can make it to Disney World!!! My husband went to Korea out of AIT, Then we moved to Fort Huachuca for 10 years. Loved it there had lots of friends and a brand new house on post. Loved the schools on Post!! He did 3 tours to Iraq while we were there. Then in Jan we moved to Fort Gordon, can't say I like it here. We hope to move next summer!! It is nice to be closer to family from Ohio. It does not seem safe on post here like it was at Fort Huachuca!! My husband"s goal is to stay in the army until our 2 year old is off to college. I am the FRG leader with another girl, but we really have not got it off the ground, his unit has never had an FRG before so that has been really hard. Hope we can get something going before we move.

Are ya'll a signal corp family as well? My husband is signal and always at Ft. Gordon. He is down there right now actually.

Ft. Gordon really isn't all that bad just a bit rinky dink. As for building a FRG , is it an AIT unit? I've stood up a few FRGs and know it can be difficult and time consuming.

If you haven't eaten there yet, we LOVE Giuseppe's in Augusta for pizza and pasta. Great place and decent prices.

We were signal, but my husband just changed his MOS to a career counselor. No it is not an AIT unit. I was an FRG leader at Fort Huachuca, but that was so long ago. Never started one before they already had them at fort huachuca when we got there.
I will have to go and try the pizza place, thanks for a new place to try!!

Hi all! I am Kaleigh 31, DH is James 32, and we have one daughter, Veronica who is 19 months. James is in the Air Force and is about to start his first deployment. It was a short notice, so we are both flipping out a little. I look forward to getting to know you all. I need a little contact with the outside world since I will be home with a toddler for 6 months, and I knew Disney folks would be the best.:flower3:

I'm Kerri Lee and am an Air Force wife plus I was Active Duty myself for 4 yrs. We just got stationed at Peterson AFB, CO in May after being separated for 3 yrs while DH was as RAF Lakenheath. Long story...but this is the first time living together since we were married.

I'm Kerri Lee and am an Air Force wife plus I was Active Duty myself for 4 yrs. We just got stationed at Peterson AFB, CO in May after being separated for 3 yrs while DH was as RAF Lakenheath. Long story...but this is the first time living together since we were married.

When I get to MacDill, it'll be the first time for me living with my husband. We've only been married for 2 years, though, and we've only been 'separated' by the state of FL. :)

Hi, I'm Paula. DH is AD AF 22 yrs and I am a 20 yr AF Reservist. We have been married for 11 yrs I have 3 DD's. 20 yr old step DD, an 8 yr old and 6 yr old. We are at Scott AFB in IL right now after 15 years at Travis AFB in CA. We met at Travis.
He has been at Beale, Castle, and Seymor-Johnson. I have been at Mather and Travis. Both spend deployment time over seas to the land of sand... Qatar, UAE and so on.

Hello everyone! I'm Cristy and my DH is Keith. He joined the Army National Guard in 2007 at 36. Did BCT at Fort Knox and AIT at Fort Gordon, he is a 25U considering going back after deployment for 25B. We have two children, DS 13 and DD 7.

Hi everyone! I am Ashley and my DH is a member of the KY National Guard. He did basic at Fort Knox and has done a tour in Iraq where he was injured. They are currently in the process of changing his MOS and we are waiting to see if they may have to deploy again soon. We just had our first baby, a boy born on July 15. H

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter