Is this true????

Emmafleur

Mouseketeer
Just copied this from Facebook. Is it true that Pirates of the Caribbean is closed now until 2019?

We announced previously after a big announcement from Disney Parks Blog that Pirates of the Caribbean in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World would be closing in order to make a major, controversial change among Disney fans. This major change impacts the iconic and famous scene with the “redhead” where she appears at the “wench auction” and you hear the pirates chanting, “we’s wants the redhead.” With this change, the “redhead” will still be in the attraction, but with an entirely different role. The attraction has officially closed and isn’t expected to re-open until March 19th, 2019.

A Moana ride . . yes . . . instead of Pirates . . . I'll boycott Disney. Price increases, I live with them, cuts in hours, and service, I survive, they do something that stupid, I literally will not go back.
Everybody has their limits!

They can and should update it, but other than that, leave the carousel alone

They can and should update it, but other than that, leave the carousel alone

Oh my goodness, yes! I have been on a crusade to get them to update the CoP for ages. The final scene desperately needs updating. Also in scene 3 (scene 2 if you don't count the intro curtain as 1), the animatronic's left eye is droopy and broken. I've emailed them a bunch about it. Back when they closed it and replaced the seats and 2 curtains, they actually reached out to me to let me know they were doing updates. LOL. I kind of have a passion for the Carousel :)

My limit is the Carousel of Progress. My heart lives on in that show. If it ever leaves MK I will riot.
I still can't get over that it's not in Disneyland.

Oh my goodness, yes! I have been on a crusade to get them to update the CoP for ages. The final scene desperately needs updating.
I would LOVE to see that scene go back to what it was in 1967 at Disneyland.

True-All-Of-It-HanSolo-300x212.jpg

Just FYI - per Martin at WDWMagic.com there is an update in the works.... With some general upgrade of characters, and minor fixes for first 3 scenes - and then a refresh for the final 4th scene, no new sets per say but updated content. Still no idea for sure when this will happen though.

I'm very confused. Isn't the closure to replace the human trafficking scene? ANd it's only for like another two weeks? 2/26/2018- 3/18/2018

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter