Is Disney Club card worth it?

NurseMinnie

Earning My Ears
I was at the official Disney web site looking for info on the Disney Club Card. Its $39.95 a year and says you *can* save up to 20%-25% on hotels, some amount on hoppers, and some smaller discounts on merchandise and dining. It wasn't very specific w/ details. I am preliminary planning still and haven't made my hotel & transportation decisions yet, I was just wondering if anyone has used this card and found it to save a worthwhile amount of money for the membership.

Thanks! :pinkbounc

I use it on a fairly consistent basis. We saved approx. $40 on our rental sar for 9 days thru National with it. Will save approx $40 on our park passes. I save 10% each time @ Disney store (I go once a week or so). With the Entertainment card side of it I booked a hotel in Minneapolis reg $120 for $60 per night for 3 nights. It saved me $180 right there.

It boils down to do you want to make it work for you? If you do, then it will!

I just sent my card back for a refund. I did not find it to be a savings to me. We have an AMEX, which pretty much has the same dining savings as the DC--no annual fee. We got the $89/night mod rate through a travel agent--no fee. If you shop online, you can ALWAYS find a 10% off code for stuff at the Disney store. Priceline has better rates on rental cars than you will ever find with the DC. Connections and Ticketmania have lower park passes. And the list goes on.

I just found that there aren't any savings better than what you can find elsewhere. A waste of $40 to me unless you don't want to bother with looking anywhere else for savings. (but then, why would you be on this board, right?;) )

Pam

O.K. I just went to connections123 website & there is a $79.00 fee for the year! Yes, the first 30 days are free, but are people signing up, getting a discount, then canceling? That is the only way I can figure it is cheaper than DC. Please, if I went to the wrong site or have read this wrong let me know!

I'm not renewing my club membership. I am one person and I haven't saved enough money to warrant renewing it.

I will continue my subscripton with the Disney Magazine, though. If I do it separately, it's cheaper.

Donna

I think it really depends on you. It saved us enough in one trip to pay for the membership and much more, here's why. We had already decided to return to WDW the first week of Dec. and stay at the GF, again. My fiance didn't even want to discuss another hotel and he only wanted the lagoon view, in hopes of an MK view. This card saved us 20% off our hotel and 5% off our park hopper plus tickets. Now, if you are willing to negotiate your trip, where you stay, when you go, maybe not. From what I understand savings at the value resorts are pretty much nothing to speak of and you can do much better elsewhere and I think often for moderates also. mousesavers has had some terrific codes that I know have been a blessing to many. SO, I think if you check out their site and the estimated savings percentage and when they apply, you'll be able to tell whether this is a card that would benefit you:-)

Sorry so long!

CatOne:bounce:

I renewed mine. However, I'm also a AAA member, an Entertainment member, have an AMEX card and an annual pass. The AAA hotel discounts are the same with AAA as with DC. Ticket prices are comparable at AAA as with the DC discount, although AAA doesn't offer many ticket options. I did save more at National with the DC code and coupon, so that's one reason I renewed my membership. I also like saving 10% at The Disney Store.

Instead of UMPs 3 adults x 10 days=$1700

we bought APs 3 Adults x $310=$930

Savings=$870 :p ;) :p

I was interested in joining and just wrote WDW an email earlier the CM that answered said that Disney Club offers savings on annual passes but I can't find that info on the Disneyclub.com site. All the other savings I can find somewhere else (DVC, Amer Ex, AAA, etc.) but can't find discounts on new annual passes anywhere.

Cheryl :bounce:

Go to the DIS home page on this site and check prices. It list the current prices and DC prices for all tickets (daily to AP, water park and all). It also had a section on DC discount along with AP discount. I find most folks only visit the discussion board on this site where I find the home page a wealth of information and use if for everything down to my countdown to my next trip.

Thanx n2mm! I think I will join DC. Looks like I'll save a total of $47.70 on annual passes by using the DC discount minus the $40 fee I'll still save almost $8 plus get the magazine. that's a good enough deal for me.

Here's the link:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tickets.htm

Or:
At the top of this page hit the Dis Home Page under related links. Under Theme parks pick Annual Passes.
About half way down it says "For current pass prices and their descriptions, click here" Click there and there you are.

I also found this exact info on another site, let me know if you need it.

Cheryl:bounce:

Keep in mind that the Disney Club card also works as an Entertainment Club card, so you get discounts at participating stores, restaurants and hotels not even related to WDW. For example, there are lots of nice hotels that you can get 50% discounts and 25% discounts at lots of restaurants, pizza places, shopping stores, etc. I never realized this until last week, and I've had the DC card forever it seems! I'm going to try to remember to use it for non-Disney-related spending. If you go to the Disney Club website and click on the Entertainment section, you can type in a city and find all the participating places you can get a discount.

DisneyFix,
Could you provide the link. It won't let me search for a city. Maybe because I'm not a member yet?

Thanks,

same here, if I click entertainment, it just goes to the main Disney ent page.

I just got the card. I used a code from mousesavers and got $10 off the card. I am going to save $200 on the price of a deluxe magic package to WDW. Well Worth it to me.

tink2dw -
Could you please tell me where you found adult APs for $310 - that seems like a great deal! Thanks:)

Thank you MaryLynne for that tip. I'd been all over Mouse Savers and wasn't paying attention. Good thing I read your post before making that call!

Tink2dw, I also would love to know where you found AP's for $310

DisneyFix, don't forget us please. dzneprincess and I would love to see the city list

Thanks everyone for all you're help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter