Is their an issue that can stop you from

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
being friends with someone ? a lot of people got to have similar world views, politics, religion or any important issue or even education. not me I got friends who are all over the place in what they believe. BUT I cant get past a person who has an odor about them

no stanky people around low-key

being friends with someone ? a lot of people got to have similar world views, politics, religion or any important issue or even education. not me I got friends who are all over the place in what they believe. BUT I cant get past a person who has an odor about them

no stanky people around low-key
::yes:: Yep - I could not casually associate with, let alone be friends with somebody who proved themselves to be cruel, untrustworthy and dishonest. I've known people who do things like laugh when a homeless person on the corner gets splashed with slush and/or brags about things they've stolen and ways they've cheated. Sorry - I'm out.

::yes:: Yep - I could not casually associate with, let alone be friends with somebody who proved themselves to be cruel, untrustworthy and dishonest. I've known people who do things like laugh when a homeless person on the corner gets splashed with slush and/or brags about things they've stolen and ways they've cheated. Sorry - I'm out.

good and thought out list, but Ill stick with stanky people

Good list. I’d add racist and/or a bigot. Also people who thrive on drama and being a victim. I have no time for that.

Good list. I’d add racist and/or a bigot. Also people who thrive on drama and being a victim. I have no time for that.
Bigot is one that gets applied a little too broadly these days for my liking. Probably 1/2 the people I know have some sort of ideology/world-view I consider problematic and they'd say the same about me. Who among us are bigots - all of us? In actuality, none of us because regardless of our personal beliefs and thoughts, we all behave in a civil manner out in the world, obey all the laws of the land and don't really have the power to infringe on anybody else's rights even if we wanted to. YMMV on this but as far as I'm concerned, thought-crimes aren't really crimes, at least not yet.

I don’t care where you fit on the political or religious scale, but if you’re obsessed with your particular brand of “whatever” to the point it’s all you can talk about, buh bye. I’d rather hang out with a reasonable person with whom I disagree on every topic than one with whom I agree if that second person is a complete blowhard.

Bigot is one that gets applied a little too broadly these days for my liking. Probably 1/2 the people I know have some sort of ideology/world-view I consider problematic and they'd say the same about me. Who among us are bigots - all of us? In actuality, none of us because regardless of our personal beliefs and thoughts, we all behave in a civil manner out in the world, obey all the laws of the land and don't really have the power to infringe on anybody else's rights even if we wanted to. YMMV on this but as far as I'm concerned, thought-crimes aren't really crimes, at least not yet.
I could be wrong but I don’t think she meant it as broadly as you describe. For me, if you’re openly bigoted against a class of people who happen to be different than you, we can’t hang. I just have no tolerance anymore for people who don’t have tolerance.

I don’t care where you fit on the political or religious scale, but if you’re obsessed with your particular brand of “whatever” to the point it’s all you can talk about, buh bye. I’d rather hang out with a reasonable person with whom I disagree on every topic than one with whom I agree if that second person is a complete blowhard.
Agreed, if you’re extreme even if I happen to agree with you, I’m out.

I can't stand rude people. You can be blunt like me but when you cross the line into meanness or rudeness I'm out. I also hate pushy people, especially if they're pushy about politics, MLMs or religion.

I could be wrong but I don’t think she meant it as broadly as you describe. For me, if you’re openly bigoted against a class of people who happen to be different than you, we can’t hang. I just have no tolerance anymore for people who don’t have tolerance.

Exactly. I’m not taking about having a point of view that differs from me, I’m talking out and out hate. For example, my bil was over a week ago and spent ten minutes ranting about how it was ‘the muslims’ fault that there are now lines for security at airports. He misses the days where you could show up for a flight ten minutes before departure. I wish I was kidding but sadly I’m not. I told him several times to stop and tried to change the subject. I finally said if you say one more word, I will show you the door because that stupidity isn’t welcome here. He got the hint and left.

Exactly. I’m not taking about having a point of view that differs from me, I’m talking out and out hate. For example, my bil was over a week ago and spent ten minutes ranting about how it was ‘the muslims’ fault that there are now lines for security at airports. He misses the days where you could show up for a flight ten minutes before departure. I wish I was kidding but sadly I’m not. I told him several times to stop and tried to change the subject. I finally said if you say one more word, I will show you the door because that stupidity isn’t welcome here. He got the hint and left.
I honestly can't remember the last time (if there was a last time) anybody talked like that in my presence. Who does that? :sad2: Especially when I'm sure the guy knew you wouldn't be putting up with it. Sounds SO stupid (and no, I don't mean ignorant); too dim to be an actual threat to anybody.

I would rather have a few true, close friends who have my back than a hundred acquaintances.

Things that prevent me from wanting to be around some of those acquaintances include hostile, pushy behavior about religion or political beliefs, racist remarks, or drama-seeking kings/queens. I can get along with pretty much anyone even if we don't see eye to eye on every issue, but please don't try to push your beliefs on me, please. It would take quite a lot to end a true friendship, but if the friendship no longer works, it no longer works.

I agree!! I have family and friends who have differing points of view than I do- have no problem with them. We just steer clear of talking about the usual no-nos- politics and religion. But I can't be around someone who INSISTS upon inflicting their opinion as "my way or the highway"

Bigot is one that gets applied a little too broadly these days for my liking. Probably 1/2 the people I know have some sort of ideology/world-view I consider problematic and they'd say the same about me. Who among us are bigots - all of us? In actuality, none of us because regardless of our personal beliefs and thoughts, obey
we all behave in a civil manner out in the world,
all the laws of the land and don't really have the power to infringe on anybody else's rights even if we wanted to. YMMV on this but as far as I'm concerned, thought-crimes aren't really crimes, at least not yet.
You must not be on Facebook or Twitter. There is daily proof people don't behave in a civil manner out in the world.

I honestly can't remember the last time (if there was a last time) anybody talked like that in my presence. Who does that? :sad2: Especially when I'm sure the guy knew you wouldn't be putting up with it. Sounds SO stupid (and no, I don't mean ignorant); too dim to be an actual threat to anybody.

Well gosh bless you, you are lucky because so Many sadly are now doing it in my world. It is so disturbing. And I don't put up with it and then I have family and people I love giving me the cold shoulder, shunning or worse. People I never heard do it before. Separating into tribes even from family, say what. It's coming about from the amount and acceptance of this kind of veiled or not so veiled talk like this from our infotainment opinion so called "news" and radio shows, social media and cough some of our leaders.

Last edited:
Some conspiracy theories are alarm bells for me: Flat-earthers, 9/11 truthers, Holocaust deniers, moon landing deniers.

White nationalists.

Also, there is a man in my development who uses his flagpole as a political message. For example, he flown his flag at half staff during the entire 8 years of the previous administration. Sometimes he switched it out for a Don't Tread on Me flag. I don't think I could be friends with this person -- not because of his opinions, but because of how he decided to share them with the development.

Some conspiracy theories are alarm bells for me: Flat-earthers, 9/11 truthers, Holocaust deniers, moon landing deniers.

White nationalists.

Also, there is a man in my development who uses his flagpole as a political message. For example, he flown his flag at half staff during the entire 8 years of the previous administration. Sometimes he switched it out for a Don't Tread on Me flag. I don't think I could be friends with this person -- not because of his opinions, but because of how he decided to share them with the development.

Yes. For me, anyone that watched (not sure if he is still on anywhere) Alex Jones, who promoted much of the above, and the day of the Sandy Hook shooting claimed it was a hoax and now instead of apologizing and is being sued, is claiming he was experiencing psychosis. Anyone that watched listens to any of those type shows.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter