Is Epcot on a weekend during F&W terrible?

Ashleybritton

Mouseketeer
I’m 10 days out from our fast pass window and I totally want to redo everything. 🤪 I cannot figure out why I have us going to Epcot on a Sunday. Please tell me it’s not so bad.

I think Sunday is probably better than Saturday (unless it's a holiday weekend).

You’ll be ok if you do World Showcase right at 11 (or earlier for Frozen if interested) and get out before mid-afternoon. Locals start pouring in after lunchtime. It’ll still be busy but likely not shoulder to shoulder in WS till later in the day.

Definitely don't drive. Take Disney transportation if possible, even if you go to the transportation center and monorail over. Traffic is a beast. The park is doable, especially Future World. Mexico was busier than usual, but we did the ride with a little wait. We had a fp for Frozen and went during the week to do the countries and get autographs. We always get a PPO breakfast at the Garden Grill to get Soarin and Test Track without fps

Everyday during Food and Wine is swamped, weekend or weekday. The earlier in the day you visit, the better. If trying to avoid crowds, I'd do as much of the WS as possible first, then do the front of the park attractions late day. Epcot is a slow down and enjoy the surroundings type park anyway, but the F&W crowd can get a little crazy late at night.

Definitely don't drive. Take Disney transportation if possible, even if you go to the transportation center and monorail over. Traffic is a beast. The park is doable, especially Future World. Mexico was busier than usual, but we did the ride with a little wait. We had a fp for Frozen and went during the week to do the countries and get autographs. We always get a PPO breakfast at the Garden Grill to get Soarin and Test Track without fps
[/QUOTE

If I take an Uber/Disney bus or Minnie van do we still sit in the same traffic as those trying to park?

Last edited:
Food and wine turns into drink and barf on long weekends. We avoid all weekends and try to be out of World Showcase befor 3:00 pm weekdays.

Usually we rope drop and leave around 1:00. Then come back around 4:00. We have 6:45 reservations at Via Napoli. If we do future world from 9:00-11:00 and then WS from 11:00-1:00, would that work out okay? I’m trying to figure out what park to swap out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter