"It's 5:00 somewhere"=OKW

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I just heard that song for about the 100th time and had to ask-every time I hear it, I think how it reminds me of OKW. Anyone else? If you haven't heard it, you should. Part of it is the fact that Jimmy Buffet (and Alan Jackson) sings it. I told DH and he just rolled his eyes and said, "Disney, Disney, Disney-everything reminds you of Disney!" But please, isn't there anyone else who thinks "It's 5:00 somewhere" is a perfect OKW song?

I'm with you. Maybe we could make it the OKW Theme Song? ;)

I am a huge JB fan and I think that song is great. It seems to take you somewhere...even if it is temporary! I just wish it was on JBs newer "Meet Me in Margaritaville" cd.

Yes it does take me back to OKW, Key West, and those fish shacks on A1Al, Bimini ect ect ect ahhh those were the days.
The stories I could tell.

We leave on Wed night heading to Vegas for the Buffett show at MGM:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by Simba's Mom
Great idea!

Maybe we can get JB to cut a new version with "Noon" instead of "5:00" :p

Around here we use the "It's noon somewhere" line to decide when we can start consuming Adult beverages on days off:rolleyes:

I thought Buffet has a restaurant over by Universal's City Walk. If that is the case I don't think Disney would endorse his music for OKW.

Originally posted by Scott H
Yes it does take me back to OKW, Key West, and those fish shacks on A1Al, Bimini ect ect ect ahhh those were the days.
The stories I could tell.

We leave on Wed night heading to Vegas for the Buffett show at MGM:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Scott, you are so lucky to be going to a Buffett concert. We will go someday. Just waiting for a time that's right and a place we want to go. If he plays Orlando again, we could use points to stay at WDW. We are big Buffett fans. We have friends who have been to many concerts. He's one of the biggest Parrotheads I've ever seen. Every time we go to Orlando, we have to have a cheeseburger in paradise at Margarittaville in Universal's CityWalk.

Jimmy and Alan will be singing their duet on the country music award show in November. Can't remember which day. It's like November 4 or 5. Check your tv guide.

Thanks Mona, we will have a great time and think of OKW for us all.

There was a link to a web site for the video sorry I don't remember it nor did I save it.

Scott, you will have a blast at his show. The "Tiki Tour" is awesome. He was here in Detroit earlier in the summer. I must say those were 2 of the hardest tix I have ever bought! Are you partying in the parking lot beforehand??

Good to hear, hey any Buffett Concert is AWESOME.....

We went on line the minute they went on sale, actually also had two phone lines going . We got lucky and got tickets in the 30th row kinda center.

No parking lot tailgate party in Vegas, but there is a party starting early in the old amusement park at MGM. There is also supposed to be a surprise at during or after, I have no idea what it could be. They are also doing a live CD for this and a few other concerts.

This is good but not as good as a WDW DVC OKW trip, well close.

Originally posted by Scott H
Good to hear, hey any Buffett Concert is AWESOME.....

There is also supposed to be a surprise at during or after, I have no idea what it could be.

My guess is he'll be joined by Alan Jackson. Just a guess.

Supposedly Alan Jackson has a concert somewhere else that night. But you never know.

Simba's Mom,
I could have written your post. EVERYTHING reminds me of Disney and my dh always says the same thing!!!!
And YES, YES, YES!! That song SOOOOO much reminds me of OKW!!!!
Gotta love that country music!

What do they say, there is comfort in numbers? I love this board because there are people who feel just like me! My dh wants to take away my Members Guide book, he gave in to an add-on(called yaesterday!) but the funny thing is he will walk past me and almost always stop behind me to read the messages here!

Never been to a Buffet concert but have plenty of his cd's. Maybe someday. In the mean time I have friends here and Disney trip planning!

Kim:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter