Is a flight from San Juan after cruise at 2:15pm to early

jazmyin

Mouseketeer
We are cruising the Southern Caribbean in January. For our last cruise in January 2016 we got detained in San Juan due to a blizzard on the East Coast and could not fly home. Our original flight was for 4pm. We are going again on the Wonder and this time our flight leaves San Juan at 2:15pm. I think this is manageable...just looking for others opinions.

Last edited:
We are cruising the Southern Caribbean in January. For our last cruise in January 2016 we got detained in San Juan to to a blizzard on the East Coast and could not fly home. Our original flight was for 4pm. We are going again on the Wonder and this time our flight leaves San Juan at 2:15pm. I think this is manageable...just looking for others opinions.

Well it's it's like most ports it will be too late definitely not to early. You should have a long wait at the airport.

should not be a problem. We were in OSJ in January, had a 3pm flight - got a taxi around noon and waited at the airport for a long time. The Pan American port is much closer to the airport. there were zillions of taxis waiting at the port when we disembarked the day before we flew home. was less than a 15 minute wait - and we were 2nd seating, so late off of the ship

It's a very short taxi ride to the airport. We were off the ship at 830 and at the airport before 900. Our flight was at 1030 am. I think 215 would be too late. There were companies outside offering tours with drop off at the airport for people with later flights.

We are cruising in January 2018 and our flight is leaving at 11:05 with Southwest. Did you need to do the express check out for leaving the ship or regular disembarking the ship. We are just going to grab a taxi when we get out doors and head straight to the airport but I want to make sure I have enough time.

My flight is at 2:10 so everybody's responses make me feel reassured. I'd rather sit around the airport than miss my fight.

My flight is at 2:10 so everybody's responses make me feel reassured. I'd rather sit around the airport than miss my fight.

My feeling exactly! I cannot imagine ending a nice, relaxing vacation by getting all stressed about making a flight just to not have down time.

We are cruising the Southern Caribbean in January. For our last cruise in January 2016 we got detained in San Juan due to a blizzard on the East Coast and could not fly home. Our original flight was for 4pm. We are going again on the Wonder and this time our flight leaves San Juan at 2:15pm. I think this is manageable...just looking for others opinions.

We were in a cruise ending in San Juan in April and had a 1:45pm flight and had lots of time to get there and settle in.

We were planning to see some of the city before our 4pm flight. Do you think that is doable?

Our flight was at 12:10 and we had ages at the airport.

Disembarked, found porter, found bags, went through, waited in taxi line, got taxi. Got there too early for southwest to check our bags so we had to sit and wait. Had some breakfast at the subway there. Then there was a "who left that backpack sitting there, see something say something, now we're evacuating subway" scare, had time to move things around in our baggage, wait by the SW checkin desks, and the finally got to check bags. Security line, walked slowly. Checked out a lot of the duty free area and pondered the travel accessories I wanted. Got to the gate, to bathroom, to "made in PR" store, gate, got water and mixed nuts, gate, yawn, yawn, finally boarded.

12:10 didn't involve any rush whatsoever and I was glad I changed it from the 2ish flight.

If you need somewhere close to the airport where you can check luggage eat and shop in a nice air conditioned environment you can try Mall of San Juan http://www.themallofsanjuan.com

It is a beautiful upscale mall with one of the nicest Nordstroms I have seen and it is a short ride with Uber or taxi to the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter