Italy in Pictures - Pisa and Florence

tiggerlover

<font color=33CC99>Still waiting for "the talk"<br
As promised, here are the photo's from our trip to Pisa and Florence.

The "Field of Miracles" in Pisa.
fc4662ed.jpg

The Leaning Tower of Pisa.
fc4662e7.jpg

Closeup of the tower's details.
fc4662e2.jpg

The Baptistry.
fc4662f2.jpg

Florence, Italy. Duomo, bell tower and baptistry.
fc4662d9.jpg

Closeup.
fc4662d4.jpg

Duomo interior.
fc4662cd.jpg

A view from the bell tower.
fc4662c3.jpg

fc4662c5.jpg

Medici Palace.
fc4662b0.jpg

fc4662ae.jpg

fc4662a5.jpg

fc46629d.jpg

fc4662a1.jpg

fc4662a9.jpg

The Uffizzi.
fc4662dd.jpg

The David.
fc466298.jpg

A living statue.
fc466294.jpg

The Ponte Vecchio.
fc4662d7.jpg

Gorgeous! I would love to see that in person one day.

These photos are amazing! You are very lucky to get to experience one of the most beautiful places on earth!

Thank you tiggerlover for sharing those pictures. I would love to go visit there someday.

Stunning photos! It must be wonderful to see all that in person. :D

Again, TL, very nice. I really like those interior shots, the lighting and all. A beautiful country it is. Thanks.

Debi thanks for sharing. Bring back memories. Visiting the Field of Miracles was a great experience and seeing the Leaning Tower, something you see pictures of but never think you'll see it in person. For some reason it was much smaller then I imaged, but I have to say Pisa was not one of my favorite places.

I dream of returning to Florence, probably the most magnificent city I've ever visited. Can't wait to walk the streets of Florence again, visit the Mercato Nuovo and rub the nose of Tacca famous Porcellino while savoring a delicious gelato. Nowhere in the world do they make gelato like Florence. It was my food staple while there. I always had to have a double scoop.

Did you visit the Disney store while you were in Florence?

We will be visiting a few new area's this trip, and of course a few nights in Florence.

Thanks for posting.

I went to Florence last May. We skipped Pisa (Just not enough time for everything.) Florence was great especially early in the morning and late at night. During the day it was CROWDED!

I did go to the Disney Store and bought a T shirt with Mickey in a Florence scene to go with my Disney store london tshirt.

Oh the Gelato! We found this wonderful place recommended by Rick Steves and other guidebooks, but I don't know how. It was not on the tourist trail!

I lived in Italy many years ago, so I always love seeing your pictures.

Thanks so much for helping me relive the memories. :)

Debbi, you are such a great photographer!!! Your pictures are priceless! You have a great eye!!! :) I LOVE THEM ALL!!!!! Oh, I wish I could have been there with you, everyplace you visited is just gorgeous!!!!!! Thanks for sharing. I have to find the other pictures (I just saw the three links from the WISH post).

"Welcome back" so to speak! :) heh heh! I'm glad you had a great time with your family. Thanks so much for sharing all these photos. They are remarkable!!!!!

What a picturesque country. I really like seeing these photos. Thanks for taking time to post them for us.

Katholyn

Originally posted by Mamu
Visiting the Field of Miracles was a great experience and seeing the Leaning Tower, something you see pictures of but never think you'll see it in person. For some reason it was much smaller then I imaged, but I have to say Pisa was not one of my favorite places.

I dream of returning to Florence, probably the most magnificent city I've ever visited. Can't wait to walk the streets of Florence again, visit the Mercato Nuovo and rub the nose of Tacca famous Porcellino while savoring a delicious gelato. Nowhere in the world do they make gelato like Florence. It was my food staple while there. I always had to have a double scoop.

Did you visit the Disney store while you were in Florence?

We will be visiting a few new area's this trip, and of course a few nights in Florence.

Mamu, I have to agree with you, this was my second trip to Pisa and it wasn't my favorite place the first time I went and after going a second time I don't think I have to return. Florence is wonderful, I just wish we had more time to explore instead of just the day. We did see the famous porcellino and of course we did some shopping, with the Disney store being tops on the list! My mom bought DS the cutest wallet with a hook and chain on it, DS was/is thrilled. And what trip in Italy is complete without a gelato stop!

Karen, thanks for the welcome back! Come on over any time and I will take you around in person!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter