Is Concierge really worth the extra cost?

Huh? I'm sailing Concierge on this cruise so I'll be able to check in at the concierge desk anyway. Keeping this a secret from my family is going to be a bear.

I think what he was trying to say was that, if you were already Platinum, you'd check in at the Concierge desk anyway so you could keep it a secret for longer.

Concierge luggage tags maybe a giveaway before that.

Concierge luggage tags maybe a giveaway before that.

And maybe even the booklet? I thought I remembered the booklet for our first DCL where my dad inexplicably booked Concierge (none of us have ever cruised that way since and don't feel any worse for the wear) the booklet being a different color...or indicating Concierge in some way.

Also your KTTW cards will be Gold (unless that's changed)...though by that point she would already know.

For me, concierge is not worth it as we already have to sail peak season when prices are sky-high for all categories. No way could I afford to pay for concierge on top of the peak-season premium.

And maybe even the booklet? I thought I remembered the booklet for our first DCL where my dad inexplicably booked Concierge (none of us have ever cruised that way since and don't feel any worse for the wear) the booklet being a different color...or indicating Concierge in some way.

Also your KTTW cards will be Gold (unless that's changed)...though by that point she would already know.

Yes the booklet says Concierge on it - my friends and I are sailing Concierge for the first time in three weeks

I think what he was trying to say was that, if you were already Platinum, you'd check in at the Concierge desk anyway so you could keep it a secret for longer.
Oh...ah ha ha ha ha...*Twirling Hair*...sometimes I nist have those days.

The KTTW card is gold, but does not say concierge on it, so that may not tip them off unless they know what gold cards mean. The booklet says concierge on it, but you cannot see that unless you open the envelope. Inside the book, the luggage tags are a different color (brown) and have the concierge cross keys logo on them.

I have one here now for our upcoming cruise, if anyone has any questions.....

Last edited:
Maybe you could call shoreside and give them a new address like an office address if you don't think you can tackle the mail man! i have been able to always catch those tell-all envelopes in time, but I stalk our mailbox when I think something is coming like this.

Of course everyone's needs and financial situation are different, so no one answer fits all for any discussion of "worth" (for any product or service). For my family, the suites and separate bedroom make it worth it to us (two young kids, 5 and 3). For us, if we were going to sail cat V, we would probably not think it's "worth it".

For me, concierge is not worth it as we already have to sail peak season when prices are sky-high for all categories. No way could I afford to pay for concierge on top of the peak-season premium.

Yep. I don't need lots of hand holding and I don't need to feel extra special I guess. At least not for the $45K those rooms were selling for on our upcoming cruise. :rolleyes1

ETA: I'm not opposed to ever booking it, but at this point I don't see any value in that kind of upcharge.

Last edited:
it's never going to be worth it for us. We sail inside cabins because the extra cost of ocean view or verandah isn't worth it to us. But that's just our family. Everyone is going to have a different opinion.

We always sail Family Verandah and I just figured sailing in concierge would be a nice surprise to my family. I can't justify the cost for every cruise either but life is too short and I've done a lot of Would of Should of Didn't type decisions. Our mail however gets to the house before my husband gets home so keeping fingers crossed she doesn't deliver late on that one day.

We sailed it twice, and while the room decor was nicer and the lounge on the Fantasy was nice, that was about all we got out of it other than a couple of drinks each night. For us that level of service is overkill and we don't take advantage of it. We also don't need the bigger rooms so that allows us to sail insides or oceanviews from now on. Even if we won the lottery I don't think we would sail concierge again.

I do get that for some people the concierge hosts can do great things for them, it just wasn't that big of deal for us. Also being platinum now we have an early boarding time anyways.

I loved sailing in concierge, they definitely made my cruise magical and helped my Fiance with his proposal to me. It is definitely a splurge and not something we will do often. We are sailing in concierge again for our honeymoon, but I can't see us doing it again for a long, long time. I think some of the sailings aren't too bad in cost, the one's in Europe are outrageously expensive. I saw on that was 67,000 for two people. That's just crazy. But the price we paid for our four night is definitely doable again.

Financially, you're not going to get to "yes" on is it worth it. But I'd still pay it if the circumstances were right. We had the one bedroom on a three-night and it was a great vacation. DH hates the MDRs so ordering dinner to the room was a huge perk. We got a cabana on Castaway Cay which felt like our own private beach there. Our youngest had to nap in the middle of the day, and we did not feel like we were missing out on anything since we had that big room and a nice-sized verandah, plus the lounge across the hall.

When surprising my wife, I had our TA send the booklet to one of our adult daughters

Not all TAs get the books first. Ive booked with a TA, DCL and now Costco and the books came directly to me.

It may not have gone to the TA first. She might just have had DCL send it to a different address

I took the post literally when it said "I had our TA send the booklet to one of our adult daughters" instead of 'I had our TA get DCL to send the booklet to one of our adult daughters'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter