Is it worth it?

ticketwm35

Mouseketeer
heres the question.I need to figure out by 8/30 if I should buy or not.We don't do disney but every 5 yearsbbut we travel to other place.Would be buying into hilton head which is closer to our house anyway might go there more often.We like nice accomadation.Should buy this or look into the marriott.Thanks

Leslie

We've been DVCrs since 95 and have added on 7 additional times! Best deal we ever did!

We hadn't gone to Disney alot before, but now we can't get enough of it!

We're going on 4 vacation this year!

June - VB
June - DCL Magic
September - WDW
November - WDW
December - WDW

And next June we're doing the Western Caribbean cruise!!!!

We saved a ton of money by buying and will have for an additional 40 so years!

I figured we'll go to Disney until my 5 yo ds is about 10 and go less, but go to other places in the country. Definitely want to trade it for a Hawaiian getaway. When my ds is older, he can use it for Spring Break (alot less drugs and alcohol in WDW then in Cancun or St. Thomas). Then, when he marries, he can use it for his honeymoon!

I think it's wonderful and take every advantage for a trip!

Not if you're going to Disney once every 5 years. It's great for those that are using the system to their advantage though. For exchanging, Marriott is likely a better choice at this time. You never know when things will change though.

I have to agree with Dean. If you don't plan on using DVC for WDW trips every other year or so, maybe the other timeshare would be a better choice for you. You would be giving up on-site stays which are so important to most of us, but exchanging DVC that often would not be good use of it. DVC tends to be more costly than other standard timeshares. I wouldn't trade my DVC for the world, but we like to go to WDW at least once or twice a year, so it makes sense for us.

I have exchanged with Marriott twice now and I plan to continue to investigate exchange options with Marriott in the future. They have beautiful accomodations that are in my option equal to disney and are very well spread out around the world. I have stayed on 7 day exchanges at Boston Harbor view, Cypress Harbor Orlando, and now at Brechenridge
Colorado this spring. I plan to continue with at least one Marriott exchange per year for as long as I can. So far it has worked out great for me and the point exchange has bee excellent (It helps if you aim for the 1 bedroom instead of the 2 bedroom). I have also attended the sales presentation with Marriott and I tend to think they are even more pricy than DVC. Perhaps I'm bias but I am thankful that I own DVC because it is much more flexible than Marriott. One drawback that I find in DVc when making exchanges, however, is that DVC only allows exchanges with 5 star resorts which limits you options (but at least gaurentees you top quality accoomodations). If you are not sure you should take the Marriott tour and sales presentation to compare. The big difference is that Marriot like most other timeshares only take 7 day reservations and DVC has no restrictions on the number of days for reservations unless you trade out of dvc.

ok I thought that mvc cost more than disney.What I like about dvc is that you can just use it for days and a whole week.Can't I trade dvc to use mvc?Our home resort would be hilton head is that a nice resort?I need to figure it out by tuesday need to give down payment which at this point is 500.00 if I wait then it goes up.
Leslie

You can always make your deposit and get all the paperwork and contracts. If after reading them and having more time to think about it you decide that DVC is not for you, then you can cancel within 14 days with no penalty.

I don't plan to do Disney with my wife as often as I used to, but my children will be using it extensively adn when we have grandchildren it will again become the vacation of choice. My wife and I intend to use Vero and Hilton Head more often. Even if going to WDW every year seems out of the quetion - you have other options.

Originally posted by ticketwm35
Can't I trade dvc to use mvc?Our home resort would be hilton head is that a nice resort?

Neither one of them trades exceptionally well into the other, IMHO. DVC doesn't deposit many weeks, so it's very hard to trade into - not something to count on. And Marriott/II reserves the first 24 days after a Marriott deposit is made, for only other Marriott owners to request the week. So the prime Marriott weeks almost never get out to the general II membership (including DVC) - not something to count on.

The HHI DVC resort is very, very nice (it's our favorite DVC & our favorite HHI resort). You'll find lots of family-friendly activities, a pool slide & a kick-back feel that's hard to beat. OTOH, it's not beachfront. The DVC beach house is about a mile+ away from the main/lodging part of the resort. So even the rooms with a water view look out over the marsh, not the beach. If that matters to you, there are 3 oceanfront HHI Marriotts. It depends on what you like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter