It was a sight too awful to behold!

WDWHound

DIS Veteran
I just came back from lunch at Red Lobster with some coworkers. One of them the ordered a pound of king crab legs (yum).

What followed was almost more than I could bear to watch. She cracked opened a crab leg, removed the meat.... then dipped the crab meat in ketchup!!!!! Oh, the horror! I already knew that this lady puts ketchup on just about everthing, but ketchup on crab meat?!

:teeth: :teeth:

Yuck!

(funny topic for a thread though!;) )

Ketchup???!?!?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I worry about how that woman was raised! KETHCUP??!:eek:

Isn't that kind of like cocktail sauce? I like to eat crab legs cold and I dip them in cocktail sauce all the time! :o :o :o :teeth: Uh oh! :eek: :o

Ketdhup, like Saffron said, is similar to seafood sauce. Seafood sauce has a ketcup-like base with horseradish and lemon juice added. I wouldn't find this a strange sight to behold in the least.

dh puts ketchup on Mac n cheese. BLECH

Dont eat crab legs so I dont know but Ill take your word it. Ketchup is made for hamburgers and french freid :)

Binny- Seth does the same thing with Mac-n-cheese. He also likes to dip his pizza in Thousand Island dressing. Everything else he dips into honey mustard sauce.

I am going to have a huge therapy bill for him one day.:D

I am a person who eat ketchup on a lot of things, such as a too dry roast. However, ketchup on lobster or crab legs is wrong I tell you, wrong!!!

I used to work at a Shoneys and I saw a man put ketchup in his grits... No lie...

Originally posted by mrsdon
I used to work at a Shoneys and I saw a man put ketchup in his grits... No lie...

Now that is a sin.

I once put cocktail sauce on my barbecue ribs, but it was my wedding rehearsal dinner, and I was distracted. At least in my case, it was accidental!

I feel I must defend the ketchup eaters of the world;) I eat ketchup on lots of things but not quite as much as I did growing up. I would never put ketchup on crab legs or other seafood items because I dont eat seafood. I dont see a problem with people putting ketchup on food, or hot sauce, salsa etc.

I thought for sure you were going to say something really gross came out of her food................

DH puts ketchup on eggs......and he's teaching the children to do the same......I guess this is one of those "pick your battles" kind of things.;)

DH loves ketchup on a lot of things, but crab meat isn't one of them. I can't imagine putting it on grits, either. I don't put it on anything, if it comes with, I'll eat it, but not by my choice.

DS does it on a lot of stuff, too. Like father, like son.

Butter, butter, butter is made for crab legs. Sheesh!:)
(though this comes from the gal who eats her grits with sugar and butter, not salt and pepper):)
Kim

I like ketchup as much as the next person but all I can think to say is ... ewwww :eek: !

Personally, I thing a little lemon and a lot of melted butter is the only way to go with crab or lobster, but I can see a little cocktail sauce too . . . (okay, I really can't. . but it wouldn't weird me out to see, and besides Maggie will smack me if I don't say that. . :eek: ;) )

But ketchup?????
eek.gif

The woman is a barbarian. . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter