IP address Banned

bcuinohio

DIS Veteran
I keep getting the message that my IP address has been banned on my iPhone. I have tried using cellular data and home Wi-Fi and it still happens. 646911 FA63C413-989B-453C-8D70-F8E6429CC0AF.jpeg

We have been getting these reports this past week. The webmasters have been discussing it, so I hope we get it resolved soon.

It may be due to a privacy filter Apple has added, which effectively establishes a VPN.

Some sites block access from known VPN hosts.

It may be due to a privacy filter Apple has added, which effectively establishes a VPN.

Some sites block access from known VPN hosts.

This is exactly it. I freaked out that I had done something wrong until I thought to try turning Private Relay off!

For those that may not be aware, the latest version of Safari (on both iPhone and Mac) includes a feature called Private Relay, if it's turned on it masks your real IP address with a different one, like what a VPN does as Steve said. The problem that arises is the "fake" IP that this assigns to you, or the range of addresses it assigns from, could also be used by countless other people so it can appear to some websites that unique individual users are all logging in from the same computer or connection point. Thus, the system gets ban-happy on those IP addresses.

Anyone having this issue on Safari, I would suggest turning off the Private Relay feature (if on a Mac, open Safari preferences -> Privacy -> Hide IP Address) in order to access Disboards, at least until the admin team are able to figure something out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter