• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

It pays to keep checking rates

TaylorsDad

DIS Veteran
When I originally booked Cabana Bay for end of June the stay more save more rate for Tower poolside was $218.63. I noticed a few days ago AP rates had been added and had an adjustment made for $193 per night. Just checked and AP rates for my dates dropped again. I called and had them adjusted again and current nightly rate for 4 adults and 2 children is $154, which is quite a savings. :banana: If I hadn't wanted poolside I could have gotten a rate of $134 a night

Yes, it does pay to check. I just checked and they released some garden view rooms at the APH rate for the beginning of July at the Portofino. Just called, and got my rate adjusted :cool1: Feel much better about my rate now.

Yes, it does pay to check. I just checked and they released some garden view rooms at the APH rate for the beginning of July at the Portofino. Just called, and got my rate adjusted :cool1: Feel much better about my rate now.

Yep, I just changed our July trip at PBH. It's nice paying $219 for a Portofino Parlor Suite.:cool1:

Yep, I just changed our July trip at PBH. It's nice paying $219 for a Portofino Parlor Suite.:cool1:

How big is a parlor suite? The only Hospitality suites I see coming up on the website are 1,370 square feet. No way those are only $219 per night.

How big is a parlor suite? The only Hospitality suites I see coming up on the website are 1,370 square feet. No way those are only $219 per night.

The $219 price is for a basic king garden view. But as a Platinum Loews You First member you get upgraded to that suite for no additional money.

The hospitality suites that you listed are $807 with AP discount for July rates.

The Portofino parlor suite is about $430-$800 depending on rate, discounts, or dates. Here is the description:

Portofino Parlor Suite with connecting King Garden View Room Room Description:
This spacious 900 sq. ft. suite provides a cozy living room with a sleeper sofa that can accommodate two guests, a plush armchair, a flat screen TV, desk area and a bathroom with a stand up shower. The connecting bedroom features a comfortable king bed, that can accommodate up to three guests, and a full-size bathroom with a tub and shower. These rooms are located in our west wing of the hotel and overlook the well manicured lawns and gardens. Maximum occupancy of 5 with a rollaway in the bedroom ($25 nightly fee).

The $219 price is for a basic king garden view. But as a Platinum Loews You First member you get upgraded to that suite for no additional money.

The hospitality suites that you listed are $807 with AP discount for July rates.

The Portofino parlor suite is about $430-$800 depending on rate, discounts, or dates. Here is the description:

Portofino Parlor Suite with connecting King Garden View Room Room Description:
This spacious 900 sq. ft. suite provides a cozy living room with a sleeper sofa that can accommodate two guests, a plush armchair, a flat screen TV, desk area and a bathroom with a stand up shower. The connecting bedroom features a comfortable king bed, that can accommodate up to three guests, and a full-size bathroom with a tub and shower. These rooms are located in our west wing of the hotel and overlook the well manicured lawns and gardens. Maximum occupancy of 5 with a rollaway in the bedroom ($25 nightly fee).

How does one become a member?

How does one become a member?

Sign up its free. The only negative is you have to stay a lot and maintain your stays per rolling year.

Here are the levels:

Benefits

YouFirst offers a number of benefits to our most loyal guests. Eligibility for benefits is as follows:
Member (0-1 stays):
Special Partners Offers

Blue (2-4 stays):
Special Partners Offers; Free Internet; Free Fitness Center Access; Free Room Upgrade; Late Checkout

Gold (5-9 stays):
Special Partners Offers; Free Internet; Free Fitness Center Access; Free Room Upgrade; Late Checkout; Guaranteed Availability; Custom-Created Destination Packages; Special Welcome

Platinum (10+ stays):
Special Partners Offers; Free Internet; Free Fitness Center Access; Free Room Upgrade; Late Checkout; Guaranteed Availability; Custom-Created Destination Packages; Special Welcome; Spa, Golf or Food & Beverage Credit Valued at $100

If one year you stay 5 times and become Gold and next rolling year you stay 3 you are down graded to the next level.

Sign up its free. The only negative is you have to stay a lot and maintain your stays per rolling year.

Here are the levels:

Benefits

YouFirst offers a number of benefits to our most loyal guests. Eligibility for benefits is as follows:
Member (0-1 stays):
Special Partners Offers

Blue (2-4 stays):
Special Partners Offers; Free Internet; Free Fitness Center Access; Free Room Upgrade; Late Checkout

Gold (5-9 stays):
Special Partners Offers; Free Internet; Free Fitness Center Access; Free Room Upgrade; Late Checkout; Guaranteed Availability; Custom-Created Destination Packages; Special Welcome

Platinum (10+ stays):
Special Partners Offers; Free Internet; Free Fitness Center Access; Free Room Upgrade; Late Checkout; Guaranteed Availability; Custom-Created Destination Packages; Special Welcome; Spa, Golf or Food & Beverage Credit Valued at $100

If one year you stay 5 times and become Gold and next rolling year you stay 3 you are down graded to the next level.

Went to the website and low and behold, we were signed up already. Must have done it when we made our reservations but did not realize it. But, I did not make my reservations on line. I think I called Universal direct so does our first visit still count? If so, what is the special partners offers?

Went to the website and low and behold, we were signed up already. Must have done it when we made our reservations but did not realize it. But, I did not make my reservations on line. I think I called Universal direct so does our first visit still count? If so, what is the special partners offers?

They are BS.

Member Offers

Members of the YouFirst loyalty reward program can enjoy exclusive offers from our partners:

Fiji Water
Keurig Premium Coffee Systems
Fisher-Price, Inc
LATHER
Chadsworth & Haig

They are BS.

Member Offers

Members of the YouFirst loyalty reward program can enjoy exclusive offers from our partners:

Fiji Water
Keurig Premium Coffee Systems
Fisher-Price, Inc
LATHER
Chadsworth & Haig

So, I'm a little slow. Is there anything I need to do? We booked a stay at the end of August. Do we just start building rewards for future benefits? Not sure how this all works? Sorry

So, I'm a little slow. Is there anything I need to do? We booked a stay at the end of August. Do we just start building rewards for future benefits? Not sure how this all works? Sorry

For the rewards you just get discount when ordering those products from the manufacture. Really no use for me.

As for room credits just make sure you have your you first member number attached to your reservation. This way you will receive credit for that stay 2-3 weeks after.

For the rewards you just get discount when ordering those products from the manufacture. Really no use for me.

As for room credits just make sure you have your you first member number attached to your reservation. This way you will receive credit for that stay 2-3 weeks after.

Got it. Not interested in mfg. products but like the idea of receiving credits. I guess I can find my member number by logging in and then I can call to make sure it is attached to my reservation.

Thanks a bunch Bluer:hug:!

Got it. Not interested in mfg. products but like the idea of receiving credits. I guess I can find my member number by logging in and then I can call to make sure it is attached to my reservation.

Thanks a bunch Bluer:hug:!

No problem. Then the more you stay you climb the ladder. The real benefits happen with Gold And Platinum. It's a good program being free. The old way with night credits vs stay credits was better and easier to achieve Platinum status.:thumbsup2

If it was not to the You First Program I would not make that many trips per year. 10 + is hard even living right here in FL, plus financially it takes a toll. :thumbsup2

No problem. Then the more you stay you climb the ladder. The real benefits happen with Gold And Platinum. It's a good program being free. The old way with night credits vs stay credits was better and easier to achieve Platinum status.:thumbsup2

If it was not to the You First Program I would not make that many trips per year. 10 + is hard even living right here in FL, plus financially it takes a toll. :thumbsup2

We've been to Disney quite a few times but this is our first adventure to US/IOA so I know very little. Trying to wrap my around AP's vs SMSM and the different park passes, and how to save as much as possible purchasing passes and room rates.

Right now I'm trying to decide if it's worth purchasing 1 AP power pass to get food discounts but I've been told the better discount is with the next level up. At this point, I don't know if we would at least break even. Presently, our room rate is only $1.00 different between the AP and SMSM rates. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

We've been to Disney quite a few times but this is our first adventure to US/IOA so I know very little. Trying to wrap my around AP's vs SMSM and the different park passes, and how to save as much as possible purchasing passes and room rates.

Right now I'm trying to decide if it's worth purchasing 1 AP power pass to get food discounts but I've been told the better discount is with the next level up. At this point, I don't know if we would at least break even. Presently, our room rate is only $1.00 different between the AP and SMSM rates. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

check the black out dates before you buy the power pass.
the preferred pass has decent discounts for food and merch besides the hotel rooms.
and free parking in the garage.

check the black out dates before you buy the power pass.
the preferred pass has decent discounts for food and merch besides the hotel rooms.
and free parking in the garage.

Thanks! Our dates are at the end of August, so no black out dates for the power pass. (Changed our stay from 4 nights to 3 so needed the AP for the discount. SMSM price jumped to 249.00 a night due to dropping one night). We don't have a car so no need the preferred for that.

**But, I was wondering if paying for the preferred pass would be a benefit. We are staying 3 nights and 4 full days. We'll probably just grab counter meals except for 1 sit down (and that is a maybe). Is it worth it to spend and additional $75.00 or so dollars for the upgraded pass? We've never been to UO so clueless as to the cost of the typical counter meals. We are 2 adults and 2 teen girls.

Thanks! Our dates are at the end of August, so no black out dates for the power pass. (Changed our stay from 4 nights to 3 so needed the AP for the discount. SMSM price jumped to 249.00 a night due to dropping one night). We don't have a car so no need the preferred for that.

**But, I was wondering if paying for the preferred pass would be a benefit. We are staying 3 nights and 4 full days. We'll probably just grab counter meals except for 1 sit down (and that is a maybe). Is it worth it to spend and additional $75.00 or so dollars for the upgraded pass? We've never been to UO so clueless as to the cost of the typical counter meals. We are 2 adults and 2 teen girls.

if it will cost you $75 more overall to buy the preferred ap, figure out a meal cost for the period you will be at the darkside.
the preferred ap allows a 10% discount off of food and merch.

http://allears.net/searchresults.ht....htm&ref=allears.net/dining/&ss=1743j441369j9

you can get an idea from the allears site.
i have not looked thru it but assume it has updates in order to give you a better idea of present costs.

wait, came back after i looked at the above link.
much of it is dated 2008 so figures will be off, some menus have changed completely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter