Is Citricos really that good?

We went last year and I thought Narcoossee’s was better. However, I haven’t been to Narcoossee’s since it re-opened. Our service at Citrico’s was not good and the food came out cold. Judging by the the other comments, maybe it was just an off night.

We tried Citricos for the first time last summer while Narcoosee's was undergoing renovation. I was considering canceling but so glad we tried it, it was by far our favorite dinner of the trip. We stopped at the Enchanted Rose before our adr for a pre-dinner cocktail. All in all was a lovely evening!

Wow, we didn’t care for our meal at Citricos on Easter. I didn‘t particularly like the spices on the tilefish, and I don’t ever think I have seen a smaller portion of soup than their corn chowder.

Last night we ate at Flying Fish and what a great experience that was! We have always enjoyed Narcoosees.

A big minus tonight at Citricos. For the price we were surprised at how loud and noisy the place was so late at night with children. I felt we were expecting a different level after reading some of the reviews. We ate a small salad and left, but will say the service was excellent and the salad was ok. I won’t say the place is bad, but we could have eaten at many restaurants without having to yell at each other to be heard.

A big minus tonight at Citricos. For the price we were surprised at how loud and noisy the place was so late at night with children. I felt we were expecting a different level after reading some of the reviews. We ate a small salad and left, but will say the service was excellent and the salad was ok. I won’t say the place is bad, but we could have eaten at many restaurants without having to yell at each other to be heard.
That's too bad. We were there last October, and it was much quieter the California Grill, which I consider to be a loud restaurant.

Pete didn’t eat seafood and ate primarily filets well done. He was hardly the one to review restaurants.

Cítricos is your typical hit-or-miss Signature restaurant. Its tiny portions are exorbitantly priced, and it’s a shadow of its former self from the late 90s. Disney is, sadly, no longer a serious diner’s destination, though you won’t have a problem finding places that do a good job of impersonating fine dining.

Pete didn’t eat seafood and ate primarily filets well done. He was hardly the one to review restaurants.

Cítricos is your typical hit-or-miss Signature restaurant. Its tiny portions are exorbitantly priced, and it’s a shadow of its former self from the late 90s. Disney is, sadly, no longer a serious diner’s destination, though you won’t have a problem finding places that do a good job of impersonating fine dining.

Totally agree with this. We've eaten there twice since the Mary Poppins refurb. The first visit was excellent - great food, great service, my DH loved that his mocktail was served in a penguin thermos (nice detail!). Second visit this past March was subpar to say the least - service was so slow, the food was so mediocre and no more penguin thermos! (the server said it was due to people stealing them . . . ). I honestly don't think the menu fits the theming, either. Citricos is now off my list. I'm sometimes willing to give places like Cali Grill/Topolino's/Narcoosees a bit of a pass as I'm happy to pay a little more for the view and atmosphere, but with Citrico, if the service and food isn't top notch, I really see no reason to drop $300+ for a party of 2 for dinner.

I'm sometimes willing to give places like Cali Grill/Topolino's/Narcoosees a bit of a pass as I'm happy to pay a little more for the view and atmosphere, but with Citrico, if the service and food isn't top notch, I really see no reason to drop $300+ for a party of 2 for dinner.
I agree most with this point. On my last trip, my favorite meals were the crew stew at Skipper Canteen, the cauliflower at Boathouse, and the vegetable skewer at Primo Piatto. More $$$ doesn't guarantee better, especially at Disney nowadays. (I have yet to try Citrico's so I'm not knocking it.) And atmosphere is limited by the kid factor.

Last edited:
I would say yes, it's that good. The food and service were excellent for us last year. Our favorite meal of the trip. We are planning to go again in August.

Always have a great meal here and I dress up for it. Never really had an issue with kids. It's Disney, kids are everywhere. Just depends on if the parents care to have them be respectful or not. Reservations after 7:30pm usually handle the kid situation ( ala less )

Good food , not nearly as pricey as people make it out to be.
Is it great? Not really, but it's good, a good atmosphere and service is pretty consistent.
It was better in the past, but most Disfood was. It's in our rotation but doing it every trip is unjustified given the amount of other quality choices.

After reading all this I'm sure it can be a great meal but I'll be sticking to Narcoossee's if I'm dropping $300+ for dinner. In almost 20 years never had a bad meal at Narcoossee's (although I admit I mostly just get the scallops and gnocchi). No need to reinvent the wheel I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter