Is it OK for a male to run Tinker Bell or Princess?

sqpcsqpc

Mouseketeer
I have completed one Run Disney race and had a great time. It is hard for me to get to more due to work schedules. I noticed on the Run Disney web-site Tinker Bell and Princess weekends are "women themed". Is it OK for Men to run these? It would not bother me but I do not want to breach some form of etiquette or unwritten rule. It would allow me greater flexibility.

Sorry if this has been asked. I looked back a handful of pages and did not see this addressed.

My dad and husband ran the princess races with me last year! It was a large ratio of women to men but we still saw a decent amount of guys out there.

I'll be running Princess in three weeks. I've heard mixed things...we'll see what happens haha

Of course...just know that you'll be outnumbered (10% or so of runners are men). Men aren't allowed in the elite corral or corral A and can't win awards in the half. Just make sure you choose men's cut shirts at registration. :)

I'll be running both of them this year, and I've been to both weekends in the past. There won't be much in the way of official race merchandise for you that's men's and you'll be majorly outnumbered during the races but they're still lots of fun.

I ran with my wife last year and this year I'm running with my brother in law. I really didn't think anything about it. They are a lot of fun.

No. its only for women. You will be thrown to the hippos on the jungle cruise if you are male and try to run in it. Just kidding.

I think the only thing is if you are male is that you cannot be in corral A

Just to add... I am a guy and ran Princess. like people said, you will be severely outnumbered. I ran in princess and it was not that bad. The good: as there wasn't anything that interested me, I ran through the photo stops and set a PR. The bad: when people ask me what and where was my PR for a half was, I have to say Princess.

I have ran both. And had no problem with either about feeling out of place.

Princess was an absolute blast. For the 10K wore a pink crown (you can but at Germany in Epcot) and the back of my tee said "just trying to catch a prince like the rest of you" For the half wore wings that matched our team jerseys. Great attitudes all around. just one of the most "fun" disney weekends I have been to.

I have completed one Run Disney race and had a great time. It is hard for me to get to more due to work schedules. I noticed on the Run Disney web-site Tinker Bell and Princess weekends are "women themed". Is it OK for Men to run these? It would not bother me but I do not want to breach some form of etiquette or unwritten rule. It would allow me greater flexibility.

Sorry if this has been asked. I looked back a handful of pages and did not see this addressed.

I saw plenty of guys at Princess last year. I remember a trio of them who all dressed as different princesses with wigs and everything. They were a riot and looked like they were having a great time. It's a Princess theme, not Princess-only.

I recommend going for it and dressing up and having fun...

My husband in 2016:

8gw0GIi.jpg

I think as long as your money is green or CC has funds available you're good. I mean it is disney afterall.

I hope to run in Tink, and I'm a guy. Just waiting for the travel agent fire sales before I commit. I also need a good POT race for the marathon since my times from last year are injury based. I think the added benefit of chasing girls will help me do well.

The other option for me is to run the Divas Half series, though i don't look good in tutus so would rather like to avoid those. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter