It poppped up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Louisianafive

Mouseketeer
Well, after taking both gear boxes off we were able to painstakingly push our camper up!
IMG_6775.jpg

IMG_6772.jpg

Wow!! That is a classic one!!! How much work is it going to need??? Keep us updated. I LOVE to watch restoration projects. (Mainly cause I'm not handy at all, and live vicariously through others)

woo hoo... that's a start.. just a suggestion. before you put any $ in the camper make sure the frame and axles etc. are in working order. My DB bought an older camper fixed the cosmetics up, first tow the axle broke. It's now junked.

Wow, that's really neat looking.
Also looks like a lot of work to fix up. Are parts for older trailers like that available, or will you have to invent and fabricate as you go?

Maybe you should just have a ceremony and burial.:lmao:

Lord I apoligize!

Well, after taking both gear boxes off we were able to painstakingly push our camper up!
IMG_6775.jpg

IMG_6772.jpg

Unless you have the corner moldings which are secured around the Aluminum lift posts and secured by those latches it will leak like a sieve when it rains and will be colder than you know what in the winter or even a little wind. Those molding fit up under the roof and slide lips and goes outside the body on the bottom and on ours was subject to cracking. Since we had one very similiar (1973 Apache Ramada which was their largest model) I will be happy to answer what questions I can. As best as I can remember I paid like $1500 in 1974 and it still had the plastic on the beds and sold it in 1982 for like $1,000. They are classics now and might be worth more in parting it out or selling it to a place that specializes in parts for these type trailers. It also looks like it's missing the entire front cap, unless you removed it.

Larry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter