Is It Okay For Me To Usse My Auto Insurance Rental While At Wdw?

PAMFORDHAM

Earning My Ears
I was recently in a minor fender bender and the insurance auditor has said the insurance will pay for me to rent a car for 5 days while my van is getting fixed. My question is since I wont need the rental (a family friend has offered to take out the small dent for free, says it is small stuff, Ill just need to pay for the touch up paint.) can I use the 5 days rental while we are vacationing at wdw. I know that I pay extra in my premiums for rental coverage, but is it still morally right to not use it if I don't really need it. I am also wanting to use the $700 for our trip, since I wont need to take the van to the shop. Am I just horrible to do this? It would sure make it so we could do our vacation sooner.:bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc

You probably won't be able to do it. Usually when you get a rental through your insurance company, they tell you where you have to get the car and they set it up. I guess you could tell them that you were going to have it fixed while you were at WDW, but they still probably wouldn't do it since the rental prices are probably much higher in Orlando.

What it comes down to is that you'll have to ask. I don't think they ever give vouchers or anything like that, so they'll know where and when you get the car.

Just for your information, rental prices of cars in Orlando are some of the cheapest in the country because of the high rental traffic amount.

I deal with insurance companies daily as I am personal injury paralegal. The insurance company will not give you the rental to use in Florida but they will give you reimbursement for loss of use for the number of days that it will take to get your car fixed. I hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter