Isn't it a little early to start a PTR?..Why yes, yes it is.(we are back!12/13)

You'll love Christmas time.
I went the 2nd week of Nov. and Disney was just starting to put out all the decorations, and it was amazing, even though it was 88 degrees everyday.
I was just disappointed that the Osbourne Lights were not turned on until after thanksgiving.
Let me know if I can help with anything.

I am so excited! We see the Samatha Brown show on the Travel Channel about Disney at Christmastime and I am always like "I want to see all of that in person!" Finally we get to!:goodvibes

I am in on your PTR! Can't wait to read more. You have a beautiful family and congrats on your pregnancy!!

Sorry to all but I have been neglecting my PTR lately. I need to figure out how to keep up with all the TR I am following plus reading the tip boards plus other things (eating, sleeping, working and taking care of my family).

So where was I....Why are we driving?

#1 cost....actually I looked up flight info the other day and it turns out it wouldn't be that much more to fly when you factor in the hotel rooms, gas, and extra food on the way down.

#2 I overpack.....I pack everything! When we go to my parents house for a weekend I have like 4 out fits for myself plus tolietries (even though my mom and dad have everything). We take like 6 outfits for Amelia...plus 2 pairs of PJs...I know she could wear the same pair Fri and Sat night but ya never know! I pack enough diapers for a week. Plus sippy cups, food for Amelia ect ect, ect. Now imagine that extrapolated into a week long Disney trip. We would be spending a fortune on Luggage fees!

#3 Too much through the airport. I can't imagine schleping through the airport with 2year old in tow, stroller, carseat (she would have to have her own seat b/c there is no way to get her sit on your lap for 2 hours plus Dave is over 6 ft tall so he kinda comes over the armrest into my seat), and all of or carryon suff. Maybe when she is past stroller age and able to fly without a carseat this might be more doable.

#4 Nostalgia. As I said before when I was younger we always drove to our vacation destination. It was fun. I am hoping to make some good family memories for us and Amelia.

Mapquest says it will be a 16 hour drive....Dave's GPS says 14? IDK why the big difference.

I have just recently put in a request to have Tuesday December 1st off so we can start our trip a little earlier:woohoo:

My plans are to get everything packed that morning and be on the road soon after lunch. Amelia takes a good 2 to 3 hour nap somewhere between 1130 and 1230 so leaving then will be perfect. She can sleep and we can get the roadtrip started.

IDK where we are staying the first night. One of my co-workers suggested Dalton, GA. He says it has nicer hotels and restraunts. It is about a 8 hour drive there.

We plan on driving into FL from there. Any recommendations of an off site hotel? We were thinking of somewhere an hour or less north of Disney. That way we could be at the WL early for check in and maybe we could get our room request! I requested a woods view king bed room (we will need one with a tub, not the disabled access rooms!)

Up next. Rough draft of daily schedule (actually I have already went through like 4 rough drafts:lmao: and I am sure I will have many more.)

So yes I have been neglecting my PTR yet again! But this time I have some good excuses! We have had some pretty good storms in our area. One of our trees in the front yard got struck by lighting...It ripped most of the bark off. It's ok though because we were thinking of taking the tree down anyway. Also we think the storm did something to our modem! It wouldn't work Sunday. Dave went to charter yesterday to pick up a new one! So I was like 4 days without the internet! It drove me crazy!

So I was planning on doing an update last night but.....we went to Best Buy for a new camera!!!!!:banana: We have been needing a new camera for quite some time. We bought our old one in 2006 before our honeymoon. It was a waterproof digital and we thought it was awesome. Fast forward to now when we have an active toddler and it doesn't have enough shutter speed to capture what we want. I wanted a nice camera so we would get good pics but couldn't justify the bigger $$$ right now. Then I got the best news in the mail Tuesday! I got 2 checks from the hospital/dr group we use that were refunds where our insurance covered more than what was thought! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:It more than covered the extra expense for the nicer camera! We got a Nikon coolpix S630 ( I think) I have been playing with it all morning and I love it!

Other than that I have been picking up random things that we might use on the trip....Dave thinks I am crazy for buying things now. Guys....they seriously don't know the amount of planning we do. I bought a plastic tub and have been putting things in there. I figured if I was out and I saw something we needed I could just buy it and keep it in the tub. That way we wont go spending $$ right before the trip for all the things we need. Anyway November will be a crazy busy month for us so I want to do all of the preplanning I can. Plus I have found some things on sale!

Now the one tip I found on the tip boards that I thought was :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 was to bring a pop up hamper! How genious! I hate how my clean/dirty clothes mix in my suitcase and I hate putting them in a garbage bag. This is just perfect. I found one at work and put it into my Tub!!

Any way I am rambling....Next post our day by day (so far, you know as well as I do this will change!:lmao:)

So on to our itenary!

• 12/3 Arrival...we hope to check in early so we get our room requests! Our plans this day include shopping at DTD, eating lunch at Earl (I have never been but the menu looks good!), Exploring the WL, Explore the Poly...we hope to get dinner ressies for Ohana and watching the Electrical water pagent and wishes from the Poly's beach!

12/4 MGM...oops! DS. Plan is for a CS lunch...any suggestions? We want to go back to our room for a nap in the afternoon and be back at DS for the Osbourne lights! We were thinking of dinner at Beaches and Cream. Our top 3 must do's for this day include....Playhouse Disney, Beauty and the Beast and Walt Disney: One Man's Dream.

12/5 Epcot....Spending most of our time in Future World. I want to do Lunch at Sunshine Seasons. Back to the room for nap! Dinner at Artists Point at WL or I was also wondering about the Wave? We plan on doing the Chip and Dale campfire. I figuered since this would be Saturday it would be a good night to spend out of the parks...I don't like big crowds! Our top 3 must do's for the Day...Soarin (Dave and I didn't ride in 2006), Space ship Earth (another first), and The seas with Nemo (yet a third first)

I will have to finish this later....I can hear Amelia talking to herself in her crib! Time for Lunch and getting ready for work!

I have one question for parents out there....Do you know if the restraunts will make something different for your kids? We always order Amelia something off of the kids menu when we go out because then we don't have to worry if she will eat what we order or not. She is pretty particular at what she eats and usually we go for chicken nuggets, grilled cheese or a cheese/chicken quesidilla. She can eat a hamburger/hotdog or grilled chicken but I would rather order her something she will definetly eat. I have been looking at some of the kids restraunt menus and I am confused....some don't have the "normal kid picks". Has anyone asked to get just a grilled cheese if it wasn't on the menu? Do you think it would be hoosier of me to ask or even bring in food from a nearby CS?

Thanks for your opinion!

Continued from last post!

• 12/6 Morning at AK. Breakfast at Tuskerhouse to see Daisy:woohoo: Late nap in room. To Epcot in the evening with dinner at Biergarten. Our must do's for the day...Finding Nemo, Festival of the Lion King, and the Safaris
  • 12/7 Morning at Epcot. Lunch at Lecellier. Explore WS (aka shop til you drop!) Nap. Open evening! Must do's See inside Mexico pavilion, See inside china pavilion, look for Santas/storytellers at each country.
  • 12/8 MK...finally morning! CS lunch. Nap in room. Dinner at Wispering Canyon Cafe or Wave. Back to MK for evening. Must do's.....Dumbo! See storytime with Belle, Pirates of the Caribbean.
  • 12/9 MK again open for dinner and evening plans. Must do's Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, and seeing the characters in Toontown.
  • 12/10 Check out!:mad: Thinking about Boma for breakfast..then exploring AKL...DTD for lunch before heading North! This is Thursday...as long as we are home by Saturday evening all will be great.

I have based my park days on the UoG website. My plans will most likely change due to park hours and depending on what ADRs we get. I am pretty new to the whole ADR thing. On our last trip we only had 1 ADR....Chef Mickeys. Dave and I tried walking in to Rainforest Cafe at AK....the guy at the hostess station was kinda rude. It was like 11:15 am and he acted put out because we didn't have a reservation. Once we got our table the restraunt was not that crowded at all! I know it is totally different now, especially with the free dining going on.

I have yet to decide if we will go to MVMCP....I might wait until we get down there and see how long at the parks Amelia lasts. She is pretty good at staying up late she doesn't go to bed until 9pm....that way she sleeps until 7:30am and I can get ready for work without her up.

Up next....Decisions, Decisions!

To MVMCP or not to MVMCP that is the question. I am thinking and weighing the options to go or not. I am really disapointed that they are not doing the Night Before Christmas (It is not listed on the official Disney Website). I just tried to review the dates with our dates and the website is moving very slow!

I ordered some disney t-shirts for Amelia and I am so upset. I got them in the mail last thursday and the were a 2T. I ordered a 3T because the website said they ran small and I wanted her to wear them for our trip! I e-mailed the company right away and they were going to send me a return address label so I could mail them back for exchange with out paying postage. I still have not gotten the return label! Hopefully it will come in the mail today.

Still waiting on Tuesday to be approved for vacation time. Dave agreed that we should head out on the road earlier on Tuesday!

Not much more to post about. We are taking Amelia for her first official swim for the summer this afternoon so I hope to put up some pics on that!

Your plans sound great!!!! Lots of great ADR's! I can't wait to make our ADR's!!! I would think you would be able to ask for something special for Amelia to eat. It never hurts to try. I am sure lots of parents ask for something special. If they have bread and cheese than why not!

I am also looking for a new camera for our trip. My camera is horrible.

Can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

Your plans sound great!!!! Lots of great ADR's! I can't wait to make our ADR's!!! I would think you would be able to ask for something special for Amelia to eat. It never hurts to try. I am sure lots of parents ask for something special. If they have bread and cheese than why not!

I am also looking for a new camera for our trip. My camera is horrible.

Can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

:rolleyes1I am trying to get an ADR a day because I am hoping they will do the free dining for Disney Visa holders like was done last year!

I know they do special things for people with food allergies....and their has to be pickier eaters than my kid there! We ate at Fultons Crab House in 2006 and the woman at the table next to us told the waiter she had allergies to shellfish! What a place to go with that allergy!

I like our camera so far it's a Nikon S360...I am not patient enough to learn how to use a non point and click.

Here are some updated pics of Amelia. I can't believe how big she is getting! We went to the Dr 2 weeks ago and the receptionist said...." Oh you are here for her last baby appointment" I almost started crying! These were also taken with our new camera. I love it so far!

003.jpg

008.jpg

021.jpg

037.jpg

Not much for trip planning I got some stuff I have ordered in the mail and I need to take pics so I can show everyone!

:cool1::cool1::cool1:Down to 160 days today!! I can't believe I started this PTR 40 days ago! Alas there is not much here but hopefully there will be more to come.

So as the title says I've been shopping!

I finally bought my Vera Bradley purse. I have been pondering which style/pattern to get for a while now. After going to the stores to "try them on" many times here is my choice. The purple print hipster! I thought it would be perfect. I have been wanting something to just throw a diaper and a pack of wiped for short trips so I am not loaded down with the huge diaper bag! It will be perfect for Disney! (don't mind the little hand trying to swipe my purse!)

050.jpg

I ordered these shirts a while ago. As I said before they sent me the wrong size. I finally got them in the right size! (don't mind angry Dave in the background....he wasn't too happy to have his pic taken when he wanted to watch TV)

Cinderella shirt!

044.jpg

Peace, Love, Mickey shirt!

048.jpg

I also did some shopping online at the Disney store (we no longer have one here in town).

Dave's Grumpy Shirt

051.jpg

My Tink hooded shirt

052.jpg

Amelia in her Minnie polo

042.jpg

I also ordered the volume 3 of the Disney songs CD. We have the other 2 and they are all songs from Disney movies! They are great. I hope they will keep us occupied on our loooong drive!

I have also been working on our Countdown!! Cutting out Mickey heads from Home Depot! So far I have 43 heads....I feel bad taking too many at a time...I usually make Dave do it!

053.jpg

I really want to find some of the Disney Couture shirts in Adult sizes...the only one's I have found online have been on e-bay. I am currently bidding on some of my favorites.

I hope to make it to the mall this afternoon. If Amelia wakes up from her nap in a good mood we plan to go shopping! We really need to get family pics done (I need to find us outfits for that)...and her 18month pics too....she is almost 19month oops!:rolleyes1

Hopefully I will have more shopping pics later!

Great PTR! We're going to be at the world the same time (almost) Dec 1-8 :)
You're making me think I need to get busy and get mine started! Can't wait to read more

Veronica

Great PTR! We're going to be at the world the same time (almost) Dec 1-8 :)
You're making me think I need to get busy and get mine started! Can't wait to read more

Veronica

:yay: Yay for December. Where are you staying? Start a PTR! It has been a great outlet for me....I always have all of these ideas in my head and no where to go with them. We have a very busy fall/early winter so I need all the advance planning I can get!

Nothing much new for the PTR lately so for these down times I will be adding in our fun filled family activities!

Amelia got to go to her first Cardinals Baseball game last night. We were a litte worried about how she might act. We went armed with food and anything that might entertain here while we were there. At first I didn't know if we would make it to the 3rd inning. She was kind of restless. Luckily we had an extra seat (Dave's brother cancelled on us) and she could sit between us and stand in front of the seat. It ended up being ok. I took her out of the seating area a couple of times and let her walk around a little bit. She got into the game a few times and was clapping when everyone else would.

I was worried about her bothering the lady in front of us. But then when a group of drunk 21 year olds came and sat next to us I realized that she couldn't be that annoying.

Here are some great pics of the night!

Amelia and Mommy
007.jpg

Amelia and Daddy
008-1.jpg

Amelia eating her first cotton candy
011.jpg

Family photo!
013.jpg

Passed out in the car on the way home...too much excitement!
015.jpg

A note on the foam finger on her in the last pic. On one of our walks we went into one of the team stores. She came across the foam fingers and immediately put one on her hand. I had to show Dave that she knew exactally what to do with one. He in turn had to buy it for her! He said "It can't be that much, right?" It ended up being over 8 bucks (for a foam finger!).

Overall it was a great night. We have tickets to go again in July but I don't know if we will take her then. I know for sure we won't have the extra seat and my husband's stepmother will be there and I would like to avoid her at all cost!

I love your Mickey Countdown you are making!!!! So cute. Love the baseball pictures. Your daughter is adorable! :goodvibes

:yay: Yay for December. Where are you staying? Start a PTR! It has been a great outlet for me....I always have all of these ideas in my head and no where to go with them. We have a very busy fall/early winter so I need all the advance planning I can get!

we're staying at the POP :) I might just start a PTR :) my hubby is tired of hearing it, my bestie is about to kill me every time the word Disney comes out of my mouth, lol. The only one who is just as excited as me is my 4 year old daughter!

Veronica

I love your Mickey Countdown you are making!!!! So cute. Love the baseball pictures. Your daughter is adorable! :goodvibes

I am only up to 62 mickey heads...I hope to be able to start the countdown at 120 days!

we're staying at the POP :) I might just start a PTR :) my hubby is tired of hearing it, my bestie is about to kill me every time the word Disney comes out of my mouth, lol. The only one who is just as excited as me is my 4 year old daughter!

Veronica

I am sure if Amelia was old enough she would be excited too. Dave always asks me what I am looking at on the computer and my answer is DISNEY! He keeps saying how far it is away and I am like but there is so much to do. He will appreciate all of the planning once we are down there I am sure!

I did it--I started the PTR~!~! Thanks for the encouragment :)

Veronica
Pixie Dust, Princess magic and Christmas Cheer PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=32528735&posted=1#post32528735

I subscribed!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter