Items you are surprised by the price of?

In

In that case we're about $7 a gallon.
yeah - its a lot - even if you take the tax off the top.

We are between 2.95 and 4.
Yes, within a mile of each other there is a place that is 4 and a place that is 2.95. I don't get it, and that's not diesel at $4 - they are just next to the on ramp so its a convenience fee I guess.

Yeah - Subaru is crazy expensive for an oil change - 134.95 for synth and 104.95 for standard....and that is with the coupon!!!!

I can do it cheaper elsewhere, but its just not worth it. Subaru is in and out in 20 minutes or so. Other places you have to leave it and come back or wait an hour or so.. and I don't trust jiffy lube - too many horror stories.

One GM dealer I used to go to had a really nice set up, so I did not mind waiting. High end espresso machine and fresh Italian Pastries...but they started charging an extra amount (it was a lot - for some reason I think it was 50 - but regardless it was too much) for non GM cars. We had been going there for years and they did not bother to mention it when we brought the car in. The never even responded to my email. I had purchased three used cars there over the years. neve again...lost a customer for life. Who wants a Chevy anyway - the used cars I bough there were never Chevys.
Yeah, my mom always volunteered to give my a ride when one of our two Mercurys needed repairs at the LINCOLN-Mercury dealer because they had pastries and good coffee in the customer lounge.
I'm just lazy because I have everything I need at home to change the oil myself, ramps, tools, etc. And here you can leave the used oil out next to your trash can on trash day and the county will pick it up for free.

or they are moving over to this side of the state and taking advantage of the lower cost of living.
I thought it was cheaper but last time we checked out a 2 bedroom craftsman bungalow in Walla Walla they were asking $800k. What jobs in Walla Walla can support those kinds of prices?

I thought it was cheaper but last time we checked out a 2 bedroom craftsman bungalow in Walla Walla they were asking $800k. What jobs in Walla Walla can support those kinds of prices?

i don't know about walla walla prices-i'm on the eastern side of the state. housing has gone up quite a bit here but the market has cooled some. an example of housing here would be on 10 acres, relativly new build w/many custom upgrades-3 br/2 bath (1800'ish sq feet) lists around $665K.

Yeah...it is. I always look at it compared to a gallon of milk though. At least in the states its usually less than milk and I feel the cost to produce gas is higher. Could be wrong. Both are a lot of work no doubt. But lots of milk is just dumped and they are subsidized not to produce it in the states. ("In 2018, 42 percent of revenue for US dairy producers came from some kind of government support. ")

Anyway - as for cost of Petrol in the EU/UK (I assume EU/UK since you said Petrol) I am sure you are well aware - but much of that is tax:
£0.5295 per litre - £2.00/US gallon
€0.36 per liter Minimum in EU - ($1.55 per gallon)
The US federal tax is 18.4 cents per gallon - and then varies by state - California is number one at 62 cents per gallon.
I don't recall gasoline being less expensive than milk. Gasoline currently here is $3.99 (or more) a gallon self service cash price, milk is $2.93 a gallon for non-fat (cash or credit).

I don't recall gasoline being less expensive than milk. Gasoline currently here is $3.99 (or more) a gallon self service cash price, milk is $2.93 a gallon for non-fat (cash or credit).
Milk is around $4 a gallon where I am.
The average for gas is 3.20. but I can get it for around 3.15 this week, last time was 2.95.

Both are thing that probably vary a lot depending on where you live.

Milk is around $4 a gallon where I am.
The average for gas is 3.20. but I can get it for around 3.15 this week, last time was 2.95.

Both are thing that probably vary a lot depending on where you live.
I agree that where you live makes a huge difference......even in a small area. My wife's nephew managed a Market Basket grocery store.........the Texas chain of 34 for stores (not the New England chain of the same name with 89 stores).
There were some products he didn't carry in his store because the price, product or size would not sell at his location.
He did not carry 2 liter bottles of soda. He only carried 3 liter bottles, which are rare here in California except at like Dollar stores.....because they sold for almost exactly the same price as 2 liter soda, but you got 1/3 more.
He used to hate the flyer his chain sent out because there was always something he didn't carry, and he wasn't about to order a case of something when only one or two customers might ask for it because of it being in the flyer. He would just go to the closest store in his chain that did carry it, and buy the one or two he needed, or offer the customer a more expensive brand for the sale price.
As he put it, those flyers often contained items that very few of the stores carried, but somebody at the warehouse accidentally ordered and they needed to unload them.
One TV station I used to work at had a Wine expert on the Noon news once a month from a local specialty store. He admitted......off air only.....that the cheese or crackers etc. that he was pairing with the wine during the TV segment were items that weren't selling in the store and that they would sell out in a few days after being features on the show. He also admitted that he based what wine to showcase based on the other products that paired well with it that weren't selling.

Gas here went up $.25 a gallon since yesterday, back to $3.35 now. Just back from grocery shopping. A dozen eggs at Aldi's was $3.12, however an 18 count pack at Walmart was only $3.47. Try and figure that one out. Everything else is up at least $.10 since last week.

Yeah - Subaru is crazy expensive for an oil change - 134.95 for synth and 104.95 for standard....and that is with the coupon!!!!

I can do it cheaper elsewhere, but its just not worth it. Subaru is in and out in 20 minutes or so. Other places you have to leave it and come back or wait an hour or so.. and I don't trust jiffy lube - too many horror stories.

One GM dealer I used to go to had a really nice set up, so I did not mind waiting. High end espresso machine and fresh Italian Pastries...but they started charging an extra amount (it was a lot - for some reason I think it was 50 - but regardless it was too much) for non GM cars. We had been going there for years and they did not bother to mention it when we brought the car in. The never even responded to my email. I had purchased three used cars there over the years. neve again...lost a customer for life. Who wants a Chevy anyway - the used cars I bough there were never Chevys.
Wow, that's a high price for your subaru! We have a Subaru and my husband does the oil changes, and I thought that was expensive enough! He used to be a car mechanic so he does most of the work on our car and truck, which is a big help!

Gasoline has gone up to $2.99 a gallon. Might as well call it $3.00!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter