Ireland Trip Report **Finally Finished...Sort of p.13**

I just called to ask about my dates (June 20). She said it is about 1/3 full. And wasn't really offering me anymore info on how many people the tours need, when this particular adventure usually is cancelled, etc. She did say it is one of their more popular tours and that many of the adventurers book closer to the last minute. Seems odd but anything is possible. Fingers crossed. I would be utterly devastated if this trip is cancelled. And even more so if there are not any other dates this summer that we could do it.

We were scheduled for the first Ireland trip in may :sad:
But Disney rebooked us on the June 13th trip.

I'm so sorry...but at least you were able to rescedule! :thumbsup2

Was your adventure the adults only one?

If not adults only, maybe that one wasn't getting too popular because a lot of kids are in school still. :confused3

I'm so sorry...but at least you were able to rescedule! :thumbsup2

Was your adventure the adults only one?

If not adults only, maybe that one wasn't getting too popular because a lot of kids are in school still. :confused3

The adults only is the week after but we had a scheduling conflict that week so we couldn't do it. I agree that it was a bit early but I was hoping it would fill up anyway. Apparently there was only one other family booked on it. I've yet to see anyone else on the DIS booked for the June 13th trip but I'm hoping they pop up soon!

I just called to see what the percentage booked is on the china trip for july and the lady said they can't see that anymore. They CAN tell me if there is space for my party which is already booked is available... but they can no longer see how much space might be remaining...

I would have liked to have the comfort of knowing it was at least starting to fill..

Ah well.:sad1:

When was your trip scheduled (the ones that was cancelled)?

I'm not on these boards much these days, but has there been any mention of ANY of the Ireland adventures being cancelled for this year?

It was the June 6 trip.

THey probably don't want to release that information because too many people are requesting it.

I know I've called a couple of times.

My niece is pretty used to busy, on the go vacations since that is what DSIL and DB take. She also goes to WDW with my mom, her brother and I all the time. The thing I'm most concerned about is the food! She can be a bit picky - so I'm hoping they have kid friendly american-y choices for her.

Hi Wonders10 :wave2:

This is my first post on this board but I have been a reader for some time.

I just stumbled across this thread and thought I would help a little with the childrens food (I'm from Northern Ireland)

Have a look here a different restaurants in the areas you will be visiting - most have an online menu (www . findarestaurant . ie) - sorry can't add link yet.

The only two main difference I can think of at the moment are our fries are known as chips (and also thicker cut) and our sausage are tend to be different.

HTH
FB

Those are our dates! For 2009 right?

Yes! I was so excited to find someone going on our date. It would be nice to know someone before we go. We just booked last week. DH has always wanted to go to Ireland so I'm hoping it doesn't get cancelled.

This is our big vacation this year and the only time frame that will work since he is a teacher. I had given my TA several dates this summer and she said that two trips were already sold out (the last week in June and the last week in July). That makes it sound hopeful!

Yes! I was so excited to find someone going on our date. It would be nice to know someone before we go. We just booked last week. DH has always wanted to go to Ireland so I'm hoping it doesn't get cancelled.

This is our big vacation this year and the only time frame that will work since he is a teacher. I had given my TA several dates this summer and she said that two trips were already sold out (the last week in June and the last week in July). That makes it sound hopeful!

Cool...as I'm sure you read, I'll be traveling with my mom and my niece who just turned 8. We are all very excited! I've been wanting to go to Ireland forever! My mom too. My niece just thinks it's cool she is going to another country.

I work in a school - as a speech pathologist - so I understand vacation restrictions.

I think it is a very good thing that 2 of the dates are already sold out! School down here lets out June 5 for most of south Florida and my area, and our trip is a couple weeks after that so hopefully that will help.

Are you doing any pre/post nights?

June 20th has been cancelled. Huge Bummer.

She gave me 3 alternative dates to choose from and I'm waiting to hear back from my mom to tell her the bad news.

What alternate dates did she give you? We've booked the July 22.

Sigh. I have not been sleeping well and feeling very, very anxious about this. There is not excited enthusiasm any longer, and my kids have long faces as we startle everytime the phone rings.

There has to be a better way of doing this. I never want to book an ABD again! Even if I have the best time, these months of worrying aren't worth it.

Did she give you June 13th as an alternative? If so, you should come with us!!

She did offer that date. But I think we are going to go with June 17.

What alternate dates did she give you? We've booked the July 22.

Sigh. I have not been sleeping well and feeling very, very anxious about this. There is not excited enthusiasm any longer, and my kids have long faces as we startle everytime the phone rings.

There has to be a better way of doing this. I never want to book an ABD again! Even if I have the best time, these months of worrying aren't worth it.

She gave June 13, June 17, and July 22. I think I'm going to go with June 17 though.

I agree. For some reason I had been having a hard time getting truly excited about this trip and now even more so. Now I'm concerned that this trip will be cancelled and then there won't be an alternative. I don't think I'll truly be excited until I'm sitting in my plane seat. Too late to cancel it then haha.

We were originally on the first trip in May but they moved us to the June 13th. I'm hoping that since those are the alternatives they seem to be giving people that means those trips won't be canceled! (I had originally asked about a different date but was told that was unavailable which I took to mean, it was being canceled)

Oh I hope that the fact that she offered you July 22 means that it is a probable go.

Last month a cm told me that there wouldn't be any more Ireland trips canceled so I don't trust anything they say now.

Oh I hope our trip is a go. The other two dates you were offered wouldn't be possible for us as we have already paid for our trip to Portugal for June 27 and we are flying to Ireland from there.

Send pixie dust my way please!

Ok, well I just booked the June 17th adventure.

I asked the likelihood if it being cancelled and she said it "is looking good" which gives me no comfort since that is what they told me about the 20th. She did say that since it was before my original date of the 20th, that it would have been cancelled already if it was going to be. I guess they were going in date order and seeing the numbers and then cancelling from there? :confused3 My mom and I both agreed that if it does get cancelled, we will be disappointed but will get all of our money back and do something else that is equally as fun. But I'm still having a hard time getting excited. Is there a date that it is a "for sure, definitely not getting cancelled"? Or do I actually have to wait right up to my trip.

As a completely unrelated topic, but related to my little TR here. My sister-in-law has still not gotten a passport for my niece. Mind you she has known about this since we booked in September and still nothing. Then they needed to order another birth certificate because they couldn't find it after they went on a cruise. No offense to stay at home mom's, but she is one and her kids are in school all day. I'm having a hard time understanding why she can't stop on the way home from the bus stop one afternoon and get it taken care of. At the end of the day, it will be my niece's loss and I will not hesitate for one second in telling her that it is mommy's fault that she doesn't get to go, but it is so annoying and they are cutting it so close. Not for the trip, but to get that paperwork in (with the passport and flight info).

Ok, well I just booked the June 17th adventure.

Oh, I hope it works for you Shannon ... everything including your S-I-L dragging her feet with your niece's Passport. Maybe subconsciously your sil doesn't want your niece to go?

Oh, I hope it works for you Shannon ... everything including your S-I-L dragging her feet with your niece's Passport. Maybe subconsciously your sil doesn't want your niece to go?

Thanks...who knows, really, what DSIL is thinking. It is very typical for her to wait until the last minute but this is not the sort of thing that you procrastinate on. Either way, my mom and I are going on this trip and will have a trip of a lifetime. I hope DNiece will be able to join us, but we had this booked before we even asked her to go so...

I got the terrible news today as well. We were given those same three alternatives.

We booked on the June 17th one as well. The other two dates didn't work for me because of coworkers vacations. They can't keep cancelling these trips as some people have to plan their time off in advance due to work constraints.

If this one is cancelled, I don't what we will do. :confused3 I don't want to have to find another vacation this late. (I'm a big-time plan-aheader)

I'm praying this works out for all of us! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter