Is Disney now charging tax on the dining plan?

janets

A bad day at Disney is better than a good day anyw
I'm booked through AAA and just called today to add the dining plan for our stay in April. I have 2 adults ($37.99/day) and 2 children ($10.99/day) for 6 nights. That comes out to $587.76.

My AAA agent is now emailing me that tax has to be added. I have never anywhere seen that the plan is taxed and when we had it last June, there was no tax added on.

Anyone hearing this or is the person to whom she's speaking just not informed? This is what makes planning and booking a trip a pain. No one gets straight answers.

Also, the TA first told me that children are $11.99/day but I checked again and it's $10.99 (up from $9.99 last year).

If I didn't want the dining plan, I would book everything myself in the future. Luckily, we're staying on our DVC points in November so I'll book dining through Member Services.

If anyone has heard anything about this, can you post? I'll update when she emails me back.

I called WDTC myself and conferenced my agent in on the call. They got someone who could do this and the price was exactly as I thought. No additional tax, no adding 2% for some computer situation where they can't separate food and room tax.

So no tax being added.

So do you think your TA was trying to scam you the difference??

I would hate to think that she would do that. I think it was more a case of her getting some information from someone at WDTC who was not knowledgeable and taking it as truth, rather than doing what most of us do when someone gives us information that we have never heard before...hang up and call back to try and reach someone else.

My main problem is that she was ready to believe that this was the truth rather than call again and double check. I had to do it and find out the right info.

In the end, it's all done at the correct price so I'm pleased, but I sure wish they would offer the dining plan to AP holders so that I could get it w/o having to go through AAA and give up control of my ressie in order to save a small amount of money on the room.

janets said:
I would hate to think that she would do that. I think it was more a case of her getting some information from someone at WDTC who was not knowledgeable and taking it as truth, rather than doing what most of us do when someone gives us information that we have never heard before...hang up and call back to try and reach someone else.

My main problem is that she was ready to believe that this was the truth rather than call again and double check. I had to do it and find out the right info.

In the end, it's all done at the correct price so I'm pleased, but I sure wish they would offer the dining plan to AP holders so that I could get it w/o having to go through AAA and give up control of my ressie in order to save a small amount of money on the room.

Exactly why I didn't like my AAA experience yesterday. I went in for a quote and the TA called Disney to get the quote and we wanted two rooms AAA rate with only my dad being a AAA member. The CM told the TA that we can't do that, that a AAA member has to be in each room.....I was like "I don't think so." She said "this is Disney on the phone and she says it can't be done." I told the AAA that it was going to be one reservation for two rooms under my dad's name......how could that not be allowed and that I've found that when talking with Disney CM's that sometimes it all depends who you talk to as to what the regulations for things really are. Not every CM gets it right." We did get the rate after that. I was surprised how unknowledgable the AAA agent seemed. I much prefer the service from Dreams Unlimited. It's too bad they can't offer AAA discounts on packages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter