Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

The timeline on this seems so weird. Booking already begins next month??? Also, sort of irks me that dvc members are the last to get the opportunity to book using points…

I’m really interested to see what the rooms will look like! Still torn on whether I’ll add on here or call it a day on the points I have and use the money for cruising.
Since they haven't declared any rooms into the PVB condo association, they can only open to cash bookings. As soon as DVD declares and start selling, then they will open to points bookings.

Now just wondering.....only allowing cash bookings to start. Is it possible that it could be still a separate resort with it being declared into 2025 there by more than the 10 year difference for Florida rules. And then having a new 50 year lease? Just wondering. They never fully said it was part of the existing.

Since we now have more details about the Island Tower at PVB, let’s start a new thread about it, including sales starting, pricing, room info and more!

One thing that is surprising to me is no GV. While I had already decided to not buy, this missing piece helps me to confirm it’s not a good fit over VGf for an MK area home resort!
I will probably sell the PVB resale I just purchased since no GV’s were announced. I will use the almost 450 banked points to offset costs to resell (if any). I would now love to know what thoughts are about the 2 top center balconies are connected to.

Is this the most substantial lobby for a DVC building, ever? As in purpose-built for a DVC building? Looks like it to me.

Now just wondering.....only allowing cash bookings to start. Is it possible that it could be still a separate resort with it being declared into 2025 there by more than the 10 year difference for Florida rules. And then having a new 50 year lease? Just wondering. They never fully said it was part of the existing.
Screenshot 2024-05-10 at 12.12.19 PM.png

It's pretty dang clear.

Anyway, I think I’m with @Sandisw and the starting cost will be $239/pt with so-so incentives
As much as I would like to lean towards this then it sets a new presidency of pricing out towers at WDW differently. Even when GFV was on sale last year it was 217 which was the same price for Riviera. I can’t imagine they price over RIV and CFW even though one might argue it’s worth more. I think they inflate the point chart and lower incentives than the other but it stays with those two and not Disneyland pricing.

Didn’t they do the same thing with VDH?

DVC and AP booking cash first. Everyone booking cash. Later when they started selling points, they allowed DVC point bookings.
Yes. Cash bookings for VDH opened mid-March (March 15 was the earliest staggered date) and points went on sale in May (May 2 for existing owners/general public May 30). Tower opened September 30.

I expect a similar timeframe, although really wish, but don't expect, we'll get pricing info before June 24 (when current incentives end).

I, for one, am a fan.

I never thought I would say this, based on how much I hated the exterior concept art.

But as with Riviera and Gran Destino, I think Disney is once again proving that they can take otherwise generic, functional architecture and breath life and magic into it. Please take my money.
Based on the renderings of the interior I love it. My wallet is doing it's best impersonation of Tom Holland in Infinity War right now..

Duo Studios vs Deluxe Studios. Over at VDH, depending on the season, there's a 40% to 60% increase in points from Duo to Deluxe Studios. The Duos are very small. Any guess as to how point allocations for Duo vs Deluxe will work at whatever Poly IT is eventually called?

Disney needs to sell PVB shirts with the animals from the ceiling artwork.

I can’t make them all out, but looks like manta ray, turtle, humpback whale, shark, squid, crab, ???

Edit: my favorite Disney lobby…these represent ancestors watching over their family. ♥️

Last edited:
I think it looks great! The renderings, for me, look quite stunning, with a great mix of colors and textures. Am currently at VGF, and I hope it opens soon because, due to what appears to be some major pipeline digging and laying beside the street, I don’t think there’s any way to walk from VGF to PVB, even along the street.

I can see why it’s part of PVB, because the footprint, so close to the expansive Polynesian, seems pretty small. I do feel like it undermines the value of direct points, as we’ve discussed many times, and needn’t rehash here, but considering it’s size, limited pools and probably limited restaurants, not sure I’d ever stay there, especially since the point count will be higher and one bedrooms smaller than those at VGF only a few feet away. And I’m not a big enough fan of PVB to want to hang out there for amenities lacking at the Island Tower. But having its quick service right next to the VGF Villas is a nice benefit, if we can use it!

Again, for all the talk of the more restrained theming of new DVC construction, I think it will be a nice addition to the lagoon. Interesting how Disney has been quick to point out that the original Polynesian design included a tower. Smart way to remind PVB fans, who are upset that it’s too modern and not some enormous longhouse, that it’s appropriate for the location.

Also, am actually looking forward to the possible return from the dead of Reflections, and the no doubt return of resale restrictions to justify what we spent on direct points!

Oh. Stayed at the Riviera this trip as well, and it was spectacular.

As much as I would like to lean towards this then it sets a new presidency of pricing out towers at WDW differently. Even when GFV was on sale last year it was 217 which was the same price for Riviera. I can’t imagine they price over RIV and CFW even though one might argue it’s worth more. I think they inflate the point chart and lower incentives than the other but it stays with those two and not Disneyland pricing.
That’s a fair assessment, I wasn’t thinking of it like that. My assumption is always that they price it to what will make the most money and since this will likely sell really well regardless of starting price that means a higher starting point. But maybe they’ll be “kind” to us and keep it at $225. Certainly would work in my favor so let’s hope they have your thinking!

I think it looks great! The renderings, for me, look quite stunning, with a great mix of colors and textures. Am currently at VGF, and I hope it opens soon because, due to what appears to be some major pipeline digging and laying beside the street, I don’t think there’s any way to walk from VGF to PVB, even along the street.

I can see why it’s part of PVB, because the footprint, so close to the expansive Polynesian, seems pretty small. I do feel like it undermines the value of direct points, as we’ve discussed many times, and needn’t rehash here, but considering it’s size, limited pools and probably limited restaurants, not sure I’d ever stay there, especially since the point count will be higher and one bedrooms smaller than those at VGF only a few feet away. And I’m not a big enough fan of PVB to want to hang out there for amenities lacking at the Island Tower. But having its quick service right next to the VGF Villas is a nice benefit, if we can use it!

Again, for all the talk of the more restrained theming of new DVC construction, I think it will be a nice addition to the lagoon. Interesting how Disney has been quick to point out that the original Polynesian design included a tower. Smart way to remind PVB fans, who are upset that it’s too modern and not some enormous longhouse, that it’s appropriate for the location.

Also, am actually looking forward to the possible return from the dead of Reflections, and the no doubt return of resale restrictions to justify what we spent on direct points!

Oh. Stayed at the Riviera this trip as well, and it was spectacular.
Can you speak more about what you liked at about RIV? I always value your insights.

The timeline on this seems so weird. Booking already begins next month??? Also, sort of irks me that dvc members are the last to get the opportunity to book using points…

I’m really interested to see what the rooms will look like! Still torn on whether I’ll add on here or call it a day on the points I have and use the money for cruising.
It doesn't matter because once they declare units into the condo association, then they'll be bookable with points. And they won't do that until they start selling points. Don't worry, they'll need to start selling points soon to pay for their shiny tower. I believe they did something similar with VDH (cash bookings first).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter