Is anything selling?

I actually had Sweet close one of my purchases several years ago ( with the sponsor) and they were wonderful. I didn't ask for them, it was a nice. I'd be careful with saying brokers don't want to use them because they don't give kick backs, you are inferring that the other title companies do and that is illegal. I would also disagree that the agencey you list with is irrevelant, as were discussing, Fidelity will price the contract for less than what you can very likely get elsewhere.

I'm a PA and work in high volume medical sales, and the advise of going with the cheapest is a terrible and extremely short sighted way to handle an asset worth thousands of dollars. You get what you pay for....
They definitely give kickbacks

Question for you, if you don't mind me asking.. when you sell your AK to buy BLT, are you going to list with Fidelity or one of the other brokers that will likely get you more $ for the contract?

Question for you, if you don't mind me asking.. when you sell your AK to buy BLT, are you going to list with Fidelity or one of the other brokers that will likely get you more $ for the contract?
When go to sell my AKL contract I am going to look at what the 3 or 4 largest resellers have for sale in my UY and point range and pick the one where my contract will have the least competition for what would be a fair asking price at the time. I will be looking to sell it quick but not giving it away. If the average price for my contract at the time is 100pp, then I will be looking to get that or close to it. Also I will be buying the BLT contract 1st then putting my AKL up for sale.

The real issue is that sellers are not willing to live in reality. They were convinced in many instances that this was an “asset” that had “value”…. They were told “DVC is the exception to every other timeshare”…. The fact is, it is a great way to pre-pay for vacations, and it is unlikely to go to zero like some other timeshares, but it isn’t an investment like an iBond or Index Fund…

Exactly, I think it’s why when people buy, they should recognize this and assume initial buy in is a sunk cost and go from there.

Yes, that is how they get away with underpricing the contracts, which as a seller, I find to be wrong.

I actually had Sweet close one of my purchases several years ago ( with the sponsor) and they were wonderful. I didn't ask for them, it was a nice. I'd be careful with saying brokers don't want to use them because they don't give kick backs, you are inferring that the other title companies do and that is illegal.

I'm a PA and work in high volume medical sales, and the advise of going with the cheapest is a terrible and extremely short sighted way to handle an asset worth thousands of dollars. You get what you pay for....
There's so much wrong here, it seems like you just don't know what you are talking about.

Fidelity doesn't "underprice" contracts. They are well above ROFR most of the time, and they've even been above board sponsor, who I guess you think is "overpricing" contracts? Fidelity doesn't play a lot of the offer, counteroffer, time waste games. They list at what I consider market, and they have the broker fee, which I think can be a good thing in these transactions, especially as contracts get cheaper.

It's not "illegal" to give "kick backs." What are you talking about? Of course all of these companies work with each other or don't because of their financial agreements.

And "get what you pay for" huh? Title companies are awfully close to each other on pricing, I think it was maybe 50$ on my last contract. Points are points. I've paid for points at three brokers, and I'd do it privately, like on Facebook, as long as I had a good title company. Paying more for points does not make you better than others. Or, if you think it does, just buy direct.

As a seller, you have a lot of options, that's not a bad thing.

I would also bet any amount that Fidelity has higher gross annual sales than DVC Resale because they sell many other timeshares, so size is relative. Fidelity helps people sell their timeshares because they don't want them anymore, often because they want out from paying ever increasing Maintenace Fees. They price contracts to sell because that is what their clients usually want. They are not a realty company selling your home and trying to maximize your "profit". They are in the business of unloading timeshares that owners no longer want. Which is a good thing if you are a buyer looking for a good deal or a seller who just wants to sell before the next annual fees are due.

Last edited:
I think I lot of the over market asking priced contracts right now are ones the owner bought at the top of the market, when money was flowing like water. Those owners are now stuck and upside down and can't afford DVC.

It runs a lot of parallels to what happened in the housing market between 06 and 10.

unsuspecting seller calls and leaves money on the table
If by “leaving money on the table” you mean “sells their contract instead of leaving it listed with no offers on the board sponsor” then sure. The title of this thread is literally “is anything selling.” The answer to that is yes! If your contract is not selling, and you are wondering why, the answer is: you are pricing it too high. No different than buyers who wonder why sellers aren’t accepting their offers. The answer is: Your offers are too low. There’s no great mystery here.

If by “leaving money on the table” you mean “sells their contract instead of leaving it listed with no offers on the board sponsor” then sure. The title of this thread is literally “is anything selling.” The answer to that is yes! If your contract is not selling, and you are wondering why, the answer is: you are pricing it too high. No different than buyers who wonder why sellers aren’t accepting their offers. The answer is: Your offers are too low. There’s no great mystery here.

To add, high or low is relative. You need a buyer and seller to find each other who have the same idea for pricing.

Some sellers..I was always one of them..who valued a quick sale over maximizing potential sale price.

As a buyer, I decided where my price point was, within what I was seeing..and went from there.

All this to say, as long as a seller is happy to accept the offer, they got what I consider a fair price for the contract!

Last edited:
Yes, that is how they get away with underpricing the contracts, which as a seller, I find to be wrong. They take advactange of the fact that when someone calls Disney, they are given Fidelity's info and the unsuspecting seller calls and leaves money on the table. If someone is calling Disney they are typically older or not tech savvy, so they have no idea what their contract is really worth or what options they have. As a seller I find this sad and infurriating (sic). Having 16% of the market is small and reinforces my point about not using their numbers to gague (sic) what true market value is. I realize there are alot of very passionatie buyers out there dying for a DVC Crash, I don't get it... but you do you..
A conspiracy theorist is a person who tacitly admits that they have insufficient data to prove their points.

I think I lot of the over market asking priced contracts right now are ones the owner bought at the top of the market, when money was flowing like water. Those owners are now stuck and upside down and can't afford DVC.

It runs a lot of parallels to what happened in the housing market between 06 and 10.
I think you might be into something. But I also think several are “investors” who are not going to sell these contracts anytime soon….

But the market is soft right now…. Maybe this is the bottom, maybe it isn’t who knows…

All I know is my next step is to request buyer pay 2023 fees for any future contracts I bid on this year… which will also be aggressively priced…. May request closing costs as well, particularly if there are no 2022 points included….

I think you might be into something. But I also think several are “investors” who are not going to sell these contracts anytime soon….

But the market is soft right now…. Maybe this is the bottom, maybe it isn’t who knows…

All I know is my next step is to request buyer pay 2023 fees for any future contracts I bid on this year… which will also be aggressively priced…. May request closing costs as well, particularly if there are no 2022 points included….
i will bet lunch at Narcoosee’s this is not the bottom…

Post 23, p. 2 of this thread is where the no longer referring to Fidelity quote came from. https://www.disboards.com/threads/buying-resale-through-fidelity-timeshares.3529441/
& post 149 of the current thread is where the quote about DVC referring non tech savvy people to Fidelity is from.
I think in any market downturn sellers have trouble accepting that the market has turned & that good agents/brokers are able to explain that reality to their sellers, I’ve not seen any evidence that one brokerage in the DVC realm is any better or worse than any other in terms of pricing to sell - the listings are all over the map at all of them. I mean all points at any given resort are the same give or take big/small contract, loaded v. stripped - so a $50 price difference for the same resort at the same agency let alone between different brokers makes no sense to me.
I do agree with you on the part of sellers not seeming to accept the changing market, however you didn't acknowledge how you misquoted me

Last edited:
I do agree with you on the part of sellers not seeming to accept the changing market
I don't think this is the bottom.
People's COVID stimulus money will be further exhausted.
Furthermore was talking to my wife just this morning and we agreed: the idea of buying points and paying the same dues on them as a direct purchase (forever and ever), and to be locked out of every new and future resorts, check mate by Disney. All it will take is a look at promotional materials for the new Poly tower, reflections, one day possibly yacht club, to make us really regret saving a few thousand dollars upfront via a resale purchase .

Touche, disney

I don't think this is the bottom.
People's COVID stimulus money will be further exhausted.
Furthermore was talking to my wife just this morning and we agreed: the idea of buying points and paying the same dues on them as a direct purchase (forever and ever), and to be locked out of every new and future resorts, check mate by Disney. All it will take is a look at promotional materials for the new Poly tower, reflections, one day possibly yacht club, to make us really regret saving a few thousand dollars upfront via a resale purchase .

Touche, disney
That’s why you buy both direct and resale. Once you have that “blue card”, you don’t haveto pay that premium for direct. There will always be a market for resale, even for restricted Riviera.

You're correct, if they aren't selling, price is most likely the factor, no one is aruging this point. Also, contracts are selling- the sky hasn't fallen just yet. My contract sold within 48 hrs, sorry to disappoint.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter