Ipod and Digital Camera

jehender

Earning My Ears
I have heard that you can use an Ipod to store your pictures instead of a laptop while on vacation. I love this idea as I think it is a huge pain to take my laptop everywhere I go. However, I am Ipod illiterate! I know there are several different kinds. I would only use this to store pictures that I later transfer to my laptop upon return home. What version of the Ipod do I need? Do I need any other equipment like connectors or anything like that?

It does work but as Brian said it is a battery drain. The external readers are also very slow sometimes almost 3 times longer than those directly connected to the computer. But for times when you are in the field and need to save some photos so you can clear off your memory card, it is kind of handy.

Jeff

If you're not interested in listening to music then you might consider just getting a digital wallet. These devices are portable hard drives made primarily for the purpose of copying images off of memory cards. Many also offer features like video and music. The advantage is that memory card downloading is the main function of the device and so you usually don't need an adapter.

Here's an example: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11066573&whse=&topnav=&cat=&s=1

There are others made by Epson, Nixvue, Archos, X-Drive, etc. I have the Archos Gmini 120 that I use on my trips. It's a lot smaller than a laptop and less clumsy than hooking up adapters to an iPod. Also, depending on which one you choose you can generally save a lot money compared to an iPod solution. The Wolverine listed above is less than $200.

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter