Is it worth to stay on site to visit universal whilst staying at Disney?

OP95

Mouseketeer
Hi all ,

I will be visiting universal for two days on a solo trip . originally be on Disney property . I am pondering of the idea for booking one of the hotels at universal for the two days specifically the ones with the fast pass express included. What would your thoughts be on this? For royals pacific it’s about £400 for one night. Do you think this would be a good idea ? Mainly for the ease of travel and also The early entry for wizarding world and the fast passes. Though I understand the early entry will not work on the first day.

any advice would be appreciated

Just to note the early entry will work fine on both days - check in early, drop bags at hotel (probably bell services, the room is unlikely to be ready) then head to the parks.

Do note that there are more single rider lines than Disney and many are quite effective (Transformers, Spider-Man, MiB, Hulk, Mummy, Gringotts, & Forbidden Journey are the best. Rip Ride Rocket, Velocicoaster, and Hagrids also have one but it moves more slowly due to the 2 person seating configurations). That to say, you could consider one of the non-EP hotels & buying 1 day of EP and it would probably be more cost effective and not affect too many rides.

It depends on when you are going (holiday crowds?) your budget, and how much you love the Universal IP’s.

If you are on a tighter budget, not a big Harry Potter fan that needs to spend a few hours absorbing those lands and really just want to experience the rides and have a nice meal at City Walk then an adult traveling alone really doesn’t need to move onsite for just one night.

You should be able to use single rider lines and schedule your day however you want.

Of course my family loves Universal so if it isn’t stretching the budget we always recommend staying onsite even if it isn’t at one of the deluxe hotels with Express.

It depends on when you are going (holiday crowds?) your budget, and how much you love the Universal IP’s.

If you are on a tighter budget, not a big Harry Potter fan that needs to spend a few hours absorbing those lands and really just want to experience the rides and have a nice meal at City Walk then an adult traveling alone really doesn’t need to move onsite for just one night.

You should be able to use single rider lines and schedule your day however you want.

Of course my family loves Universal so if it isn’t stretching the budget we always recommend staying onsite even if it isn’t at one of the deluxe hotels with Express.
Hi ,I will be going at the beginning of next month and looking to book universal second week of November . I’m a massive HP Fan so this was one of the main reasons. but I love their other IPs as well, I did do single rider last trip and felt it was quite slow considering most families seemed to use that ( for some reason!)

I love staying in the universal bubble. Next week, I did book one night just for HHN, despite our having a Disney reservation at the same time. But I never saw a premier rate I could live with, so we’ll be at Sapphire Falls. Will definitely miss express this trip, but we’ll make it work. We do use single rider lines when possible, when they’re open, and so far it’s been good ar MiB, Gringotts, mummy, and Spidermsn. Not as fast as express, but better than regular. . I haven’t tried it at hagrids or VC, as I hear single rider doesn’t move as fast there. But I’d try and stay onsite somewhere just for convenience. Hope you have a great trip!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter