Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

Part of why I think it’s same association is the lack of amenities for it to stand on its own. I personally would have preferred for it to be a new association with all full range of dedicated amenities.
A few questions about this:
  • What might be considered "a full range of dedicated amenities"?
  • Since all we currently have about the resort is pretty much speculation how do we know it won't have these amenities?
  • Why would all those amenities be needed for a new association considering its location and access to them very close by.
Maybe I missed this discussion somewhere but what do people think the upper floor two-story tall open areas in the main tower will be? At least one should be another restaurant right?
I'd think a restaurant is most likely. Hopefully a good restaurant, not a 'Ohana style place.

A few questions about this:
  • What might be considered "a full range of dedicated amenities"?
  • Since all we currently have about the resort is pretty much speculation how do we know it won't have these amenities?
  • Why would all those amenities be needed for a new association considering its location and access to them very close by.

I'd think a restaurant is most likely. Hopefully a good restaurant, not a 'Ohana style place.
For me, full-range of amenities would include its own (1) pool with slide and splash area, (2) QS, (3) table service restaurant and (4) reception desk. I know we don’t know the answers to all of these items yet. BLT doesn’t have (2) and (3) however the CR has little problem covering this. Question here is if Poly can cover this. As much dislike as there is for BLT, I like the DVC only pool.

In the meantime, you could have purchased PVB resale for around ~$130 per point earlier this year, post condo association meeting announcement, while the topic was irrationally debated.

Now, we are at $160 and rising. Quite a bit of opportunity lost there for someone that was in the market.

But what actually pushed that number up? DVD excercisj g ROfR which didn’t start until months later.

So, I’d say their lack of transparency…remember it took many of us weeks to even get DVC to confirm that the message was shared at the meeting..was enough to hold off on a big purchase if one wanted to be sure it wasn’t going to be different.

For whatever reason, it took until the Disney files Spring came out and blog post by Disney in May for them to publically confirm it to all.

Obviously DVD has their reasons for how they are doing this, but I still think they wanted ambiguity into the market and began its influence when they were ready to commit to it.

Is anybody else seeing a lot of people in FB groups saying they bought Poly resale for 200 per point? Some of them were like 50-100 point contracts which tbf they probably won't be able to get for as cheap direct when buying such a small amount of points since we all expect the initial price pp at 240+ but does that not seem insane to everyone else on here? Some of these people actually think Disney is going to ROFR their contracts 😂

Resale PVB at 130 was a good deal, at 160 it's decent but at 200 my mind explodes. Did this happen with VGF when it went on sale? I know the prices dropped like crazy once direct sales actually started but was resale this bad when they took over BPK?

Is anybody else seeing a lot of people in FB groups saying they bought Poly resale for 200 per point? Some of them were like 50-100 point contracts which tbf they probably won't be able to get for as cheap direct when buying such a small amount of points since we all expect the initial price pp at 240+ but does that not seem insane to everyone else on here? Some of these people actually think Disney is going to ROFR their contracts 😂

Resale PVB at 130 was a good deal, at 160 it's decent but at 200 my mind explodes. Did this happen with VGF when it went on sale? I know the prices dropped like crazy once direct sales actually started but was resale this bad when they took over BPK?
I’m just happy I took my $140/point half baked/researched gamble when I did. $185+ seems wild to me, but here we are!

If I owned Polynesian, I would be strongly tempted to sell my contract and rebuy in 6-12 months.

It seems so transparently obvious to me that the price is going to fall back down again, and a lot

Maybe I’m weird, but I don’t view RIV as having inflated points charts. Sure, they’re more points than boardwalk, beach club, and copper creek…but have you seen the inside of the Riv’s rooms? They’re drop dead gorgeous with the in room finishes - marble bathrooms, gold accents, wood trim headboards and bed frames, and properly laid out kitchen/dining area. I put the rooms themselves on par with grand Floridian.
Right there with you on this. RIV is probably my favorite 1-BR on property; I'd give it just the SLIGHTEST edge over the 1-BR at VGF.

If I owned Polynesian, I would be strongly tempted to sell my contract and rebuy in 6-12 months.

It seems so transparently obvious to me that the price is going to fall back down again, and a lot
It only seems inevitable, right? Fingers crossed our patience will pay off as I think we're sticking to resale if we end up going with Poly down the road. 🤞

One issue is broker fees and closing costs….

I have thought about this, but we haven't even used ours. Figured even if we sold at $150 a point that's $38 more then we paid a couple months ago. Making at least a few thousand on the initial investment after all said and done.

But on the other hand I don't see getting another contract that is as good of a deal.

If I was in the situation where I owned at multiple resorts and could manage losing some points... I wouldn't think twice and would be selling!

I’m just happy I took my $140/point half baked/researched gamble when I did. $185+ seems wild to me, but here we are!
That was a good time to buy. If I wasn't waiting for direct I absolutely would've bought it during that time but I need more RIV/VDH eligible points.

I have thought about this, but we haven't even used ours. Figured even if we sold at $150 a point that's $38 more then we paid a couple months ago. Making at least a few thousand on the initial investment after all said and done.

But on the other hand I don't see getting another contract that is as good of a deal.

If I was in the situation where I owned at multiple resorts and could manage losing some points... I wouldn't think twice and would be selling!
I keep toying with the idea of selling soon for $185-190 per point with a delayed closing date, and hoping that with incentives I could then get direct Poly for roughly $185-$190. Essentially turning my $140 resale points into direct points via a $5k upgrade fee (broker fee and closing costs).

One issue is broker fees and closing costs….
This is academic as I don’t own Poly, but let’s say I sell for $200, get $184, rebuy resale in 6 months for $135 (April’s average on Fidelity)+$12/pt in closing costs, I still made $37/point.

I think that’s actually very realistic?

It’s not my money! You should all make decisions based on your own research and comfort level.

I keep toying with the idea of selling soon for $185-190 per point with a delayed closing date, and hoping that with incentives I could then get direct Poly for roughly $185-$190. Essentially turning my $140 resale points into direct points via a $5k upgrade fee (broker fee and closing costs).
I don’t think you will get Polynesian direct quite that cheap.

This is academic as I don’t own Poly, but let’s say I sell for $200, get $184, rebuy resale in 6 months for $135 (April’s average on Fidelity)+$12/pt in closing costs, I still made $37/point.

I think that’s actually very realistic?

It’s not my money! You should all make decisions based on your own research and comfort level.
I doubt It will drop that low for resale. Polynesian will be a much more balanced resort now and won't be restricted.

The way you win Monopoly is by holding….
If it wasn't for the dues adding up, I would have kept all of them, & would keep on adding to the collection.!!
PS. i never get rid of property in Monopoly, only trade if I'm getting the better end of the deal, & completing a monopoly. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter