• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is There Really Good Pizza in Disney?

I live near Toronto. I can get decent to exceptional of a lot of things. When it comes to pizza I'd rather pay a quarter of the price for freezer aisle pizza then the disappointment that is almost every pizza place around me.

That poutine tho

You know how weird it is to now find poutine everywhere? I saw it on a menu in New Zealand. It wasn't called poutine though, but 'Quebec'. It was this weird Quebecois thing and slowly creeped across Canada and has now gone global.

We do not care for Via Napoli. We found it to be mostly flavorless. Sadly, I would do Pizze Rizzo over Via Napoli. :( :crazy2:😲🤯

We saw Blaze Pizza has a good rating, but really was hoping for something that is not a chain. (we do not care for Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's, etc)
Yes, I get this sentiment. Neither one if great, but may as well pay less if you are going to get less.

I love these threads. Seems like many think the only good pizza is from where they live 😆 . Oh, Btw…I think trattoria Al forno for a has good pizza

I disagree that you can't find good pizza in Florida. In South Florida, we have a restaurant that serves excellent pizza. We also have a Blaze Pizza. I consider it fast food pizza that is cheaper that most pizza places near us. It will do for a cheap pizza in a hurry. If great pizza is your top priority, I wouldn't choose Blaze.
Stop, don't tell them about South Florida. We don't need more people here. HAHA But I agree. you 100% can find great pizza and bagels in South Florida. Hell, 60% of the people are from NYC or NJ.

You know how weird it is to now find poutine everywhere? I saw it on a menu in New Zealand. It wasn't called poutine though, but 'Quebec'. It was this weird Quebecois thing and slowly creeped across Canada and has now gone global.

Jersey has had diner fries for almost as long as poutine has been around. I do prefer poutine for the cheese curds, though.

Pronto Eataly Pizza in Champions Gate has so far been the only decent pizza in Florida that we have found. None of the ones on property are even as good as a frozen pizza. The worst we even had was Terralina at DS.It was just gross. We never leave leftover pizza. It becomes breakfast or a snack or another meal. We left that pizza. 🤮

It's only time before the Caesar and "All Dressed" follow.

Does anyone know if the gas stations on Disney property still make pizza? Many years ago when I was a CM at the MK, we would often order a lot of pizza from the one at the Car Care Center for our Cast. It was very cheap and not bad (I am not saying it is good pizza, but I don't remember it being awful - better than Domino's, though that may not be a high bar). It's been a LONG time since I've been in one, just wondering.

Does anyone know if the gas stations on Disney property still make pizza? Many years ago when I was a CM at the MK, we would often order a lot of pizza from the one at the Car Care Center for our Cast. It was very cheap and not bad (I am not saying it is good pizza, but I don't remember it being awful - better than Domino's, though that may not be a high bar). It's been a LONG time since I've been in one, just wondering.
I try to avoid gas station food; too many bad experiences. Except for Rudy's BBQ in Texas. It's pretty much a BBQ place that happens to have gas pumps. I have heard the pizza and sandwiches at Wawa are good though, for a gas station I suppose.

I try to avoid gas station food; too many bad experiences. Except for Rudy's BBQ in Texas. It's pretty much a BBQ place that happens to have gas pumps. I have heard the pizza and sandwiches at Wawa are good though, for a gas station I suppose.
I'm actually serious, a lot of CM's used to stop to get pizza there on their way home. It wasn't awful, especially for the price. And Wawa is very good! 😂

Personally I find it hard to find really good pizza in most places I've been in the US.

There are good places in Florida, and probably in every state, but finding them is not always so easy and I am not going to drive 40 minutes to get a pizza or pay $25 just to park down town, then wait an hour for a pizza no matter how good it is.

I have a friend in Jacksonville who is originally from NY and there is a place there he raves about, but for the most part he makes his own, same as do I.

It comes down to competition, and sadly for pizza it often that is all about price. So you skimp on ingredient quality, and use basic equipment.

Not Disney but Universal:
Aventura in Universal used to an excellent pizza back in 2018, but its gone down hill quite a bit since then to maintain the same price point.

The pizza place in Citywalk is not too bad for a theme park. Its a chain I think called Red Oven. I would not go out of my way for it, but its decent.

People also like the pizza place in Portofino Bay at Universal, Ive had it and its not bad, but I would not travel all they way over there to get it.

Sheetz …. Best gas station food

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter