• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

IOA over Thanksgiving weekend

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
Has anyone been to IOA on either Thanksgiving day or the Fri. or Sat. after? Is it decorated for Christmas by Thanksgiving day? What are the crowds like? Which would be the least crowded day to go? Also, is there anything related to the Christmas holiday at Universal Studios? I would love to catch this while we are already over at WDW for the weekend and week after, but if it's going to be packed we could go there later in the month. Upside to going on one of these days is maybe we could go twice before Christmas! :D Thanks for the info!

Generally, Turkey Day itself is not busy. The days after Turkey Day can get busy. As for Christmas events, Grinchmas began last year around the Turkey Day weekend. No definites on what's happening for Christmas this year, though.

We went the day before and and on T day last year and it wasn't busy at all on the Wed before. Really fabulous day! On T day it wasn't bad, I recommend making ressies at Mythos for a nice sit down relaxing meal. They did have a turkey dinner last year, but there were so many choices that many of us went with other items.

If you stay on site any time is fine, but if not, definitely go early on in the weekend or wait until Sunday, I imagine that would be good. We did go to IOA and US two years ago on the Friday after and it was busy, nothing like Disney, but still quite busy.

Last year I beleive Grichmas started on the Friday after Tday so we didn't go, but if you have never been I'd say make sure you see it. Decorations were already up by Wed. (day before T day)

Jenn

Last year I beleive Grichmas started on the Friday after Tday so we didn't go, but if you have never been I'd say make sure you see it. Decorations were already up by Wed. (day before T day)

I was at IOA on the Friday after Thanksgiving last year with the intention of checking out Grinchmas. It was an absolute zoo there that day! :eek:

I didn't mind, I'm local and had no intention of actually riding anything...
I think if you want to check out the decorations, Thanksgiving day might be a much better choice, crowd-wise than Friday or Saturday, but if you're just going to check out Grinchmas, you might wait until Friday (assuming they start it that day, which I would imagine they would) and get there early, early, early! :)

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter