Irish Recipes

Ellen aka Snow White

<font color=blue>I AM LIVING IN MY MINI-VAN!!!<br>
My daughter has to do a project for school. Any Irish recipes that you have tried and are good?:)

I found a couple of websites but would like some from experience as well. thanks

My fave is Colcannon. You cook cabbage (boil it till almost cooked) add it to a sautee pan with a little butter, a little milk and some leeks that have been sauteed. You then put this mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish, top with mashed potatoes, top with shredded cheddar and bake till bubbly. MMMMMMMMMM

That is actually one of the ones I printed out (because I knew what all the ingredients were!! LOL) Thanks for the personal opinion of it!

I haven't made this in years, but I always really liked it.

4 cups of flour
1 cup of sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
grated rind of 1 lemon
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
2 cups of raisins

Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, raisins and lemon rind.
Beat the eggs and milk together and add to dry ingredients. Mix carefully until throughly moistened.
Turn into a buttered 9x5" loaf pan and let stand for about 20 minutes.
Bake in at 350 degrees until done, about 1 - 1 1/4 hours.

you could make. But for kids, not really authentic but my Irish grandmother always made Irish Potatoes

I believe it is one pack cream cheese, one lb powdered sugar, one lb of shredded coconut and a stick of butter. Kids mush it all together(hopefully wash hands well first) then shape into little potato shaped balls. Then you roll it into cinnamon.
It is similar to coconut cream eggs without the chocolate. You could check this recipe on-line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter