iPhone help

hey... since we are talking iPhones...
Our T-mobile contract is up the 25th of April, so I'm free!!!

I'm seriously considering the iPhone, but I'm just trying to spend the least amount possible on the plan (i'm going from a family plan with 5 peeps and the DW and I only have to contribute $25 a month, so it's sticker shock seeing how much plans cost!).

I'm looking at the barebones 450 minute, unlimited data plan for $59.99. I've been told by friends I can add DW for $10 a month (non-iPhone). Is this possible? $69.99 a month doesn't sound horrible. 450 minutes is fine for us. Right now we have 700 minutes for 5 people and usually always wind up giving them back to T-mobile. We mainly call in-network or use the phones in the evening.

Any advice? Am I just dreaming that I can get the plan that low?

TIA
thats the plan I use the cheap one with family rollover, and a spare that cost an extra $10 a month. the new phone might be a little more expensive at first, but I'm sure after 6 months the price will drop... I just hope they have an upgrade path, some sort of trade in situation.

ya can't use the same sim... it is sealed inside the iPhone, so ya have to transfer the number via some sync software. The kid that helped me out really knew what he was doing and had it all done in a few min.
Its not sealed inside - you can use a paper clip to remove the tray. I could see it being an issue to use a different one though.

thats the plan I use the cheap one with family rollover, and a spare that cost an extra $10 a month. the new phone might be a little more expensive at first, but I'm sure after 6 months the price will drop... I just hope they have an upgrade path, some sort of trade in situation.

Thanks Oscar! I'll go to the AT&T store to check it out this weekend. If I can get a plan that's $69.99 a month, that's not unreasonable at all.

Our plan is one of those family plans too. Ours is a little more though because both of us now have the data plans on our phones. But we've gotten rid of our landline at home (cable internet) because we never used it. With our rollover minutes, we have plenty of talk time for the two of us! There was only one month where I used up all of our rollover minutes and that was when my sister was expected to go into labor at any moment. They lived in Kansas City at the time...we currently have about 3000 minutes banked because we never used them!

I did notice a sign yesterday for an unlimited talk to anyone plan that AT&T has for $59.99. I may check into that since my family is all on different networks with their phones.

Well, I was about ready to bite the bullet this weekend and buy my iPhone, but some last minute searching saturday turned up some news.

Apparently sometime between June 5th-9th, Apple is rumored to relase a new version of the iPhone that's 3G compatible. How much this version will cost is unknown at this time and how much 3G service will costs is unknown. BUT, it's rumored the Edge phones may come down in price to $250-300.

Glad I checked. I'd have hated to buy one to see a better model released for a couple bucks more or the old version for $100 less!

Something to check out if you are in the market for an iPhone soon!

Coming from someone whole SELLS iPhones for a living *hint hint* if you are eligible for an upgrade, use it on something other than an iPhone! Does your son/daughter/husband/wife need a new phone? Do you have teens that eat through phones (lose or break them)? Use the discount on a spare!

The iPhone can be purchased at any point in a contract. I advise people that I sign up for new service to sign up and get the free phone then buy the iPhone and activate in just a few days. You get 2 phones for the price of one you were going to buy anyway.

I was eligible for an upgrade and wanted iPhone, but I got a free refurb to use as a backup! I am not taking a $400 phone to the pool/beach/football game or anywhere I think I might damage it. Just think about it :thumbsup2

Have any more questions? Feel free to get an honest opinion here =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter