Is Toy Story Mania! safe for persons that have had neck surgery?

grammy57

Earning My Ears
I have had spinal fusion in my neck and was wondering if Toy Story Mania would be a safe ride. I look at the warnings but they are not very clear. Is there any ride in Hollywood Studios that would accommodate me? Would it be worth going if I cannot ride? Thanks.

Toy Story Mania!​

As I recall, Toy Story Midway Mania is very jerky. The ride stops, you look at a scene for a few minutes, then it starts again with a jerk and takes you to another scene. It seems like it would be smooth, but it wasn't.

I can't judge whether it would be "worth it" to you to go to DHS, because I don't know how you like to spend your time in a park. There are shows and there are character meets. I haven't done most of the rides because I get motion sick, but my guess is that you also would want to skip Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Slinky Dog Dash, Star Tours, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, and the new Star Wars rides. Not sure about Alien Swirling Saucers and Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway.

You probably can find videos on Youtube of most of these rides, to see for yourself.

If you have to ask, then most likely not. That ride jerks you around from side to side so you can't even brace it against the back headrest.

I have had spinal fusion in my neck and was wondering if Toy Story Mania would be a safe ride. I look at the warnings but they are not very clear. Is there any ride in Hollywood Studios that would accommodate me? Would it be worth going if I cannot ride? Thanks.

Toy Story Mania!​

I wouldn't ride it after a fusion. I had back surgery last year (discectomy) and we went to disney about 3 months later. I avoided a good number of rides including, but not limited to, Slinky, Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror, Mine Train, Space Mountain, Expedition Everest... it wasn't worth the risk to me to ride anything that might hinder my recovery. I happily found other things to do while my people rode those rides. ::MickeyMo::MickeyMo::MickeyMo Look towards rides that are geared towards younger children for your ride enjoyment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter