Is it feasible to walk between RPR and SF or Aventura?

We'reGoingToDisney

Mouseketeer
I am probably over thinking things, but I currently have a standard 2-queen room booked at RPR for 5 nights near the end of August 2023. We will be myself, DH, and twins DS17 and DD17. We did a previous trip in Aug 2019 when the kids were 13 and we stayed at PBH in a 2-queen bed room. We were ok on that trip, but the kids were smaller and I think the room at PBH was larger than the one at RPR will be. Now DS17 is nearly 5’11” and can easily take up the whole bed by himself.

i have played around with scenarios involving booking us into a family suite at Cabana Bay then adding a room at RPR for fewer nights to cover our park days so we still have EPs for all of our days (and even booking two separate one night stays (eg Sunday night then Tuesday night to cover Sunday-Wednesday for EP)) but with the Savvy Traveller rate offering increasingly better pricing the more nights you stay, it works out to make sense to book RPR for 5 nights and add a room somewhere else for a few nights to give us some extra space. And then we’d have two bathrooms, which we wouldn’t get with any of the family suite options.

my DH thinks we will be fine in one room at RPR, so tired from our park days that it doesn’t matter where we sleep. But I am worried we will all get cranky with each other, especially since we will be moving on to Disney for 7 nights afterwards, staying at YC and CR where we will all be in one room (but at least have a daybed for one of the kids to sleep on).

I can book another 2-queen bed room at either Aventura or Sapphire Falls, and would probably do it for 4 nights instead of 5 (the final 4) to save a bit of money but also to make sure on that first morning we are all together and know where to go, etc. SF would be a bit more than Aventura, but it seems more appealing design wise (and nicer pool. I know we can pool hop but it would be a lot easier to just have a room key already that works for the SF pool). Then we could split up, maybe DH and DS sleeping in one room and DD and myself in the other (obviously all registered guests at RPR for the EPs).

But how hard is it to walk between the those hotels? Are they sufficiently far apart that this is a terrible idea? Or is it feasible? Would you do it? Would one be more convenient, between Aventura and SF?

For context, we’re looking at rates of about $350 at RPR and $170 at Aventura and $215 at SF. Two rooms at RPR is just too much extra money, I couldn‘t justify it! I’m having a hard time convincing myself to even consider SF over Aventura, price wise. (a deluxe room at HRH with 2-queens and a sofa bed is $630 on our nights, so either of the 2nd room options works out to be cheaper than that, too, and gives us real beds and 2 bathrooms)

Not a crazy idea at all.

SF is attached to RP through an internal path past the business/conference/ballroom area and it is a short 5-7 minute walk between the two, and all inside which is nice in the heat.

We make this walk often minus luggage, we go between the two often as we stay at one or the other and still make our way back to the other for restaurants and so on.

Aventura is also close, it`s only a few moments walk from the entrance to SF to the entrance of Aventura.

SF is MUCH nicer than Aventura, imo of course :)

It's super easy to walk from RPR to SF. The distance is probably similar to walking from one side of RPR to the other. I haven't walked to Adventura to know exactly how close it is, but it's not that much farther.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-17 12.08.26.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-17 12.08.26.png
    898.5 KB · Views: 23
Not a crazy idea at all.

SF is attached to RP through an internal path past the business/conference/ballroom area and it is a short 5-7 minute walk between the two, and all inside which is nice in the heat.

We make this walk often minus luggage, we go between the two often as we stay at one or the other and still make our way back to the other for restaurants and so on.

Aventura is also close, it`s only a few moments walk from the entrance to SF to the entrance of Aventura.

I didn't actually know you could go through the convention center, although I know they share, so it makes sense. But the outside walk isn't bad either.

I didn't actually know you could go through the convention center, although I know they share, so it makes sense. But the outside walk isn't bad either.
:thumbsup2

lol.....there`s a joke among the hotel staff we have our own well worn path between the two hotels!!

Yes, it`s an easy walk and in August I imagine the aircon would be appreciated.

lol.....there`s a joke among the hotel staff we have our own well worn path between the two hotels!!

I'd be willing to bet that you & Tom might be the world record holders for amount of times walked from RPR to SF! :laughing:

For sure if you excluded staff members.

Now that I've thought about it, I think maybe I did know, and then completely forgot about it! My Dad is local, but when I visit we stay at RPR for Express Pass. One trip we could only get a cheap AP rate for 1 night at RPR, so because we were curious about SF, we booked 1 night there too. I have a vague memory of some décor, while we walked over to check-in / get breakfast buffet at Amatista's. But it was in the before times, and my brain has since turned to mush.

Not a crazy idea at all.

This right here!! Totally agree. We take this walk often and usually opt to use it over the boats. Ducking in from the heat and/or rain is glorious. Plus it’s always interesting to see what conferences are going on as we walk by. One time they were setting up for a prom.

Not a crazy idea at all.

Good to know this isn't a crazy idea! I have booked a room at SF for now, all cancellable if I decide closer to the date that I'm being ridiculous and we could all survive in the one room.

FWIW, our family stayed in a RPR room one night with 2 kids 5 & 7 and we thought it was way too small for us to spend any more time beyond a night's stay. It's a lot smaller than Portofino. I think your instincts are correct and the walk is very quick between SF & RPH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter