• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is ME Wheelchair accessible?

pixie08

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I am planning a trip next year with my family and my brother is in a motorized WC. We usually drive but since we were thinking poly and/or contemporary (easy access to parks for him on monorail) we thought we would fly! WILL DISNEY ACCOMADATE US WITH ME??? any suggestions on transfers from the airport? Thank you in advance!

According to the information released from Disney, the new Magical Express Busses have wheelchair lifts and two spots for wheelchairs/ECVs on each bus.

Also, Mears has 3-4 wheelchair vans that are available to be booked for $29 roundtrip per person to any Orlando area resort. Although there is no grocery stop with the Mears wheelchair van, it is usually a private direct ride, since the capacity is low.

Carol

The Magical Express buses have to be wheelchair accessible to meet the ADA (American with Disabilities Act). Everything I have read indicates the new buses purchased for that program were/are wheelchair accessible.
You will need to let them know that someone in your party has a wheelchair to transport when you make your arrangements. That way, they will save one of the spots on the bus for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter