is it possible to pay to upgrade to concierge at VWL?

BethA

DIS Veteran
We have stayed at concierge levels at some of the WDW resorts, but have not done that much since we bought DVC. We have a trip coming up to VWL, is it at all possible to pay to upgrade to a concierge room if any are available at check in?
thanks.
beth

There isn't a concierge level at VWL--just various types of villas.

There is a concierge level at the Wilderness Lodge hotel, but that's a completely separate entity from the DVC resort.

Think of WL and VWL as sister resorts. They're right next to each other and they share some facilies, but that's all they have in common. Otherwise they're completely different resorts.

That's my mistake for not being clear. I know it is not the villas that have the concierge level, but the actual hotel. So even though the Villas have nothing of their own there but the small pool, they are a totally separate entity? It would be impossible to change from the one to the other?

The Villas share the facilities-shop and restaurant of the resort, and of course that is where you check in, so I was just hoping it was possible.

Have there been any changes there the past 2 years since we stayed there? I always hated the walk to Roaring Forks since we always are "lucky" enough to get the farthest room away.

It would be impossible to change from the one to the other?
Yup, impossible.

PS One of my favorite things to do is walk fro VWL to Roaring Forks. You get to ring the bell!

It is best to think of it this way. DCV villas that have a "sister hotel" share common guest and recreation facilities, they do NOT share room inventories.

Oh well, I had read such great things recenly about the WL concierge level. Just my 10 yr old son and I are traveling, so I thought it would be great to enjoy the lounge in the mornings if he was sleeping in, and the late night cordials.

We originally booked Vwl, but I put us on the waitlist after getting a letter that the big pool will be closed. Since we are within 30 days and no luck, I guess we'll be squished in the pool with everyone else and fighting for a lounge chair--just my luck.

Oh well, I had read such great things recenly about the WL concierge level. Just my 10 yr old son and I are traveling, so I thought it would be great to enjoy the lounge in the mornings if he was sleeping in, and the late night cordials.

We originally booked Vwl, but I put us on the waitlist after getting a letter that the big pool will be closed. Since we are within 30 days and no luck, I guess we'll be squished in the pool with everyone else and fighting for a lounge chair--just my luck.

Not sure when you will be there but we just got back and there were more ducks than humans in the pools. Maybe it will not be so bad.

If you paid for your room through CRO I dont see any reason why you couldnt switch other than lack of availability. It would be the equivalent of switching to another hotel however.

was the main pool already closed?

We will be there President's week-end, so it might be busy at the pool, if it is warm enough. Last year we had 2 great days and 2 cold days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter