IS the DDP going to restrict OOP for kid's?

3DisneyBuggs

DIS Veteran
I arranged my ADR's so that two day we have 2 TS. One breakfast and one dinner. I was planning on paying OOP for my kids a couple of times or having my DD share with DS. One day I am paying OOP for all to save credits. Will this be a problem too?

Only Disney knows. No one here knows what they are planning. Until there is an official release from Disney or a change to the DDP brochure, we can do nothing but speculate. (and I don't think a random email from Disney Dining is necessarily official since those responses change depending upon the day)

Also, a lot depends on the restaurant itself and what the management there has decided.

All you can do is plan things like you'd like and make changes as needed once you arrive and find out how restaurants are handling things.

3DisneyBuggs said:
I arranged my ADR's so that two day we have 2 TS. One breakfast and one dinner. I was planning on paying OOP for my kids a couple of times or having my DD share with DS. One day I am paying OOP for all to save credits. Will this be a problem too?

Unless the children are not eating with you each time you have a meal planned why would you only save their credits? You will need to save some credits for everyone on the day you have 2 TS on the same day.

You should have no problem paying OOP for everyone, as they would not even know you were on the plan.

If you have a day where you are planning to use 2 TS for everyone, then on another day simply use 2 CS for that day.

Sort of a related question....

We're planning on using the DDP for us and DS (7) but DD will be 2 so not on dining plan. Is there going to be a problem if we decide to pay OOP for her at TS & CS? I didn't think so at first but now that I've been reading about how they are cracking down on not allowing DDP & OOP at the same time, I'm a little leary.

Is this going to cause problems where they may use one of DS's credits for her also?

Stimpy said:
Sort of a related question....

We're planning on using the DDP for us and DS (7) but DD will be 2 so not on dining plan. Is there going to be a problem if we decide to pay OOP for her at TS & CS? I didn't think so at first but now that I've been reading about how they are cracking down on not allowing DDP & OOP at the same time, I'm a little leary.

Is this going to cause problems where they may use one of DS's credits for her also?

You will have no problems buying/paying OOP for your 2 year old as she's not on the plan anyway. Of course, if you want to buy her food, you can. I think, though, that there is SO much food, you may not need to! :thumbsup2

You room card will indicate clearly 2A (two adults, no children) so there will be no reason to believe you're trying to pay OOP for your two year old in order to abuse the plan. However, while that might make logical sense, it may be easier for WDW, the restaurant, or the server to just impose a no sharing policy to confront actual abuse, and thereby you might be affected by that -- as sort-of an innocent bystander.

3DisneyBuggs said:

You cannot save the child credits to use for TS for adults. But on the day that you want to pay OOP for all, just tell them you are not on the dining plan and they will not know the difference. You are paying for all not some.

I was trying to pick and choose the least $$ to pay OOP for so one day the kids pay OOP and another we do. It sounds confusing but it works out on paper. I won't be using child credits for adults. I think I've spent too much time doing the grocery savings game that now I have to do the save the most on the dining plan game.

3DisneyBuggs said:
I was trying to pick and choose the least $$ to pay OOP for so one day the kids pay OOP and another we do. It sounds confusing but it works out on paper. I won't be using child credits for adults. I think I've spent too much time doing the grocery savings game that now I have to do the save the most on the dining plan game.
That is exactly what I was originally planning to do. Which I still think is a good idea, especially if you are not trying to cheat the system. But then I realized since we actually have more TS's than TS credits the easiest and hassle free way was to pay out of pockets for the entire meals that are the cheapest and use credits for all at the most expensive places. This wouldn't work if you are sticking to one TS and one CS per day though. :wave2:

we're going to pay oop for myself and dh for one meal, probably breakfast at Ohana's so we can use our credit for lecellier dinner. that way we are saving our own credit, not trying to use a child credit, and while we still have to pay oop for a meal, I'd rather it only be $36 plus tax and tip rather than a much more expensive dinner at lecellier. Other than that we didn't really book any signature restauarants, but sometimes some of the 2 credit ones seems like you owuld be better off paying oop than use 2 credits anyway, ie CRT. a second credit just for a picture package?? no way! especially cause me and dh wouldn't even want our pic, just the kids, so we both waste a credit for nothing. we did get a chance to eat there before they changed it, this past jan, and we loved it!!! I just couldn't justify 2 credits, so it would have to be oop at this point.

Adding the included picture package was how Disney justified increasing the price and increasing it to two credits.

I guess you could insist you don't want to get your picture taken BUT the price won't be reduced.

I'll agree, in general the two credit meals are not a good buy.

rainy~daze said:
we're going to pay oop for myself and dh for one meal, probably breakfast at Ohana's so we can use our credit for lecellier dinner. that way we are saving our own credit, not trying to use a child credit, and while we still have to pay oop for a meal, I'd rather it only be $36 plus tax and tip rather than a much more expensive dinner at lecellier. Other than that we didn't really book any signature restauarants, but sometimes some of the 2 credit ones seems like you owuld be better off paying oop than use 2 credits anyway, ie CRT. a second credit just for a picture package?? no way! especially cause me and dh wouldn't even want our pic, just the kids, so we both waste a credit for nothing. we did get a chance to eat there before they changed it, this past jan, and we loved it!!! I just couldn't justify 2 credits, so it would have to be oop at this point.

LeCellier is just one table service (not signature), unless that changed in the last week or so.

We have CRT, too, for two adults and two kids, but I'm thinking of paying OOP for Sci-Fi, the least expensive TS among my ADRs. At Sci-Fi, my DH and I can share one of the entrees ($11+) and skip the appetizer/dessert. So I thought Sci-Fi should be the meal we pay OOP. It seems like people are saying CRT should be the meal to pay OOP for, though. But in my case, don't you think it should be Sci-Fi, especially since my DH and I will share a meal?

anneofgreengables said:
We have CRT, too, for two adults and two kids, but I'm thinking of paying OOP for Sci-Fi, the least expensive TS among my ADRs. At Sci-Fi, my DH and I can share one of the entrees ($11+) and skip the appetizer/dessert. So I thought Sci-Fi should be the meal we pay OOP. It seems like people are saying CRT should be the meal to pay OOP for, though. But in my case, don't you think it should be Sci-Fi, especially since my DH and I will share a meal?
Not sure, you would need to do the math because CRT takes TWO of your credits so depending on where you other ADR's are, you might consider paying the $31-$39 (don't know if you are going for Breakfast, lunch or dinner) which takes TWO credits vs. being able to use EACH of those credits for meals of about that value or greater. Even at Sci-Fi for dinner, you're probably looking at $25 for dinner for just one credit. I know some of the meals we are planning could run $40+/person in value and only use one credit.
Did that make any sense?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter