Is everything normal in your neck of the woods?

dclpluto

DIS Veteran
Yes another cornovirus thread here on the disboards. Just what we needed. Lol
If you wasn’t on the internet or watch tv or radio would you know anything was going on?

Everything is normal in south jersey.

post where you are from.

Some schools closed here (northwest NJ) but not many. No one in my community is diagnosed, but our doctor's office sent us an email telling us to call before we come in if we suspect that we might be infected with this virus, so yes, we would know.

But, by and large, everyone is going about their lives as normal.

Other than no disinfectants or hand sanitizes in CVS things seem to be normal here (Montgomery County, MD). We were out an about a lot this weekend and places were packed! (CVS, DSW, lunch places, National Parks.)

And we had 3 positive cases over the weekend. The 4th was confirmed today.

Other than no disinfectants or hand sanitizes in CVS things seem to be normal here (Montgomery County, MD). We were out an about a lot this weekend and places were packed! (CVS, DSW, lunch places, National Parks.)

And we had 3 positive cases over the weekend. The 4th was confirmed today.
I’m in Harford county MD and also besides no hand sanitizer I probably wouldn’t think anything is out of the ordinary. But Last night we got a phone call that someone tested positive and is in our hospital which is right down the road. So that alone is starting to make people nervous.

7 people have it here in Chicago but if I didn't watch news or read these boards I wouldn't know anything was going on. :)

For the most part normal (Northern VA). Costco, though, was WAY more crowded at opening time on Sunday morning than usual. Lots more visible panic buying. No sanitizers or wipes and Wegman's was out of liquid hand soap. The other weird thing (and I posted this yesterday): I could not get "family packs" of pork tenderloin in either Wegman's or Costco. At Wegman's all of the large pieces of salmon were gone and at Costco, they still had them but they were $3.00 higher per pound than normal. These are items I regularly buy and to see that change in one week was odd.

Normal in Pittsburgh area as far as I can tell, except when I went to a hospital satellite center to have blood drawn this morning they asked me if I had been out of the country in the last month (no) or if I was experiencing flu-like symptoms (no) or was around anyone who was sick (no). There are no reported cases in the area yet.

Stopped at Starbucks after my blood draw and they had a sign they are temporarily not using refillable cups.

Last edited:
Yup. Other than some empty TP and hand sanitizer shelves.

That pretty much sums it up at my nearest Meijer in Mid Michigan.

They did ask me last Friday at the hospital when I went in for my weekly infusion if I had been out of the country or exposed to the virus.

Mostly normal in Orange County, CA. However, you don't need to watch the news or be online to know about the virus. Notices have popped up at doctor's offices, shelves at stores in certain sections are completely bare (wipes, TP, cleaning products, medicines/first aid supplies). People are talking about it out in town (cashiers are bringing it up at checkouts, etc).

We have had confirmed cases since January (?...maybe early Feb...whenever the first US case was confirmed, because it was here) , so it has been on people's minds for awhile.

All is normal here in Dayton Ohio. No hand sanitzer anywhere but TP is still plentiful enough and bottled water is present but getting harder to buy.

I needed to pick up a flat because I take bottles on my shift and they were maybe at 1/8 the stock they usually have.

People are buying up hand sanitizer and Lysol wipes up here. We still have TP, so the world hasn’t ended yet.

Upstate NY and yes.

The local schools are implementing online systems to use in case of quarantine, and working very closely with hospitals. There are wash your hands signs everywhere.

What really made me realize how real this was getting was the online classes system. No one had ever talked about that before, and to invest that and not preparing to use it doesn't seem likely.

Winnipeg, Manitoba and it’s life as usual. That’s usually the case though, unless we’re having a Whiteout in May :worship::worship:

We have multiple cases locally now - but not much has changed. Schools start planned spring break on Thursday and I'm sure the administration just really wants to get to that point and then have a week and a half to see what they should do next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter