Is it too late for Free Dining?

tweetylori

DIS Veteran
I don't see anything on Disney's site or the home page here about Free Dining. Is it too late to get in on it? If not...how do you access where to book it?

I believe that it is too late. I am sorry. Originally you had to book by June 4 but they did extend it until June 25. So you missed it by one day. (unless they have extended it again and I just haven't heard about it. ) You had to book by yesterday and travel dates were mid August through Sept. 30.

I just booked yesterday for Sept 10-16 with the DDP for Pop Century. If you call later in the evening supposedly you are put through to the florida call center and the people there seem more willing to work with you. I have to agree completely. I was all set up and ready to rock in less than 30 minutes with the dining plan for free as was supposedly stopped on the 25th. It seems that they want the business because the lady I talked to was very helpful and said it was no problem to use the "expired" deal.

Thanks for the info. May I ask how much you have to pay for the room to get the free dining? I'd be interested in Pop as well.

tweetylori said:
Thanks for the info. May I ask how much you have to pay for the room to get the free dining? I'd be interested in Pop as well.

regular rack rates, but you also have to buy atleast one park ticket for how many ever days you will be dining...or atleast thats what i think, i know you have to buy a ticket. ARent rack rooms 79.00 at POP? I knwo they were around 130 at POR.

My deal was 2 adults for 6 nights with 6 day park hopper/water park tickets and the dining plan. It came to be about $1200 with trip insurance.

nurseypoo5 said:
regular rack rates, but you also have to buy atleast one park ticket for how many ever days you will be dining...or atleast thats what i think, i know you have to buy a ticket. ARent rack rooms 79.00 at POP? I knwo they were around 130 at POR.
You pay the rack rate for value season for the room. For POP that would be $79/night plus tax. Everyone in the room must get at least a 1-day base ticket in order for it to qualify as a package.

The longer anyone waits after the promotion ends, the less likely they are to be able to get it.

As for aavacations.com, the site apparently displays some inaccurate information; also, it doesn't appear to be available any longer, even from that website.

Sorry for my ignorance, but we booked in early June with our DVC points - is the free dining available to us as well? Do we have to purchase park tickets first? I don't believe any one offered it to us. We are new to DVC and the dining plan. Sorry if these are stuipd questions.

domiii said:
Sorry for my ignorance, but we booked in early June with our DVC points - is the free dining available to us as well? Do we have to purchase park tickets first? I don't believe any one offered it to us. We are new to DVC and the dining plan. Sorry if these are stuipd questions.

The DVC member that booked our reservation indicated it on our reservation and we do not pay for it until we check in. Received my confirmation in the mail yesterday and it is listed on there. :Pinkbounc but it does coincide with the number of days of your reservation.

domiii said:

Free dining is not available if you are staying on points. However, you may purchase the DDP and pay for it at check-in.... just make sure you indicate on your reservation that you would like to buy it. You do not have to purchase park tickets to qualify.

DD (19) and I have added an August trip staying at POFQ to take advantage of free DDP. :cool1: This is our trip to EAT! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter