Is it always this noisy?

MamaRa08

Earning My Ears
First night of our first ever stay at FW. Tent camping at pop up/tent site. Things were going well until bedtime. There’s what sounds like a concert or dance club blaring, I’m sure coming over the water. Woke both kids up and one can’t go back to sleep bc the party keeps raging. We hear every word to every song, the dj, and the crowd cheering. Is it like this every night? We are talking of packing up and changing to a hotel tomorrow if this is the norm. It’s 2 am and we tired!

This is not usual. I wonder if there was a Super Bowl party somewhere?

All the park hours listed here on the DIS showed the parks closing at 9pm last night.

I wonder if it was an event related to the SB at the Four Seasons resort which is across the canal from 1500-1600-1800. That hotel is a little more than half a mile away from those loops. And a party could have been outside at some pavilion or by a pool.

Bama Ed

Please let us know if it happens again so we can discount the Super Bowl theory if so...

-Cy

I mentioned it in passing to our bus driver this morning, and he said MK had a special event for the cheerleader groups until 2 am. I asked if he knew if they had one this evening, and he said yes, but he believed it was at Hollywood.

I mentioned it in passing to our bus driver this morning, and he said MK had a special event for the cheerleader groups until 2 am. I asked if he knew if they had one this evening, and he said yes, but he believed it was at Hollywood.

I learned something new tonight. ::yes::

There had been references in the past to times when the MK closed early for private special events (the Gartner Group for example....) but a special late night event for energetic young people just might have rung out across the waters..... :music:

Given the times I've heard the Main Street locomotive whistle over at the Fort (when the wind blows the sound bits in the right direction) to my campsite in the 100 Preferred Loop section, I'm not surprised. :sad2:

You're never too old to learn things, tiggerdad! (darn youngster!). :teacher: Us old folk can learn still learn things - isn't that right Teamubr? (That's what Teamubr keeps telling me anyway .... :confused3 )

Ed

PS - MamRa08, I hope the rest of your Fort stay is more restful. :cloud9:

I learned something new tonight. ::yes::

There had been references in the past to times when the MK closed early for private special events (the Gartner Group for example....) but a special late night event for energetic young people just might have rung out across the waters..... :music:

Given the times I've heard the Main Street locomotive whistle over at the Fort (when the wind blows the sound bits in the right direction) to my campsite in the 100 Preferred Loop section, I'm not surprised. :sad2:

You're never too old to learn things, tiggerdad! (darn youngster!). :teacher: Us old folk can learn still learn things - isn't that right Teamubr? (That's what Teamubr keeps telling me anyway .... :confused3 )

Ed

PS - MamRa08, I hope the rest of your Fort stay is more restful. :cloud9:

Youngster!?

My gray hairs are multiplying faster than I care to mention. I'm not at the point yet though that my oldest DD is teaching me anything about computers but I'm sure it isn't far away.

Hopefully the party will not keep things too rowdy.

I'm still trying to figure out something. How is it that there was a late party for pretty cheerleaders and none of my girlfriends invited me? :confused3

I'm still trying to figure out something. How is it that there was a late party for pretty cheerleaders and none of my girlfriends invited me? :confused3

I'm trying to explain it but I can't seem to make it work ...

giphy.gif

Bama Ed

PS - I've heard Illuminations fireworks from Epcot and all kinds of sounds from Magic Kingdom so because the land is so flat, it's not surprising that sound carries so much.

Last edited:
There are some peculiar acoustics in that area. When we were in the northern end of the 2000 loop, you could hear the Electrical Water Pageant like it was basically happening right outside our tent. Looking at maps, I still have no idea how it happened, but we heard it clear as day every night we were at our site.

We are in site 612 this week. Can anyone tell me who/where live acoustic music was coming from around 10-11pm last night? It wasn't the usual singalong before the movie at the meadows, that's expected, , this was much later and seemed farther away but I could still identify songs. Beatles, etc.. It wasn't too bad in our trailer but we also have a tent on our site and it was louder for them.

First night of our first ever stay at FW. Tent camping at pop up/tent site. Things were going well until bedtime. There’s what sounds like a concert or dance club blaring, I’m sure coming over the water. Woke both kids up and one can’t go back to sleep bc the party keeps raging. We hear every word to every song, the dj, and the crowd cheering. Is it like this every night? We are talking of packing up and changing to a hotel tomorrow if this is the norm. It’s 2 am and we tired!
Were the rest of the nights just as noisy as the first night from an organized Disney event? Or, did you ask to be moved to a hotel room? Just curious about how this unfortunate Disney adventure ended and how Disney hospitality handled it. The Fort is usually such a welcomed respite amongst all the happy craziness that it's really a shame this happened to you.

I avoid the Fort on marathon weekends. Fireworks start at the crack of dawn and are set off every five minutes thereafter.

I tried to change resorts (on our dime--not trying to get anything out of them) but was told there was not a single available room at any resort on property. (Seriously, does Disney sell out in Feb?) We ended up getting a room at a DS hotel and liked it so much we might start staying off site from now on. Never thought I’d say that! The next few nights may have ended up quiet and peaceful, but we didn’t wait around to find out. We were exhausted and knew we couldn’t do Disney on no sleep. They comped us that night though, which was nice of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter